Setting up pc for optimum sonar performance

Author
leumasstudios
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2011/02/08 20:54:15 (permalink)

Setting up pc for optimum sonar performance

Hey everyone, I've been using sonar for a couple of years now , and about 6 months ago I purchased a new computer (Acer aspire M5811. i5 3.20GHz  8gb ram   64bit  windows 7 home premium) and sonar 8.5 producer edition! Before I installed 8.5 I had Sonar 6 power studio installed, and had nothing but problems with getting it to run on my computer. (it worked amazingly on my older computer) I thought 8.5 might fix these problems but sonar still crashes alot! Some of my bigger projects won't even open in normal mode,I have to open them in safe mode and click yes to each individual plugin just so sonar doesn't crash... I'm using an sps-25 interface with the latest 64 bit windows 7 drivers.  I have had enough of it, as it looks quite unprofessional when I have clients in recording and sonar will crash on me (lucky I have it autosaving every 5 minutes or so)
So I thought it might be best to completely reinstall windows and sonar 8.5 (yes I have also updated 8.5) And I was hoping someone could either help me in the best way to set up my computer to run sonar without any problems from a fresh install with the bare minimum installed so nothing conflicts with sonar, or if I have missed a guide somewhere that has already been posted then that would be a huge help also! Hopefully this is the right part of the forum as well! I hope someone can help me fairly quickly as I don't want to dislike sonar, as I have loved it in the past!
Thanks guys

1 Reply Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:Setting up pc for optimum sonar performance 2011/02/10 19:30:02 (permalink)
    well your using the latest drivers hopefully and

http://www.cakewalk.com/S...kb/reader.aspx/2005308

basically goes thru it.  install it WITHOUT the unit plugged in firstly.

as for your settings, well thats within sonar, you may need to play with them a bit.e.g. latency , increase buffers

there is no set setup really, as we all do different things , have different requirements of what we want sonar and our hardware to do

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1