Any ETA on the new X1 Update ?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
deswind
Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 952
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/04 23:01:06 (permalink)
It cannot be said too much:
Cakewalk - take the time you need to get it right.

It makes no sense to be pressured and release it too soon.  Afterall, that is what people are complaining about with X1.  So no sense in making the same mistake twice.

And even if it is April - the time will come, and if there are a lot of fixes, a lot of people will be happy.
(thought I hope there are some font and color scheming options included in the fixes).
chrisharbin
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1852
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/04 23:05:52 (permalink)
Meh, another edit.

I think the thing to do is step away from the chalupa. I'm a "head on" guy and not really afraid of things but I think an absence until I see the update is best.

I will answer all PM's though, so hopefully I'll be strong and stay out of the pot so to speak.
post edited by chrisharbin - 2011/02/05 02:47:19

i7 860/MSI mobo/8GB ram/win7x64ultimate/X2/profire 610/oxygen 61/running 48k currently.
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/05 10:16:31 (permalink)
HumbleNoise

Zyler is saying that it's going to remain global as it is today, meaning, in my opinion, that the snap will NOT change from PRV to TV. A current 'feature' that no one understands, and that everyone, including me, wants changed. If I'm wrong please correct me.

There will be more disappointments certainly. Let's just hope this isn't a feature request that goes years before changing.

I guess that's why I suggested we keep our expectations low.

EDIT: I just realized I assumed we 'all' want 2 snap settings. My bad, I don't what you all want, started a poll.

Hi Humble...

I do agree with you in much of this, but I don't believe they released this knowing it had all these bugs... I'm sure it was testing fine in their' rigs as well as the beta testers....

But there were so many changes that there were bound to be an enourmous number of bugs and issues... For me, it just wasn't worth the "new features" as I feel I've lost more than I've gained... Yesterday's vocal comping was such a royal pain that I got pushed back to 8.5 to complete it in the end...

Cakewalk's updates have always been very righteous.... Let's hope it is this time as well... but I'm not counting on it. Too many things need attention and I don't think even a March date will let them get even a large part of what I need...

But we are also a large and very talented community... This particular issue (snap) is being resolved in other ways for now... Checkout benstats's X1 Helper... It will solve the snap dilemma for now (snapto/by is still an issue and I'm hoping that the Bakers can add the shortcuts needed to finish this 3rd party fix)...

Other things such as the split pointer issue (Smart tool's upper half-lower half issue forcing a huge number of extra clicks and mouse moves to get basic editing)... this is paramount as well... I spent more time fighting with this issue than I could believe!

Not to expect too much? I don't... but I hope.............

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
HumbleNoise
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/05 11:04:59 (permalink)
Yeah good points Keni,

Luckily for me I was never too wed to 8.53 and am a casual user so X1 actually works great for me. Has taken a very large effort to come to grips with all the new tools and I THINK I like them. Sooo much room for improvement and I'm afraid many of those improvements will wait until a paid X2 or X3. Sigh.

Benstat's helper looks amazing and I will have to try it after he gets his official first version posted. How he can add so many features from outside the program simply amazes me.

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
MAudio 2496
Yamaha MG 12/4
Roland XV-88
Intel MB with Q6600 and 4 GB Ram
NVidia 9800 GTX
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Keni
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/05 12:18:44 (permalink)
HumbleNoise

Yeah good points Keni,

Luckily for me I was never too wed to 8.53 and am a casual user so X1 actually works great for me. Has taken a very large effort to come to grips with all the new tools and I THINK I like them. Sooo much room for improvement and I'm afraid many of those improvements will wait until a paid X2 or X3. Sigh.

Benstat's helper looks amazing and I will have to try it after he gets his official first version posted. How he can add so many features from outside the program simply amazes me.

I'm glad it's working out for you... It's a nightmare for me... and has nothing to do with learning the "new" system... Other than the gui issues which I don't use, and the ProChannel which I don't use, and the Matrix, which I don't use, and Beatscape which I don't use... the program is the same... The only real differences are the moved/added/lost commands and command methods... PITA and in my opinion, the wrong emphasis was placed on the wrong things at the wrong time...

8.5.3 was the closest we've come to satisfying all... and I think that the items in X1 which are being so touted by some users could have been added while not replacing what already worked... As to the GUI? I couldn't care less about it, but they should not have allowed the loss of things so long sought after by so many users... Remember, "we" asked for those features.... People want them! Adding new features? Always good even if I don't use them... Losing features? Abomination!

benstat's program will help many people in many ways. His access and abilites are limited by not having access to the raw code (of course), but he's using some very clever ideas to amke up for many of the current annoyances and lacking abilites (lost tools)... I'm confident that he has a release version coming soon... and if X1b has just a few minor things, it can give him the power to fix some major issues we have with X1...

