Plugin not showing in 8.5PE

Author
collisionmac
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 28
2011/02/11 09:53:19 (permalink)

Plugin not showing in 8.5PE

Hi ladies and gents.

Anyone know why the plugin "milli vinylly" doesn't show up in my 8.5PE? I've done everything i can think of and it's the only plugin i have that doesn't show up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

7 Replies Related Threads

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re:Plugin not showing in 8.5PE 2011/02/11 10:08:51 (permalink)
    What is your OS, are you running in 64 or 32 bits? What means "I've done everything I can think of"? Years on the forums have tought me that sometimes it means just chewing fingernails.

So you've made sure that the VST is in a folder that is scanned by Plugin Manager?

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    collisionmac
    Re:Plugin not showing in 8.5PE 2011/02/11 11:26:12 (permalink)
    Thank you for the reply.

I'm running 32bit xp pro. By everything i could think of i meant uninstall, re-install, moving to different folders etc. A few years behind a console taught me not to head straight for chewing fingernails. And yes, it is in my shared vst folder where most of my other plugins are that do show up, but this specific plugin does not show up in Sonar.
    post edited by collisionmac - 2011/02/11 11:31:21
    Rothchild
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1479
    Re:Plugin not showing in 8.5PE 2011/02/11 12:31:34 (permalink)
    Don't have the answer right now but I love Deelay and didn't realise what a great little arsenal of sonic destruction they provide so I'm gonna install me a few tonight and I'll let you know.

Coupla things to check;

did you 're-scan' your vst folder after installation? (I have to do mine manually as I've turned of 'scan at boot' so that Sonar fires up more quickly) 

Is it that you're using a custom plugin menu and the plug needs to be added from the left hand pane of the plugin manager in to your menu so you can see it when you click in an fx bin?

Child

Rothchild
    Re:Plugin not showing in 8.5PE 2011/02/11 15:03:26 (permalink)
    Worked first time here. 8.5.3 on Win7 - 32bit

Placed .dll in my 'dirt testing' folder within my vstplugins folder,

opened Sonar, right clicked an fx bin and went audiofx / plugin layouts / manage plugin layouts (this opened the plugin manager),

hit 'scan vst plug-ins' (in the vst configuration area bottom middle),

selected VST audio effects in the left hand pane, went down to m in the middle pane (plug was there) added it to the relevant folder in my default plug in menu layout,

clicked close and allowed it to oversave my default layout (ie keep the layout but with the addition of new plug).

Right click fx bin, insert plug, have vinyl noise.....

I'm hoping you've missed one of these stages?

Good luck!

Child
    collisionmac
    Re:Plugin not showing in 8.5PE 2011/02/11 15:16:17 (permalink)
    Thanks Rothchild!

I am using a custom layout but don't see the particular plugin in the left pane to be able to add it to my layout. I'm going to re-install again and rescan and see what happens.

Thanks again for the reply.
    Rothchild
    Re:Plugin not showing in 8.5PE 2011/02/11 17:46:20 (permalink)
    No worries,

Once you've scanned it's three steps. The left hand pane is just a filter for what you're looking at in the middle pane. Because this is a vst audio fx you need to select that in the left hand pane. The middle pane then show all the vstfx found by the scan. Select the vst and, in the right hand pane. open the folder you would like it in in your layout tree then hit add plugin.

One thing I didn't mention (which is possibly the only other thing to try is that under VST Configuration you have an 'Options' button which allows you to define the path that is scanned by the plugin manager. Double check that the folder you have the plug in in is covered by this path. (Like I mentioned I have mine in a subfolder of C:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins this is the only path I have listed as the the scan works recursively from there, so my 'dirt testing' subfolder gets scanned too.)

You'll be in scratchy vinyl heaven soon ;-)

Child
    collisionmac
    Re:Plugin not showing in 8.5PE 2011/02/11 18:18:17 (permalink)
    Thanks man, i really do appreciate the help. I'll check it out tonight..

*EDIT: Worked perfectly! Don't really know why it never showed up in the middel pane but rescanned(again) and it showed up.
    post edited by collisionmac - 2011/02/12 13:59:50
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1