A MESSAGE TO CAKE PERSONAL ,SONAR X1 PROBLEMS, IF ANYONE CAN HEL ME...

Author
carlosagm79
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 301
2011/02/07 00:39:12 (permalink)

A MESSAGE TO CAKE PERSONAL ,SONAR X1 PROBLEMS, IF ANYONE CAN HEL ME...

-YOU CANNOT SELECT CLIPS WITH THE NEW SELECT TOOL IF THE CLIP BEGGING IS SLICED
-DOUBLE CLIP THE PIANO ROLL (OR WHATEVER EDIT WINDOWS) DOES NOT APPEAR THE CORRESPONDENT WINDOW
-CONTROL SELECT MULTIPLE TRACK DOES NOT WORK ANY MORE (OK,JUST FROM THE TRACK NUMBER)
-DRAGGING AND SELECTING ,WITH THE SMART TOOL, SELECT THINGS ERRONEOUSLY ALL THE TIME, LETS SAY THERE IS 2 CLIPS DRAGGED OVER, IT SELECTS JUST ONE
-I NEVER UNDERSTAND, WHY IF IM WORKING WITH A MIDI TRACK, LETS SAY CHANNEL NUMBER 7 , THE VOLUME ENVELOPE THATS APPEAR BY DEFAULT IS CHANNEL 1?? NOW ITS NOT BETTER, WHEN I SELECT EDIT AUTOMATION ,VOLUME OR WHATEVER, BY DEFAULT ALWAYS SAYS CHANNEL 1, THE FUNNY THING, ITS WORK ON THE REAL CHANNEL
- THERE IS SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH SAOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY CARDS AND SOUNDFONT INSTRUMENTS WHEN EDITING NRPN, SOMETIMES APPEARS AS A MIDI EDITABLE VALUE , SOMETIMES NOT
- USED TO BE A SONAR VERSION IN WISH WAS EASY TO SEE ALL YOUR TRACKS(20 OR 30) AND THE MOST IMPORTANT DATA ON TRACK PANE ON THE LEFT, LIKE VOL, PAN, MSR,METERS AND FX IN A 14 INCH MONITOR, NOW THATS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!! , IT WAS SO EASY TO EDIT AND MIX THOSE DAYS, THIS IS NOT GARAGE BAND WITH LOTS OF STUPID ICONS(I KNOW YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE WHAT TO SHOW OR NOT, BUT IM NEVER HAPPY ANYMORE, EVEN THE METERS PEAK OCCUPIES STUPIDLY TOO MUCH SPACE!), I NEED TO HAVE AN OVERALL IDEA OF WHAT IM DOING WITHOUT THE NEED TO SWITCH TO ANOTHER WINDOWS ALL THE TIME TO SELECT PORTS OR MIX, WHATEVER, ALSO YOU SHOULD ADD A DISPLACEMENT BAR AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LEFT MAIN WINDOW.

8 Replies Related Threads

Keebo
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 576
    Re:A MESSAGE TO CAKE PERSONAL ,SONAR X1 PROBLEMS, IF ANYONE CAN HEL ME... 2011/02/07 00:51:51 (permalink)
    There are a few bugs and there are a few concerns regarding the new workflow.

And besides your obvious venting, what was your question(s)?

System specs, previous versions, etc.?

Sonar X2 Producer 64 bit
    Sonar X1 Producer Expanded 64 bit
    Sonar 8.5.3 Producer 32/64 bit
    Windows 7 64 bit
    siris1977
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 187
    Re:A MESSAGE TO CAKE PERSONAL ,SONAR X1 PROBLEMS, IF ANYONE CAN HEL ME... 2011/02/07 01:38:46 (permalink)
    proofreading wouldn't hurt either

