OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle

Author
rockinrobby
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1265
2011/02/16 18:03:07 (permalink)

OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle

Some of you know about this. I've been fighting a legal battle for 26 months. I was accused falsely by my ex of "threatening" my son because I joked with him on a phone call that I was going to hang him upside down by his feet and beat him with a belt, and then I laughed and he laughed because he knows I don't spank him, and it's just a joke I played with him.

His mother was recording the conversation, and called 911, and had me arrested. Then filed for full custody and an increase in child support over the 1,400 dollars a month she currently receives. I could not see my son for 10 months. Couldn't even talk to him for 4... The criminal case was dismissed/never went to trial, however, that was "15 thousand dollars" for the attorneys, the same ones who got Ray Louis off when he stabbed that guy in Atlanta?

Then she lost the full custody battle, and the child support increase. However, I've had supervised visitation for a year and a half... Which severely limited the time I could spend with my son.

Today, on the last hour, of the last day, before our court date tomorrow AM, they agreed to normal unsupervised overnight visitation because that's what the judge was going to rule based on reports from the psychologists involved. 

My only child/son
26 months...
70,000 dollars total...
25% of my young son's life...

Finally ends tomorrow AM when I get the signed document from the court.

I would not recommend standing next to this woman in an electrical storm... 

http://www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

Evil lurks here among us again... "Beware."

25 Replies Related Threads

Janet
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/16 18:10:37 (permalink)

I guess that means no more scary songs like "Missing Person" anymore too? 
    SteveStrummerUK
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/17 07:30:21 (permalink)

I'm really pleased for you Robby

Make the most of every second you spend with your son - he's lucky to have a dad like you.

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

chuckebaby
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/17 08:27:08 (permalink)
    congrads to you..ive gone through this myself,and things work out..ive had full custody now for over two years..so you never know whats going to happen.maybe somewhere down the line you will also..not sure why the courts look at dads as the second parent?..its unfair..rules have got to change..but luckly they are slowly but surely

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/17 08:51:03 (permalink)
    Is there a song in this somewhere?

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    dlogan
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2544
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/17 09:04:50 (permalink)
    I'm happy for you Robby - I know this isn't something where you just flip the switch, put the past behind you and just move on. It will take a while and I'm sure in ways this experience you've been through will always affect you. But hopefully this is where the healing begins.

radio
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2782
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/17 09:39:59 (permalink)
    Guitarhacker

Is there a song in this somewhere?

Could be the song "HERE COME'S THE JUDGE "

philz
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2462
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 00:20:29 (permalink)
    Glad to hear about the positive outcome, Robby.  Treasure the moment and all those to come.
    rockinrobby
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 00:25:00 (permalink)
    Yeah man :-) I was in court today... Getting the signed and stamped paperwork :-) Next Friday I pick him up from school and bring him back to his mother Sunday at 6:00 :-) We're going to have a good time! We're going to ride bikes, frizbee golf, bowl, play tennis :-) Video games, Jinga, build a lego fighter, and THAT is just SATURDAY! :-)

RobertB
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 00:40:43 (permalink)
    Congrats, Robby.
    Yeah, that stuff gets messy, and as flawed as the system is, it's about the kids.
    Hope you guys have a great time.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Bub
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7196
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 01:41:19 (permalink)
    Janet

I guess that means no more scary songs like "Missing Person" anymore too?
    You know how to hurt a guy when he's down Janet!

LOL!

Whew! And I thought I was the king of one liners. I bow before thee m' lady.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    rockinrobby
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 01:45:23 (permalink)
    Yeah, see the thing is? The song "was evidence..." In a criminal trial? And a civil one... She alleged that when she heard me tell my son that I recorded a song called "Missing Person?" That she became so worried that I was going to make HER a missing person? She left her condo and went and stayed with friends... Hand to to God! It's in the police report. This in spite of the fact that I never raised a hand to the woman, or any other woman? I'm telling you, "she's insane..."

Bub
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 02:16:11 (permalink)
    Is your ex-wife's name Jody by chance? LOL! This is sounding all too familiar.

I had this super long email typed, chock full of advice for you, but I decided to delete it because it was TMPI.

Here's the condensed version ...

I have every conversation I ever had with my daughter and ex-wife since I left 11 years ago recorded. If I didn't have those recordings I wouldn't be here right now talking to you.

Be afraid Robby. Be very afraid. Don't trust your son, your ex-wife, the authorities, ANYBODY. Get it? She's going to screw with you until the day you die. The second your son goes back home she's going to probe him for every thing she can get out of him and twist it around in his head until he actually believes what she tells him happened, happened.

It doesn't matter what you say or do, once an accusation is made, you are screwed with a capital F. Fortunately my x was ignorant enough to take detailed "notes" and when they didn't coincide with the actual "audio" recordings of her own voice, she was sent packing with her tail between her hind legs.

I don't know you, you do what you want, but I'm telling you this is not going to turn out good for you. Consider having a non-involved third party witness stay with you while he's visiting.

Bub.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    rockinrobby
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 02:36:48 (permalink)
    Oh believe me :-) I know the drill... I used to be much more of a loose canon? 
    And let's face it? It's my personality? But I am "by the book" with that woman...

And I record things, and I take videos, and I have witnesses... 

I love my son, and he loves me. And in the end, that is what has prevailed... 
    None of my accusations were of a sexual nature, or related to molestation in any way, but regardless, 
    when a man is falsely accused in a custody battle?  He is assumed to be in the wrong "going in..."

The fact that we have external plumbing is enough...  And it's unfortunate, so sad that cases aren't looked 
    at on a case by case basis, considering the facts. 

