Starting to get problems

Author
micklamm
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 167
2011/02/06 04:44:28 (permalink)

Starting to get problems

I am starting to have the following difficulties:

When I start Sonar X1 Producer it sometimes tells me that "There are no audio devices for the current driver model on your system. Please go to the Options / Audio and choose a different driver model."

I used Sonar today for several hours without problems. If I turn my VS-100 off and on a few times and restart Sonar several times it eventually works. Needless to say I don't have the patience to be turning things off and on repeatedly until they finally work. Nor should I have to.
Any help appreciated.
Mick

10 Replies Related Threads

ba_midi
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14061
    Re:Starting to get problems 2011/02/06 04:50:09 (permalink)
    micklamm

I am starting to have the following difficulties:

When I start Sonar X1 Producer it sometimes tells me that "There are no audio devices for the current driver model on your system. Please go to the Options / Audio and choose a different driver model."

I used Sonar today for several hours without problems. If I turn my VS-100 off and on a few times and restart Sonar several times it eventually works. Needless to say I don't have the patience to be turning things off and on repeatedly until they finally work. Nor should I have to.
    Any help appreciated.
    Mick
    Mick,

You may know this, so forgive me if I'm stating the obvious  - but are you turrning on ALL your devices BEFORE you boot Sonar?

More often than not - that is why people get that message.  It MAY not be your case, but it begs the question just to get that out of the way as a possible cause.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
    Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
    Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
    rabeach
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2703
    Re:Starting to get problems 2011/02/06 04:54:10 (permalink)
    The VS-100 should not be powered up until the operating system is fully booted. Power down the VS-100 reboot your PC do not turn on the VS-100 until your operating system has fully booted up.
    micklamm
    Re:Starting to get problems 2011/02/06 05:06:27 (permalink)
    Thanks for the replies guys. I always wait till the system is fully booted before I power up the VS-100. The VS-100 is on and all cables are plugged in. As I said it was working fine this afternoon but tonight it is not...
    Mick
    ba_midi
    Re:Starting to get problems 2011/02/06 05:08:37 (permalink)
    micklamm

Thanks for the replies guys. I always wait till the system is fully booted before I power up the VS-100. The VS-100 is on and all cables are plugged in. As I said it was working fine this afternoon but tonight it is not...
    Mick
    Mick,

I don't have an answer for you - but I can say this:

In all the years I've been doing this, one thing I can COUNT on, is "surprise" LOL.   Sometimes things just don't go right.

At those moments, I reboot ;)  And pray :)

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

micklamm
    Re:Starting to get problems 2011/02/06 05:24:28 (permalink)
    This is starting to really annoy me.... now when I open the project I have been working on and press the play button, I cannot stop the playback. The only way to stop it is to go to Device Manager and force Sonar X1 to close down. When I start it up again the same thing happens.

Mick
    ba_midi
    Re:Starting to get problems 2011/02/06 05:28:53 (permalink)
    micklamm

This is starting to really annoy me.... now when I open the project I have been working on and press the play button, I cannot stop the playback. The only way to stop it is to go to Device Manager and force Sonar X1 to close down. When I start it up again the same thing happens.

Mick

Mick,

Did you change ANYTHING (and I do mean ANYTHING) in your system?  Did you change settings, or anything like that?

IF not, maybe some device has developed a problem.  Check your power supply, CPU fan (many overlook this!), Memory, everything.    We can't just make music, as you know; we have to be doctors too ;)

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

Crg
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:Starting to get problems 2011/02/06 07:14:38 (permalink)
    If the VS100 is anything like the VS700 with respect to drivers you need to turn it on before windows boots, boot to the desk top, then turn on other devices that may have drivers before you open Sonar. If the VS100 driver isn't active while windows is loading, windows will choose another driver that is available.

Craig DuBuc
    codamedia
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1185
    Re:Starting to get problems 2011/02/06 07:47:53 (permalink)
    I have the VS-100 and run into those issues at times too, but only when I forget to turn on the VS-100. If Sonar (both 8.5 and X1) load without the device on - it loses all the settings for the control surface and sometimes even the device driver. It happened again just yesterday, and took me a few reboots and settings changes to get it right again.

That was certainly user error because I didn't have the device turned on, and you seem to be suggesting the device is on when it gets lost. If this is the case, I'd look to a connection problem (usb cable, windows putting it to sleep, etc...).

Are you using Asio? Do you have more than one audio device in the system? If so - keep in mind Asio can only load drivers for one device and once that's loaded, the next device goes without a driver.

Have you updated the VS-100 drivers to version 2, and firmware to 1.5? This shouldn't be mandatory (old drivers should still work fine) but if you are having problems, now might be a good time to try updating those. Both firmware and driver need to be done at the same time - they go hand in hand.

I'm just tossing a few possible problems/solutions out there to look into.
    Good luck, I know it can be frustrating.
    post edited by codamedia - 2011/02/06 07:49:38

Don't fix it in the mix ... Fix it in the take! 

Desktop: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit , ASUS MB w/Intel Chipset, INTEL Q9300 Quad Core, 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, ATI 5450 Video
    Laptop: Windows 7 Pro, i5, 8 Gig Ram
    Hardware: Presonus FP10 (Firepod), FaderPort, M-Audio Axiom 49, Mackie 1202 VLZ, POD X3 Live, Variax 600, etc... etc...
    twisted6s
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2001
    Re:Starting to get problems 2011/02/06 07:52:20 (permalink)
    do you have the X1a update with the hotfix?

Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0 ghz processor, 8 gig ram, 2.5Tb drives, Sonar Platinum, Lynx L22, FMR Audio RNP & RNC, Mackie HR824, Neumann tlm 103, Window 10 64
    https://soundcloud.com/twisted6s/sets/tony-pruden

micklamm
    Re:Starting to get problems 2011/02/06 13:55:35 (permalink)
    Hey. I tried the things you guys suggested and it seems to be working fine. Thanks so much.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1