The UI? PITA for me... I don't like it at all! the widgets are poorly grouped and sized badly so that I can't see as much as before. That translates to a lot of sizing/resizing or opening/closing (inspector) and it gets old VERY fast when working on a typical project here...

Far too many issues have been created instead of fixed in this release (X1) for me... I don't see myself doing a lot of projects in it even if these major issues are resolved... The UI issues alone are enough to double my work-time...

Bad move Cakewalk! I'm surprised at you!!!

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
HumbleNoise
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/05 12:33:47 (permalink)
I feel your pain Keni and I think the Bakers knew that some people would like the new UI and other wouldn't. It was a risky strategy and sadly will leave some users very bummed out. Hopefully future versions get it sorted for you but I don't the feeling they will. And maybe benstat can really address the shortcomings but that's really just a band-aid ain't it.

Anyway hang in the and if there's thing I (we) we can do to help please post away.

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
MAudio 2496
Yamaha MG 12/4
Roland XV-88
NVidia 9800 GTX
Keni
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/05 12:54:36 (permalink)
HumbleNoise

I feel your pain Keni and I think the Bakers knew that some people would like the new UI and other wouldn't. It was a risky strategy and sadly will leave some users very bummed out. Hopefully future versions get it sorted for you but I don't the feeling they will. And maybe benstat can really address the shortcomings but that's really just a band-aid ain't it.

Anyway hang in the and if there's thing I (we) we can do to help please post away.

Hi Larry...

Thanks for your support...

I believe that this will get addressed tho it will now take a long time to get these things back.. Was it planned? Roland's now in the driver seat, so I can only have my suspicions... This gives them a whole range of old problems, already solved to bring back to the program and touted as new and fixed!

There are enough people clamoring about this for them to take notice and over time I believe these issues will get addressed... am I willing to wait that long? Don't bet on it...

They've seriously put doubt in my long-time trust... If nothing else I will not be jumping to buy X2 without absolute proof that at least the biggest of my issues have been fixed... No doubt about it. this will be my last version of Roland, I mean Sonar that be the case. I sure hope that it isn't.

benstat's program a band-aid? Maybe so, but it's becoming totally invisible to the user... simply adds features back that were lost... and resolves some current problems as well... Watch for his release version very soon... Band Aid? I think of it more as a plugin.... 3rd party and running "inside" Sonar... I don't even have to load it! ...and to complete the tasks it's currently doing, some VERY simple additions to Sonar need be done... If not already done... (snapto/by is still an issue in need of Cakewalk adding this to the available shortcuts)...

I think the Bakers could have satisfied both... But they would have had to put off the release another 6 months or so and that wouldn't work for their business model as they must make salaries and such even without a new release to stimulate sales...

So where does that leave us? Good question... Bad answers...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

HumbleNoise
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/05 13:05:53 (permalink)
I meant no disrespect to benstat's helper, in fact I'm in awe of his abilities. I only meant it was a Band-aid in the fact that Sonar and the Bakers didn't build that stuff in. Plugin sounds better to me as well.

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
MAudio 2496
Yamaha MG 12/4
Roland XV-88
NVidia 9800 GTX
Keni
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/05 13:30:32 (permalink)
HumbleNoise

I meant no disrespect to benstat's helper, in fact I'm in awe of his abilities. I only meant it was a Band-aid in the fact that Sonar and the Bakers didn't build that stuff in. Plugin sounds better to me as well.

Hi Larry...

Not to worry... I didn't take it as disrespect.... and I agree it should be built in... The fact that a 3rd party could somewhat painlessly add these things by himself shows how easy it would have been for the Bakers to do so to begin with! ...and again not to belittle Ben's work at all... He's a savior!

With it's expected abilities, you will not notice that you're even opening a 3rd party device... It'll simply "be there" as if it 'is' part of X1!

If The Bakers can simply add a few more commands to the available shortcuts, for me it will be as good as solved! Let the Bakers spend their time resolving the other issues that Ben can't get at as an "outsider"... buttons for my needed tool access... snap2 settings that I don't have to toggle back and forth all day....!!!

Keep an eye...

