Adding S/PDIF Connection Invalidates Previous Work?

Author
newcountrybass
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/02/11 00:28:17 (permalink)

Adding S/PDIF Connection Invalidates Previous Work?

Hi Y'all -

Long time listener, first time caller ...

I've done a couple of recording / mixing projects on X1 through my M-Audio Fast Track Pro interface using the Channel 1/2 XLR connections.  Recently, I added an ART Digital MPA II to my rig, so I changed the M-Audio driver to include (activate) the S/PDIF connection.  When I return to my old projects, I get an incompatability error regarding the driver.  But new projects work fine.

If I deactivate the S/PDIF configuration in the driver, and SHAZAM, the old projects work fine.  Is there some setting in the old projects I need to change to make them compatable with S/PDIF?  Does it have something to do the clock?

One other thing ... I am looking for recommendations on a multi-channel A/D interface device as we are now looking at sessions with multiple musicians.

Thanks - Tom

4 Replies Related Threads

Psychobillybob
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 882
    Re:Adding S/PDIF Connection Invalidates Previous Work? 2011/02/11 00:46:20 (permalink)
    Last question first, best QUALITY bang for buck is Lynx audio stuff.

if you are getting incompatability issues with the spdif then yes it is doing your clocking to/from a different source than older projects thru the spdif, check to see if the hardware is set to send receive thru spdif and reset that.

Haven't used m-audio stuff since digi bought those guys so cannot say where the settings need to be reworked, if possible set everything to a master clock source somewhere and hope it doesn't change.

I'm using SOnar Platinium on a 6 core Lynx Audio machine and a ton of vintage pre-amps/eq's/comps I build for fun and sometimes money, REDD.47/API/Neve I also use the UAD stuff, and also use a Macbook Logic 9 through Apogee...
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:Adding S/PDIF Connection Invalidates Previous Work? 2011/02/11 10:26:37 (permalink)
    Tom I had issues with a 1010LT and another SPDIF item locking.. are you getting it to do that even ? there should be a thing within m-audio panel stating wether it's in sync.. I couldn't get it to sync.. so just used analog.

also both are the same bitrate / 44.1 ? or 48?

donbelisle
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 245
    Re:Adding S/PDIF Connection Invalidates Previous Work? 2011/02/11 11:42:03 (permalink)
    I use a fast track ultra from M-audio. I must boot with external clock present and "do not remove it" when X1 is running, otherwise it is the BSOD.
     Win 7 drivers need updated from M-audio, the SPDIF IO work well under XP pro SP3, but I cannot use SPDIF in 32-64 bit Win 7 yet.
    X1 doesn`t like losing the SPDIF clock input.

Don Belisle
    Sonar 8.5.3, X1a, Motu ultralite III, M-audio fast track ultra, dynaudio monitors, XP pro sp3, 32 bit, Win 7 32-64 bit.
    newcountrybass
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Adding S/PDIF Connection Invalidates Previous Work? 2011/02/11 22:05:17 (permalink)
    If I disconnect the S/PDIF and use analog, all is well.  And I am having some problems with the bit rate; it keeps reseting to 48.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1