Phenom Quad core,  8gb ram, 3.5tb of Fine Music Storage Vault Under Armed Guard w/ UAV support (air-hog chopper), set of MA-15D, Delta 10-10 pci w/interface, m-box 3 pro, projectmix I/O, Metal Pop Filters, Two SKB cases Full of Suck Removal Buttons, Cedar Walls, Stripper Pole (helps with mastering & block priceing) more stuff i'm to lazy to add. ;)
    P.S. good Memory foam is freakin awesome. 
    carlosagm79
    Re:A MESSAGE TO CAKE PERSONAL ,SONAR X1 PROBLEMS, IF ANYONE CAN HEL ME... 2011/02/07 02:08:03 (permalink)
    these are some of my problems:
    -DOUBLE CLIP THE PIANO ROLL (OR WHATEVER EDIT WINDOWS) DOES NOT APPEAR THE CORRESPONDENT WINDOW
    -CONTROL SELECT MULTIPLE TRACK DOES NOT WORK ANY MORE (OK,JUST FROM THE TRACK NUMBER)
    -DRAGGING AND SELECTING ,WITH THE SMART TOOL, SELECT THINGS ERRONEOUSLY ALL THE TIME, LETS SAY THERE IS 2 CLIPS DRAGGED OVER, IT SELECTS JUST ONE
    -I NEVER UNDERSTAND, WHY IF IM WORKING WITH A MIDI TRACK, LETS SAY CHANNEL NUMBER 7 , THE VOLUME ENVELOPE THATS APPEAR BY DEFAULT IS CHANNEL 1?? NOW ITS NOT BETTER, WHEN I SELECT EDIT AUTOMATION ,VOLUME OR WHATEVER, BY DEFAULT ALWAYS SAYS CHANNEL 1, THE FUNNY THING, ITS WORK ON THE REAL CHANNEL

please tell me your workarounds, I can not believe this does not happen to others
    because I been testing some many system and configurations and always the same, I use a P4 3000 GHZ ,2 GIG RAM, 160 seagate HD,DIGI 001, Tascam US-224 and Audigy for soundfonts
    carlosagm79
    Re:A MESSAGE TO CAKE PERSONAL ,SONAR X1 PROBLEMS, IF ANYONE CAN HEL ME... 2011/02/07 02:09:03 (permalink)
    these are some of my problems:

please tell me your workarounds, I can not believe this does not happen to others
    because I been testing some many system and configurations and always the same, I use a P4 3000 GHZ ,2 GIG RAM, 160 seagate HD,DIGI 001, Tascam US-224 and Audigy for soundfonts
    Bub
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7196
    Re:A MESSAGE TO CAKE PERSONAL ,SONAR X1 PROBLEMS, IF ANYONE CAN HEL ME... 2011/02/07 02:34:53 (permalink)
    Hi Carl,

Most of the problems you described are known bugs in X1 that others have seen as well. There is a patch that is due to be released by the end of March that may or may not address all of your problems. There has been no solid details announced regarding what the patch will fix.

I wish I had better news for you.

Bub

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    carlosagm79
    Re:A MESSAGE TO CAKE PERSONAL ,SONAR X1 PROBLEMS, IF ANYONE CAN HEL ME... 2011/02/07 03:18:11 (permalink)
    Thanks, I been working with cakewalk since version Pro audio 7...
    well Im happy to know thats those problems are reported, i also  want to let know the problem with the soundfonts NRPN and a more ergonomic main window
    anniedog
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 117
    Re:A MESSAGE TO CAKE PERSONAL ,SONAR X1 PROBLEMS, IF ANYONE CAN HEL ME... 2011/02/07 03:43:16 (permalink)
    Having lots of the same issues and more. I wil wait until the new patch, if problems not fixed I will evaluate other Daws and intrerfaces . Anyone  looking for vs 700 cheap?  I can't afford the down time and crashes anymore. I want a stable daw, no exuses. It is begining to seem like a shell game . which button is the crash cause under . and it changes all the time. Mid timeing seem fine and on saving and re opening is screwed. Midi noted randomly dropped. "sonar 1"  appears out of know where in my project. screen navigation is a joke.
    Frustrated, behind in my work, disapointed in CAKE WALK  .. not suprised by Roland.

i7 930  win 7  64  pro  x1 a       12 gigs DDr3 Ram   On my last nerve
    carlosagm79
    Re:A MESSAGE TO CAKE PERSONAL ,SONAR X1 PROBLEMS, IF ANYONE CAN HEL ME... 2011/02/07 04:48:43 (permalink)
    I found good things in the new X1 version, its more stable and less hungry for resources, no real problematic crashes for me,and the main tool bar/transport is great..
    Its just that (+ the stupid bugs)its not a real single window editing system, have  a lot of docks and tabs, interchangeable buttons, half screen windows..WTF!!! , and thats is not what most people want...
    I still prefer a main window where you can find all the mains tools ,a real overview of your mix ,a dispay of all your events without the need to change to another views (except for specific or detailing things )
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1