BTW... Nasty crash you displayed in that thread... It looked as tho I saw a C++ message quickly flash by... It doesn't appear that you're using the sonitus delay (memory leak), but it does seem that something is crashing C++ runtime in your situation as well?

Keni

post edited by Keni - 2011/02/05 13:32:49

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

HumbleNoise
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/05 13:36:39 (permalink)
It's crashed like that a few time before I figured it out but I don't remember ever seeing the C++ message.

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
MAudio 2496
Yamaha MG 12/4
Roland XV-88
NVidia 9800 GTX
Keni
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/05 14:28:04 (permalink)
HumbleNoise

It's crashed like that a few time before I figured it out but I don't remember ever seeing the C++ message.

I thought I saw it "blink" on/off screen quickly as the crash occurred... What was that window?

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records

HumbleNoise
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/05 14:34:17 (permalink)
It's a bit OT for this thread Keni but there's a pic of the crash screen on this thread.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2220456

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
MAudio 2496
Yamaha MG 12/4
Roland XV-88
NVidia 9800 GTX
SilkTone
Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1566
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/05 17:09:21 (permalink)
This is supposed to be "good news"? This means that X1 will be unusable for many of us for "only" 25% of its lifetime (until the next paid release comes along). And that is an optimistic timeframe if the patch is released in early March - highly unlikely.

I wonder if CW would refund us each $25 for the portion of the time it was an unusable mess?

People can try to cover for CW but it was CW that made the decision to bite off more than they can chew. This after many people asked for a bugfix-only cycle.

Due to X1 I have lost all of my loyalty towards CW. I no longer care for them and I don't understand how people can defend the utterly bad decisions they have made. The only thing I care about at this point is salvaging some use out of X1 due the money I spent on it.

Windows 10 Pro x64, SONAR Platinum 64-bit
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 USB, ASRock Z97 Pro4, Haswell 4790k @ 4.4GHz
32GB DDR3/1600, 500GB SSD (OS) + 256 GB SSD + 3TB MD
NVIDIA GTX-1070, 40" 4K Monitor + 1 Monitor in ISO booth
cryptexmarble
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 289
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/05 17:17:59 (permalink)
Middleman

Mid March is considered safe for decent bug resolution

The masses are hoping for late February

MID MARCH ????????????????????????? WTF ! WTF !

ROLAND -CAKEWALK ----I start laughing  --this MUST be a joke !
ba_midi
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14061
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/05 17:25:42 (permalink)
SilkTone

This is supposed to be "good news"? This means that X1 will be unusable for many of us for "only" 25% of its lifetime (until the next paid release comes along). And that is an optimistic timeframe if the patch is released in early March - highly unlikely.

I wonder if CW would refund us each $25 for the portion of the time it was an unusable mess?

People can try to cover for CW but it was CW that made the decision to bite off more than they can chew. This after many people asked for a bugfix-only cycle.

Due to X1 I have lost all of my loyalty towards CW. I no longer care for them and I don't understand how people can defend the utterly bad decisions they have made. The only thing I care about at this point is salvaging some use out of X1 due the money I spent on it.

I've been trying not to involve myself too much here (or as much as I used to) because, like you, I, too, have lost some loyalty toward CW.  I may not be as far gone as you seem to be - yet.  But, they made some bad decisions (imho) and let X1 out of the barn without taking her for a good ride first.

And, some of their comments and approaches on the forum have given me pause as well.   I know some of the CW staff (Brandon, etc) are trying hard, but the big decisions come down from upstairs, so to speak, and they have their marching orders.

You're right - 25% of the usual life-cycle of a Sonar version is gone/wasted for some (I'm one).   It's not a good feeling.   They had an opportunity to really hit a home run and instead they bunted (and I'm not even a big sports fan lol).

I DO await X1b, but things have changed.   I haven't touched X1 in weeks.  I've been using S1 - one of their competitors.  This didn't happen because I was just "curious".  It happened because X1 didn't work out well for me (YET).   So they brought this on themselves, from my perspective.

And, we need to keep the pressure up.  If we don't, they will be tempted to follow the path they have been following.   Even the most ardent supporters admit to long standing bugs.  IT seems only CW is the one not 'getting it.'

So I've lost a LOT of my enthusiasm and I'm more skeptical now.  Perhaps that's a good thing after all.

I just hope X1B isn't another "almost."  Only time will tell.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
ba_midi
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/05 17:27:19 (permalink)
Oh, and let's think about this:   X1B may solve some problems, but it probably won't be the last patch or fix all problems.

