Dimension pitch control

Author
jwintermute
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 33
2011/02/07 05:48:38 (permalink)

Dimension pitch control

Hi all,

I'm using Sampletank in a track and it's slightly out-of-tune with the other instruments, by a few cents, but noticable. I can't change the pitch of SampleTank as it affects the sample length. So I thought I'd just adjust the pitch of the other instruments, but try as I might I can't find a pitch knob on Dimension Pro. Any ideas?

I did try using the MIDI pitch shifter but it isn't fine enough. I can shift the D Pro pitch to what I want using  the pitch wheel but I don't think that's the best way.

I did also try a free pitch shifter VST effect on the SampleTank and that works but the quality isn't great. I'm not sure if V-Vocal can help there, but that's another topic ... 

Many thanks, John

3 Replies Related Threads

techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    Re:Dimension pitch control 2011/02/07 21:06:08 (permalink)
    In Dimension Pro, you can control the pitch tuning using the "tune" value field.  It can move the tuning up and down in units of cents.  Click on the control and use pageup/pagedown or arrowup/arrowdown or the mouse wheel to change the value.  The value is located in a group of global settings just below the program selector in a panel the upper-left of the Dimension Pro program.
    jwintermute
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 33
    Re:Dimension pitch control 2011/02/08 14:05:36 (permalink)
    Thanks Bob - I see the control you mean. That is for each element, so I suppose I could go through each one and change the value. 

I'm puzzled why there's no global "Tune" button on a synth of this calibre. 

Anyway it's proving to be too much hassle. I'll use other synths and give D-Pro a miss for this arrangement. 

Thanks anyway!
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    Re:Dimension pitch control 2011/02/10 21:02:35 (permalink)
    Sorry, its not global, it is per element as you said.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1