• Total Posts : 1
2011/02/05 12:09:42 (permalink)

copy rights

are copyright statments acepted by law?

10 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:copy rights 2011/02/06 00:05:30 (permalink)
    what you mean?  you patent stuff and put TM's and (C) on it.. but you have to apply for that.. varies worldwide.. so that comes into it.. and also what your copyrighting.

7-string_guy
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 430
    Re:copy rights 2011/02/07 20:27:37 (permalink)
    If you want to cheaply copyright your album / cd, go to the post office and certify mail it to yourself. Sign for it when the postman arrives, DO NOT open it. Put it away in a safe place. If you ever go to court over the song or album, hand it to the judge. That is a legal way of copyrighting. It is a legal package with a certified date on it. It will hold up. I promise.

EDIT : Also works for lyrics and album art and / or anything else you want to put into the package.
    post edited by 7-string_guy - 2011/02/07 20:28:54

I7 2600k 3.4g on a ASUS MB with 16 gb of ram
    FireFace 400 AI / Sonar 8.5 Producer / ToonTrack Superior Drummer 2
    Alesis M1 Active MKII / Ibanez 7 string / Fender Super-Sonic
    Schecter studio 5 bass / Boss Dr. Rhythm 880 , also Yamaha DTX full rack drum pad trigger system
    RLD
    Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1990
    Re:copy rights 2011/02/07 20:32:26 (permalink)
    7-string_guy

If you want to cheaply copyright your album / cd, go to the post office and certify mail it to yourself. Sign for it when the postman arrives, DO NOT open it. Put it away in a safe place. If you ever go to court over the song or album, hand it to the judge. That is a legal way of copyrighting. It is a legal package with a certified date on it. It will hold up. I promise.

EDIT : Also works for lyrics and album art and / or anything else you want to put into the package.

No.
    I repeat, no.
    From the U.S.Gov site...
    "I’ve heard about a “poor man’s copyright.” What is it?
    The practice of sending a copy of your own work to yourself is sometimes called a “poor man’s copyright.” There is no provision in the copyright law regarding any such type of protection, and it is not a substitute for registration. "

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:copy rights 2011/02/07 23:12:42 (permalink)
    that's also a myth in the UK as well.. you have to register stuff with MCPS or/and writing associations etc

1 bit covers the actual recording the other covers the content e.g. words / arrangement

7-string_guy
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 430
    Re:copy rights 2011/02/10 20:55:17 (permalink)
    but it is proof of who wrote it first...it has a stamped date. sealed and good as a notary...tho you are right, it's no substitute, but merely proof of its original production date. I've never done it. Either way. But i do have the copyright forms.

I7 2600k 3.4g on a ASUS MB with 16 gb of ram
    FireFace 400 AI / Sonar 8.5 Producer / ToonTrack Superior Drummer 2
    Alesis M1 Active MKII / Ibanez 7 string / Fender Super-Sonic
    Schecter studio 5 bass / Boss Dr. Rhythm 880 , also Yamaha DTX full rack drum pad trigger system
    collisionmac
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 28
    Re:copy rights 2011/02/13 17:19:42 (permalink)
    7-string_guy

but it is proof of who wrote it first...it has a stamped date. sealed and good as a notary...tho you are right, it's no substitute, but merely proof of its original production date. I've never done it. Either way. But i do have the copyright forms.

True, but if Bob(yes Bob is the guy that stole your work) copyrighted the work he stole from you then your envelope and contents will not be accepted as proof and he will have all rights to it, and you nothing. Better to just copyright correctly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The cost of your equipment simply doesn't matter to me. Get over it. 
    giankap
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 387
    Re:copy rights 2011/02/13 17:34:21 (permalink)

(yes Bob is the guy that stole your work)

if he already knows that Bob is the one who gets to steal from him, isn't it wise to sue him in advance? Bob won't even know what hit him!

sincerely,

Ioannis

Windows - some Dual Core CPU - a little bit of RAM - not so bad soundcard - i think it's called Sonar - a silver mixer with colorful knobs - black speaker monitors - my ears

some work
    kamrald
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re:copy rights 2011/02/18 02:56:40 (permalink)
    You see copyright dates on each book and all other literature, and numerous product patents symbol somewhere on the packaging. You can also learn more about copyright and patents when there are questions about who owns the rights to a particular job or product.You can not copyright works that have no concrete form. A dance, for example, has written choreography before it can be copyrighted. You can not copyright basic names, titles, short phrases, lists of information and common property
    MNorman
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1261
    Re:copy rights 2011/02/21 19:24:14 (permalink)
    You can self-copyright something.  It's copyrighted, whether or not you go through the trouble of registering.  Proving is another story.  Registering something offers you instant, well-recognized proof.  In th absence of a registration, you're on your own to prove you wrote it.  And are subject to the arguments of any lawyer who has an interest in proving you wrong.  If you think that Intellectual Property theft is an issue, then register it.  Period.  It's very cheap insurance...
    kendricknds
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re:copy rights 2011/04/04 03:58:13 (permalink)
    You see absorb dates on anniversary book and all added literature, and abundant artefact patents attribute about on the packaging. You can as well apprentice added about absorb and patents if there are questions about who owns the rights to a accurate job or product.You can not absorb works that accept no accurate form. A dance, for example, has accounting choreography afore it can be copyrighted. You can not absorb basal names, titles, abbreviate phrases, lists of advice and accepted property.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1