just another onionhead, how to line up tracks

Author
jeffoweffo
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2011/02/11 14:29:11 (permalink)

just another onionhead, how to line up tracks

Good morning,
 I know this is really simple, but this happened to me on occasion on all of my guitar tracks ( all versions) up until I got the Sonar ( because GT doesnt work on my newlaptop with 64 bit) so here's my question and I apologize for this ....  How come when I record ( just sometimes) the tracks don't line up? I record or lay down a drum track ( just figured out how to do that.. YaY) then my next track which I play along with perfectly, is like a milli second off during playback?????? I've deleted the same track I keep laying down time and again because the playback is not the same..
 Puhleeeeeeeeze help my get over my frustration...... Once again , I apologige for being such a pinhead...  just play occasionally.... 
   Thank you all!!! jeffo

6 Replies Related Threads

Kroneborge
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1300
    Re:just another onionhead, how to line up tracks 2011/02/11 15:03:57 (permalink)
    I would assume this is from latency when recording.  Have you tried nudging the other track foward?

Mathew

Hip Hop
    http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=213418

BreakBeats
    http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=219099

i7 12 gb ram, Komplete 5, Izotope Ozone & Stutter, Symphonic Orchestra Plat.

Crush
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 138
    Re:just another onionhead, how to line up tracks 2011/02/11 15:05:36 (permalink)
    If there was a video available it would have solved his problem.
    Bub
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7196
    Re:just another onionhead, how to line up tracks 2011/02/11 15:15:57 (permalink)
    It's one of two things. 1. You're using a Sound Blaster card or 2. You need to manually adjust your Record Latency Adjustment.

It's it's 1., there's not a lot you can do. If it's 2., see below ...

Quite some time ago I created a CWB file with a sound sample and tutorial on how to perform the Record Latency Adjustment. I made this file with Sonar 8.5PE. If you have trouble opening the file, hold shift then open it.

Click here.

Hope this helps.

Bub.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re:just another onionhead, how to line up tracks 2011/02/11 15:19:43 (permalink)
    Crush

If there was a video available it would have solved his problem.

How??? Funny assumption.

To OP:
    Welcome to the forum.
     What soundcard and drivers are you using? What's your latency set to?

No need to delete the track if it''s a nice take. Just nudge it to correct place.

If you have a soundcard that supports ASIO, use the newest ASIO drivers for it. If it doesn't support ASIO, try the free ASIO4ALL.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    jeffoweffo
    Re:just another onionhead, how to line up tracks 2011/02/11 15:36:05 (permalink)
    thanks for the quick input. Wouldn't this happen all the time if the latency was off or whatever it is? I maxed out the latency on my last compooter but if I remember that helped me on dropouts. I'm sorry, I don't even know what latency does...? Also, as to moving it, the track I was doing this morning, the metronome lined up with the drum track I placed in there. When I recorded my guitar to the metronome on recording....... , but on play back, it was off...... hmmmmm , could it be because I have the metronome on play even when not recording and recording?  I hope I'm not insulting any of you since I just don't know. I'm just a weekend , put down some stuff for fun guy, so I hope I'm not wasting your time.
    Can I upload a track or two for you guys to listen to and let me know what you think? don't see a place to attach here.
     thanks again, jeffro
    jeffoweffo
    Re:just another onionhead, how to line up tracks 2011/02/11 15:45:37 (permalink)
    it says ATI HDMI audio along with my line 6 UX2 interface which I've used for years and realtek high definition audio. it's a toshiba laptop with AMD turion II p540 dual core processor 2.40 ghz with 4 gb ram.. is that enough for a home skillet rookie?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1