So even X1B may not get us all 'there' yet.   I hope I'm wrong on this, of course.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 11326
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/06 02:53:05 (permalink)
I think X1b will fix an awful lot of the bugs but there will be many that are going to be disappointed. The reason? It isn't going to change X1 back into 8.5 or Sonar V9 like some seem to want.
ba_midi
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/06 04:39:49 (permalink)
FastBikerBoy

I think X1b will fix an awful lot of the bugs but there will be many that are going to be disappointed. The reason? It isn't going to change X1 back into 8.5 or Sonar V9 like some seem to want.
Karl,

I personally DON'T want X1 to be 8.5.3.  I WANT it to be fresh/new/better.   I'm ok with that.  What I don't want is the hype about it and in the end result it's not that.

I've been using Sonar for 7 years and I've grown with it.  I want it to grow with me too.

But I don't want corporate decisions to be made without regard to the consequences.  And, in all the honesty I can muster, that's what this felt like.

I think Sonar has an enormous feature set that should be as solid as can be, after 10 years in the making (baking?);  but to see the kind of extremely varied results (including my own) is of concern.

SOME of the bugs they let out said to me (and maybe only me):   they didn't care as much about me as I did about them.  I think others felt that way too.  It doesn't take rocket science to figure that out.

I'm am not a fanboi, nor am I a CW basher.  I am a customer who has been loyal.  It's time for CW to step up to the plate and be a loyal vendor.

At this point in time, I'm am truly sorry to say that I am not going to be as "hopeful" as I used to be.  I want results now.  We all do.   Times are changing.  The competition is changing.

I want MY Sonar to be the best I can have/get.   So I have a vested interest in being demanding about that.  We all do.

Let's see if they do.

Now, there are some CW staffers who will say I'm violenty angry and take things too personally.  I strongly disagree.  But at this point, it doesn't matter as much as it USED to....    I just want to make music with great tools.

Sonar was my sidekick for 7 years.   But like all relationships - it takes two to tango.

post edited by ba_midi - 2011/02/06 04:45:37

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/06 06:05:13 (permalink)
Billy,

I have nothing but respect for you, the way you raise issues, voice concerns, and generally 'act' on the forums is IMHO first class. On top of that you seem to actually read what others have written before responding, oh how I wish that were true of everyone.

I've not seen you jump in on one thread and spout BS only ever reasoned sensible argument.

I'm sure that *if* you are disappointed with X1b it'll be for good reasons and not because it's not a return to 8.5.

Unfortunately there are many on here that just cannot seem to accept that like it or not X1 is a very different animal to 8.5. I don't even think CW hid that fact pre-release either, I was pretty much expecting what we got - okay maybe not *quite* as many bugs chucked in though . X1 may not be quite what CW wished it would be or what any of us wished it was. i.e. bug free but it's also nowhere near as bad as some would have you/me believe.

I acknowledge completely that there are plenty of bugs, there's also many changes to the ways lots of functions/features are accessed/achieved - some better, some not so good. I also understand how some of those bugs will impact on some differently to others making the program unusable for some. You've only got to look at the envelope cut/paste bug we discussed elsewhere. You notice it and it's a PITA for you - I understand that - but because I work slightly differently I don't notice it at all so it's a non-issue for me. You probably understand that view as well.

I've said elsewhere that I can accept the program doesn't work for some. It's a few of the 'some' who just can't seem to accept that it does work for me & others. We (the others) are apparently either - and these are from threads - fanbois, liars, morons, deluded, amateur, not using it properly, or not pushing it hard enough, .... I could go on & on.....

Sometimes it seems that terminology generates a lot of the confusion in another thread someone said "numerous things in this release don't work on anybody's machines" which I took to mean literally didn't work, and don't agree with, what they meant was there are lots of bugs that appear on everyone's machines - which I do agree with. Two completely different meanings to me though.

Then there is the failing to grasp how something may have changed. There's another thread about quick groups as an example of that. It was declared but one of the more pessimistic users that it was nowhere near as functional as 8.5 and completely useless, where in fact after a little digging it is more functional and even more usable than 8.5 - and more logical IMHO. Again I could go on & on.

