usb/midi

Author
yudi
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2011/01/31 15:30:17 (permalink)

usb/midi

helow,

i just bought the v studio 20'  also - i have a keaboard with usb connect (medely mc120).

1. will i be able to use this card and  this keaboard and record like regular midi record?

2. the fact that neither of thees two, has midi connect - can it prevent me  to record midi/electronic music?

3. if i can use it - how do i connect them to my laptop? 

4. does the usb in the card -incharge just to the power from the pc, or also to the data?

4. does it make any diferent thar the output is small (maller than regular pL)?

opening the packge account on the infotmation i'll get/

thank you in advance

yudi

2 Replies Related Threads

djrobin
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 60
    Re:usb/midi 2011/01/31 18:04:47 (permalink)
    Yudi -
    I'm not sure I understand your question but it seems to me you're asking about recording the midi output from your mc120 keyboard.  If my understanding is correct, the v-studio 20 does not have a midi input on the control surface and the DAW is not setup for midi recording and editing.

What you can do is take the audio output and plug that into the line inputs of the V-Studio 20.

David

helow,

i just bought the v studio 20'  also - i have a keaboard with usb connect (medely mc120).

1. will i be able to use this card and  this keaboard and record like regular midi record?

2. the fact that neither of thees two, has midi connect - can it prevent me  to record midi/electronic music?

3. if i can use it - how do i connect them to my laptop? 

4. does the usb in the card -incharge just to the power from the pc, or also to the data?

4. does it make any diferent thar the output is small (maller than regular pL)?

opening the packge account on the infotmation i'll get/

thank you in advance

yudi

yudi
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:usb/midi 2011/02/01 10:07:59 (permalink)
    helo david,

what i have been told when i bought it is:

if i connect both (keaboard and v studio 20) through the USB to my laptop and i have -let say- cubae software, i can use it as midi outcome.

also - i'v been told that USB=MIDI (in terms of ability to record digital music)

is that correct !? or there is no way to use the v studio 20 but as an audio!?

yudi
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1