Ground Phase - Aussie Band - First 3 Demos

Author
groundphase
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2011/02/09 07:49:53 (permalink)

Ground Phase - Aussie Band - First 3 Demos

Hello all.

A couple of guys have got together, called themselves Ground Phase and started recording some demos.

There are 3 currently with a 4th being worked on as we speak.

If you feel like listening to some Rock / Soft Rock please have a look at www.reverbnation.com/groundphase

Thanks.
post edited by groundphase - 2011/02/09 19:27:33

7 Replies Related Threads

groundphase
    Re:Ground Phase - First 3 Demos 2011/02/09 19:25:02 (permalink)
    Oh, as a side note we are from Adelaide in Australia
    danbob
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 143
    Re:Ground Phase - First 3 Demos 2011/02/09 20:11:39 (permalink)
    Cool.  I listened to a bit of Sad Man and Rewire me.  I like what you guys are doing.  

How are you getting what you recorded into a final track?  Mixing it yourselves on Sonar?  I reckon you could pick up lots of good tips from  here on how to get them sounding even better - in Rewire Me, for example, you could play around with the balance of guitars and how they fitted with the kit and the vox -- it might open up the song a bit and let us hear all the instruments.  

Good luck.

groundphase
    Re:Ground Phase - First 3 Demos 2011/02/09 21:09:13 (permalink)
    Thanks for listening.

Yes self mixing. Definintely intend to pick up as may tips as we can to help us. Very much learning as we go.

Thanks again
    groundphase
    Re:Ground Phase - First 3 Demos 2011/02/13 18:20:01 (permalink)
    Hi guys. I notice this thread has been read a few times. Anyone have any comments or feedback for us to help us improve? Yes, we are needy.
    thepogue
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2458
    Re:Ground Phase - First 3 Demos 2011/02/13 18:45:00 (permalink)
    Nice stuff guys..I enjoyed it
    giankap
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 387
    Re:Ground Phase - First 3 Demos 2011/02/13 18:52:49 (permalink)
    In the order I've listened to them:

1. Heaven: Nice tune, nice sound. a few observations:
    a] in the intro there is a synth or pad or something which introduces a melody but has no life. this instrument comes again after the end of verse 1.
    b] the high hat is moving in the pan zone. i don't get it
    c] i'd prefer if the snare would be more "in your face" with a short and tight slap back delay.
    d] everything else agrees with me

2. Sad man: everything sounds great except the fake strings. I like very much the stereo field created by the acoustic guitars. Again i'd use a little bit more powerful snare.

3. Nice tune. but i think you are trying to much to achieve the perfect balance which affects the dramatic part of the music. What do I mean?
    a] the rhythm guitars are great but because they are playing from the beginning till the end, after a while you forget they exist. you shoud try more variations of less playing in some moments
    b] again the snare is lost in the second and 4th beat because the bass drum covers it
    c] I'd put much stronger the lead guitar and leav it in this level. even if it plays while you have vocals and you might lose the perfect balance, it will bring more vividness to the track. Don't be afraid to geta out of balance sometimes, even if it is for a few moments!
    d] when the ride bell comes in the end, try to overcompress it, add some dirt to it. it's the end of the song and things should get hotter and hotter!

Overall, I'm impressed, keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!!!

sincerely,

Ioannis

Windows - some Dual Core CPU - a little bit of RAM - not so bad soundcard - i think it's called Sonar - a silver mixer with colorful knobs - black speaker monitors - my ears

some work
    groundphase
    Re:Ground Phase - First 3 Demos 2011/02/13 19:25:46 (permalink)
    To the Pogue, thanks for listening, we appreciate that, and of course glad you enjoyed it.

@ giankap, sincere thanks for the detailed feedback. Absolutely appreciate you're thoughts and of course thanks for taking the time to listen.

We are working on a 4th track at the moment so will try to incorporate the feedback into that mix.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1