The biggest problem I have at the moment is the way it has dragged the forum down from being a great source of tips, information, and help to little more than a childish squabble. Unfortunately I'm being dragged down to that level as well and have contributed/inflamed the situation. (This post will probably do that - although that is honestly not my intention)

I'm now trying hard to stay out of the negative posts. By negative posts I don't mean people complaining about genuine bugs, problems etc. everyone has a right to voice their opinion. The negative posts I'm referring to are the ones where someone has something good to say, a tip, help etc. and in pile the nay-sayers....  I really don't get their agenda. It almost makes me want to stay away, which would probably suit some, but I ain't going to let all the negativity win so I'll just try and stick to the post where I can be of some use or have something constructive to say.

I think underneath all the bugs lies a really good program waiting to get out. If I didn't I'd have either gone back to 8.5 and probably stayed there forever, after all it does more than what I really need, or simply invested my time and money elsewhere and left CW and this forum to get on with life.

What I don't understand is those that seem to want to do neither of those and just repeat the same old complaints over and over....... ad nauseum.

Anyway, I think that's enough for now.........

I bet when you started reading the compliments I was paying you at the start of the thread you thought there was a BUT coming, BUT.... there isn't.

Sorry to disappoint you.

I hope X1b is everything you want it to be, and if it isn't that you get sorted with whatever you decide is best for you. Genuinely........
post edited by FastBikerBoy - 2011/02/06 06:08:19
ba_midi
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/06 06:35:20 (permalink)
Karl,

First I thank you for your kinds words.  And I hope you know, (and I'm sure I do) that I have the same repsect for you.  I admire your tenacity lately.  I can't say I have the same ability to keep going with some of the issues (and people) here.  But you have always been an extremely helpful person; willing to share YOUR well earned knowledge with others.  I have certainly been the beneficiary of your knowledge and willingness to share. 

And for that I thank you.

It is somewhat unfortunate the downturn I / others see here.  This forum has been (and actually still is) one of the most vibrant communities I have ever stumbled upon.    I always find myself ending up back to here for SO many reasons, and for the 'few' who seem to exude incredible humanity, sentivitiy, and knowledge.   I do hope CW understands what a community this has become.

As I continue to live life, and get older, I realize that no matter what, there always will be those who aren't "there' yet.  We all were (and may still be) like that.   It's through the wisdom of others that I gratefully learn so much.

And even those who are extreme, less thoughtful, etc, I learn from them too.  It reminds me of where I have been and may still be.    We are just humans.

I always tell friends a story about the:
"Chicken coming out of the egg."   When a chic is born, it's first task is to break through that shell that encompasses it.  It chips away and at the time it probably seems like an endless and futile task.  BUT - once it cracks through that shell -- there's a whole new world on the other side.

I think us humans are like that, but with all the "conveniences" in life (iPhones, etc) -- we get somewhat sedate.  We are mesmorized easily.  All the more reason to shake people loose from their comfort zones.

Ok, but I digress a little LOL.

I have said many times, and will again:  these are challenging times.  But in those kinds of times is where humans have the most potential for growth.

In good times - we bond.  In tough times -- we either grow or we fall behind.   I would encourage us to grow in difficult times.

And, in that mindset, I think this is a good time for CW to grow.   I mean that.   A company is made up of "humans."  And while things like quarterly earnings may not affect everyone, it does affect those who are in "the company".

I think what has happened - from my perspective, is that the long time CW customers expected something more than audio snap not working properly -- or Snap Grid being undependable.   Shouldn't this program be beyond that?  Even with a new interface?

I know - as do you I'm sure - that this was NO easy task to take a mature, 10 years app and bring it into the current environment, and modernize it.   I know this was a difficult thing for the programmers and all involved.   And I DO have sympathy and compassion for them and what their challenge was.

But I honestly - and sincerely feel - this was their time to get a wake up call.   We all go through it many times in life.  And, more often than not, it's a good thing. 

Humans NEED to grow.  Need to express their talents.  Need to succeed.

And some don't.   We can't be responsible for everyone, but we can encourage each other to fight the demons we all have that hold us back.  And this applies to "companies" too -- as I said,  a company is still made up of Humans.

You, me, and many others here have been Cakewalks' front line of support in many ways.   I never asked for anything -- nor did you.   But now, when we need our tools to work - it's their turn to step up to the plate.

The funny thing is - we know they can.   But they didn't, in my opinion.   I'm not trying to be harsh.  But in my life sometimes life slaps me around to wake me up.   I think this is that kind of moment for CW.

I've been using Studio One for almost 2 weeks now.  Their competitor.   I'd rather be using Sonar X1 frankly - because "Sonar" as we've known it, has incrediblly MATURE features.   But I've given up SOME of those to have something else -- audio engine stability, and less bloat.

