MIDI output to MIDIator card attached to pipe organ

Author
bftate1
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2011/02/20 18:54:14 (permalink)

MIDI output to MIDIator card attached to pipe organ

I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out how I can ask others a question. I am using Pro Audio Version 9. I have it all loaded and can watch and listen to my audio files on my laptop, but I am having a heck of a time figuring out what I need to to to output my files (music) to a MIDIator card that is attached to a pipe organ. I would sure like to find someone who has some experience with this.

1 Reply Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:MIDI output to MIDIator card attached to pipe organ 2011/02/21 09:18:12 (permalink)
    You need to be able to send the midi to a midi device attached to a pipe organ? That sounds cool.

I'm a midi user but all the stuff I do is midi coming in to the computer. It's the same deal going out. The midi card on the organ is set to a channel to receive data, and the computer is sending it.

The channels need to be the same, and you need the correct cable to connect to computer to the midi card on the organ.

Instead of sending the data to a soundcard to convert with a synth, the data is sent to the "soundcard" on the pipe organ and that card does what it needs to do to get the organ to play the notes.

Currently, when you play music on the computer, the midi is going to the computer's sound card. When you plug in the pipe organ's midi card with a cable,  that card should become visible as an output option in your software. Select it.

When you plug the computer in to the midiator card, the computer software should recognize the midi card, and then you set it up as the output in the DAW software. It will act just like an external sound card...if I'm understanding it correctly.

It might take some experimenting but that should work.....

post edited by Guitarhacker - 2011/02/21 09:21:09

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1