Help With Config File

Author
drummhedd
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 45
2011/02/02 19:01:03 (permalink)

Help With Config File

Can someone give me some help with the Aud file? I previously had a MOTU interface, which I no longer use and haven't for some time. X1 is still looking for the interface even though it wasn't present when X1 was installed, I now use a LYNX Aurora. I get the error message "No MOTU Audiowire Card was found. Make sure the card is seated properly and the driver has been installed." whenever I open X1. It still records and plays back fine, but I am having some other issues that may be related to this, I'm not sure. I assume that when X1 was installed it must have made use of the config file from 8.5. I have removed all of the lines in the config file that related to MOTU and I still get the message. Is there something else I need to / can do?

Thanks
Dave

To Lead Is to Invite a Flogging

SX1,Lynx AES16, Lynx Aurora 16 Event ASP 8's, P4 2.8 dual core, Toft ATB24, Focusrite, UA, Great River, Trident pre's, Sound Toys, Drumagog, SSL Duende XP SP3 on an Intel Core2 Quad CPU @ 2.66GHz. 

3 Replies Related Threads

lorneyb2
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1667
    Re:Help With Config File 2011/02/02 19:40:27 (permalink)
    1. If you are no longer using it at all then disable it in your Windows device manager.
    2. Under Prefernces(P) - Audio - Devices make sure only the Lynx items are checked.
                                               - Driver Settings make sure your Lynx is selected under both Playback and Record timing master boxes.
    If the Motu was showing up in either of those then click OK and then restart Sonar.
    If not then try the following.

3. Under Prefernces(P) - Audio - Playback and Recording Driver Mode change it to WDM/KS click OK then exit Sonar and restart(Sonar).  This should force Sonar to reprofile your audio Card(Lynx) in WDM and hopefully bypass the Motu stuff.  Now change it back to ASIO and click OK, Exit Sonar and restart.  It should force Sonar to again reprofile your Lynx in ASIO and hopefully solve your problem.

If not I am at a loss for what else to suggest.

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Win 8.1 Pro 64bit,  Quad Core 3.2GHz,  16G ram, Edirol FA 101, Nvidia
    EW (Platinum Orchestra, Hollywood Strings, Pianos, Gypsy, Fab 4, Ministry of Rock,Choirs, etc)

PeterMc
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 504
    Re:Help With Config File 2011/02/03 15:02:24 (permalink)
    Try deleting (or renaming if this makes you uneasy) the aud.ini file. It will get re-created when you start Sonar, and will then only contain info about your existing sound cards.

Cheers, Peter.

i5 6500, H170M, Intel HD 530, 16GB, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Win 10 Pro (1803) (64 bit), Cakewalk by Bandlab

Grumbleweed_
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 915
    Re:Help With Config File 2011/02/03 16:49:54 (permalink)
    I fiddled around with this to rid the "Creative ASIO" options that kept popping up - even though I'd killed them on the pc.
    I got rid of that but now my Line 6 Toneport is only seen as a single pair of inputs rather than two pairs (dry/ processed).
    Fortunately I always use the dry version and process it how I want afterwards but I'd be buggered if I wanted the processed version.
    Bottom line: be careful when messing with stuff! (I swear I said this very recently on another thing I messed up by playing around )

Grum.

Another edit: Ignore that, I just checked again and it appears to have rebuilt itself!
    Bottom line: Mess about as much as you want as it can't be broken

Grum.
    post edited by grumbleweed4162 - 2011/02/03 16:54:40

Grumbleweed on Soundcloud
    Grumbleweed on Bandcamp
    Grumbleweed on Soundclick

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), 3770K i7, 8 GB ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro 14, Cubase 9.5, Reason 10, CbB.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1