Maybe this is JUST my opinion, but I want to have Cake and it's great team (they are, even when they mess up like we all do) do what they can do best, and have for YEARS, which is to make a GREAT DAW.

This was not DAW 2.0.  This was something else.  I won't put a term on it ... I just don't know.  And we all know it's not HORRIBLE.   But it has too many "blatant" problems.  That's what makes me upset.   A first timer could have spotted these things, yet they let it out the door.

As for this forum -- yes, things have been weird lately.  I'm incredibly reluctant to involved myself -- and that's not like me.  I want to be involved.   Like you are and do.... and I was.

I don't know what else to say -   this is one long message isn't it? LOL.  I apologize.   I have a lot to say usually :)

Anyway - again thank you for your kind words - and thank you for YOUR contributions to me and others, Karl.

Let's hope this all works out.  But it won't happen on "wishing and hoping."  It will happen because those humans who can do something about -- will.

Be well my friend.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

ba_midi
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/06 06:44:04 (permalink)
Karl,

BTW, one thing I must say - and this probably will get some flack (maybe a LOT) --

I just wish everyone would READ THE MANUAL at least ONCE ;)

Seriously - this laziness about "learning" something as complex as a DAW just amazes me how people can approach it like a toy, or a game, or whatever.

SO many problems can be solved by learning.

I don't mind helping others - you don't either.  But I bet it also gets to you how many seem to want it "spoon fed" to them.

Ok, I better go to sleep now :)

Thanks again Karl - for being you.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/06 06:50:15 (permalink)
Some good points there Billy, and thanks for the kind words as well.

Aren't humans strange?........ Twenty years ago we'd have given body parts away to be able to edit audio as easily and in the way we can now.

Now we're ****ing 'cos the tool that'll help correct the timing doesn't work. That's progress I guess. Undoubtedly by the time Audiosnap is working properly we'll be complaining the tool that sorts out the guitarist's bum chord isn't working properly....... LOL

I think X1 probably has been a wake up call for CW, time will tell there I guess. In the meantime I'm going to try and be patient. Take care.......
ba_midi
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/06 06:53:33 (permalink)
FastBikerBoy

Some good points there Billy, and thanks for the kind words as well.

Aren't humans strange?........ Twenty years ago we'd have given body parts away to be able to edit audio as easily and in the way we can now.

Now we're ****ing 'cos the tool that'll help correct the timing doesn't work. That's progress I guess. Undoubtedly by the time Audiosnap is working properly we'll be complaining the tool that sorts out the guitarist's bum chord isn't working properly....... LOL

I think X1 probably has been a wake up call for CW, time will tell there I guess. In the meantime I'm going to try and be patient. Take care.......
Heh, humans strange?   That's an understatement, no? LOL.

Well, I'm with you in a lot of ways.  I still want MY SONAR to be my go-to DAW.  I do.   But I'm doing my part, as are you.

It's on them now I think ;)

You take care too, Karl :)

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

drumr
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 683
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/06 07:40:31 (permalink)
"It's not a good feeling.   They had an opportunity to really hit a home run and instead they bunted (and I'm not even a big sports fan lol).

I DO await X1b, but things have changed. I just hope X1B isn't another "almost."  Only time will tell"

AMEN,, it's time to get it right. I really like the look and feel of X1 but am very dissapointed in the lazy approach to fixing it by cakewalk-roland. I for one am sick of the comments stating for them to take their time, blah blah. They had time to get it right before it was released to their buying public. Other DAWs such as Reaper release fixes weekly, what makes Sonar so special that it can not respond to a ruptured program in a similar manner.
I dare say if this were the business model for a new program, especially in these lean economic times, the said business would not be around very long at all.
Please get this thing right and don't make us wait until March to give us all hope that we can be productive on a pro level with X!.
Middleman
Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4397
Re:Any ETA on the new X1 Update ? 2011/02/06 11:42:04 (permalink)
ba_midi

Karl,

BTW, one thing I must say - and this probably will get some flack (maybe a LOT) --

I just wish everyone would READ THE MANUAL at least ONCE ;)

Seriously - this laziness about "learning" something as complex as a DAW just amazes me how people can approach it like a toy, or a game, or whatever.

SO many problems can be solved by learning.

I don't mind helping others - you don't either.  But I bet it also gets to you how many seem to want it "spoon fed" to them.

Ok, I better go to sleep now :)

Thanks again Karl - for being you.

Amen Billy.

Gear: A bunch of stuff.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1