They naturally assume, OK, that's the mother? She must be right?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bad idea...

post edited by rockinrobby - 2011/02/18 02:42:37

droddey
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5147
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 02:48:21 (permalink)
    This kind of thing sort of makes me feel better about the fact that no woman would ever sleep with me.

Dean Roddey
    Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems
    www.charmedquark.com
    rockinrobby
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 03:18:02 (permalink)
    Yeah, I've learned better too... I no longer wear 3 socks out in public? 

Janet
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 07:07:11 (permalink)
    At least you didn't get jail time for the mix of Missing Person.

chuckebaby
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 07:15:17 (permalink)
    Bub

Is your ex-wife's name Jody by chance? LOL! This is sounding all too familiar.

I had this super long email typed, chock full of advice for you, but I decided to delete it because it was TMPI.

Here's the condensed version ...

I have every conversation I ever had with my daughter and ex-wife since I left 11 years ago recorded. If I didn't have those recordings I wouldn't be here right now talking to you.

Be afraid Robby. Be very afraid. Don't trust your son, your ex-wife, the authorities, ANYBODY. Get it? She's going to screw with you until the day you die. The second your son goes back home she's going to probe him for every thing she can get out of him and twist it around in his head until he actually believes what she tells him happened, happened.

It doesn't matter what you say or do, once an accusation is made, you are screwed with a capital F. Fortunately my x was ignorant enough to take detailed "notes" and when they didn't coincide with the actual "audio" recordings of her own voice, she was sent packing with her tail between her hind legs.

I don't know you, you do what you want, but I'm telling you this is not going to turn out good for you. Consider having a non-involved third party witness stay with you while he's visiting.

Bub.

this is a great post bud..as someone whos been there before also...this post comes highly recomended..seriously..im very impressed..i guess when were upstairs we dont really get to see who the real "us" are?..nice to come down here and get to see who some of you really are..but as for you bud...great post..im with you a 100 percent on this.

Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB

Bub
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 09:39:59 (permalink)
    Janet

Thank God he didn't write 'I Used To Love Her, But I Had To Kill Her'.

dlogan
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2544
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 09:40:31 (permalink)
    Janet

Good thing YoYo isn't a cop!!
    Bub
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 09:52:33 (permalink)
    chuckebaby

i guess when were upstairs we dont really get to see who the real "us" are?..nice to come down here and get to see who some of you really are..but as for you bud...great post..im with you a 100 percent on this.
    I think everyone goes through this to some extent when they get divorced, well, at least men do. Women are wicked by nature when scorn. Men just like to move on, and the ones who don't end up writing songs like Missing Person. Doh! j/k. ;) My x had a reputation for this kind of behavior before I met her, and continued to do so long after we split so I've heard, so it's my own fault. I should have known better than to got involved with someone like that in the first place. But hey, I was 19 and nobody could tell me anything. :)

As for what you said about upstairs, nah, I disagree with you. There's been some doozy's told up there. Did you see the drunk stories thread, or the one of that guy who's ex showed up out of the blue one day and told him he had a 1 year old he didn't know about? HEHE! Very entertaining! :) I gave him the same advice as I gave Robby, "RUN FOREST RUN!" :)

chuckebaby
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 11:18:24 (permalink)
    yea bud..i was told the same too..i could see what she was like before we started getting serious..but as u said..no ones telling me when im 19..i just dont understand why i didnt see the red flag and get out sooner.but sometimes in life we have to go through the crap to get to the gold..and im so lucky life turned out as it did for i would have never met my wife now.youve heard.."everything happens for a REASON"but did you ever believe it?..its true...im really enjoying this forum..get a little theropy along with some good daw advice...lol

Janet
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 14:20:14 (permalink)
    dlogan

Janet

Good thing YoYo isn't a cop!!

No kidding!  :-)
    vechung
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 818
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/18 14:53:28 (permalink)
    Glad that things work out for you, even though painfully.  I have learn to look at every bad experience as a learning moment, so hopefully, next time, we will do it better.

Cheers!

http://www.soundclick.com/vicentechung
    https://soundcloud.com/thefoundandthelost

Vicente 

Sonar Platinum, Live 10, Motu 828, Ozone 7
    Philip
    Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4062
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/22 01:38:03 (permalink)
    In marriage there are 2 sides to every story.  In families, there are multiple sides, IMHO.

I've seen biological fathers get crucified by greedy judges and ad-litems, here and in Haiti. 

I received a letter from the AL state bar stating "Such and such a lawyer surrendered his license due to the complaint written against that lawyer"

Being shamed/crucified has doubtless been my lot, but I've felt justice in Alabama sometimes results from the father's heart-ache and pain.  As a proud idiot, my crucifictions I've deserved, to be sure. 

I suppose a loving befriending father is a blessed miracle that no law can stop.  And/or, I can think of no greater love.  Perhaps, if I were sane, I'd fear a loving father more than anyone. 

As for child-protective services and psychologists, I suspect their days are numbered ... as our social security administration probably can't afford to finance these court jesters much longer.

Philip  
    (Isa 5:12 And the harp, and the viol, the tabret, and pipe, and wine, are in their feasts: but they regard not the work of the LORD)

Raised-Again 3http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12307501
    evadianepug
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4477
    Re:OT - my son and my custody/visitation battle 2011/02/22 16:24:40 (permalink)
    Only 70 large?  Glad it worked in your favor.  I was very lucky with my divorce (with children involved).  We are still in contact today (she works for my wife)  and the kids know of only a bit of animosity.  I can't imagine your pain going through that deal.  I wonder what her side of the story is.  I probably don't want to know.
    post edited by evadianepug - 2011/02/22 16:30:44

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
    THE PUGTONES
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
    SonarX3
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1