SB X-Fi Titanium HD and Sonar 8 asio drivers issue

Author
swjtx99
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2011/02/22 17:48:08 (permalink)

SB X-Fi Titanium HD and Sonar 8 asio drivers issue

Hi,

My question is has anyone gotten Sonar 8 to work with a SoundBlaster X-fi Titanium HD card using the ASIO drivers?

Installed my new SB "HD" card and Sonar will not play through my speakers when I select the ASIO driver.

Why did I get a SB? Well, I needed a dual-use card and only had the RealtekHD on the mobo. This thing won't hardly drive my headphones. The SB seemed like a good choice...

I went to the audio setup and can see the ASIO as a choice but when I select it, I either get a message saying it can't use my device or that it is already in use, or...no message and when I play a track, there is no sound. (haven't even gotten to the recording part yet).

I've been reading a lot on the forums here and some suggest that I should use the 32 bit version of Sonar...

I've tried a lot of different settings and sequences. The SB devices are listed, then they are not, then they change from what I set them to when I go back and look in the Audio options. Sometimes the drivers of the sound card get corrupted and the SB diagnostic has to "fix" 'em.

I got it to work using MME drivers, and I don't recall if I had any luck with the WDM drivers.

Thanks,

swjtx99

7 Replies Related Threads

fireberd
    Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3704
    Re:SB X-Fi Titanium HD and Sonar 8 asio drivers issue 2011/02/22 19:30:00 (permalink)
    I had a problem with a SB Xfi sound card and finally dumped it.  Sonar was detecting the SoundBlaster as the sound device rather than my Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 (firewire ASIO).  Every time I started Sonar (either 8.5.3 or X1) it would default to the SoundBlaster sound card and I would have to manually change to the Saffire Pro 40.

I did try the SB and was able to playback through it and my PC's speakers but never tried recording.

"GCSG Productions"
    Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
    ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
    Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
    Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
    ISRC Registered
    Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
    swjtx99
    Re:SB X-Fi Titanium HD and Sonar 8 asio drivers issue 2011/02/24 22:31:55 (permalink)
    K. Problem solved.....

Guess you're wondering how huh?

In another message somewhere on these forums concering a different version SB card, someone posted this:

Here's the link to the four dll files:

box.net/shared/8loilkeij4

After copying them to your system32 directory, start->run the command:

regsvr32 /s ctasio.dll ctppld.dll ctdproxy.dll ctouser.dll

So, I did that and viola, Sonar 8 works fine after selecting the ASIO drivers. I first uninstalled all the Creative software, installed again from disk, didn't let it update anything and then copied those 4 files to system32 directory (didn't overwrite anything) then ran that command and Poof!

So now I have a good card for my games and listening enjoyment as well as a device I can plug my guitar into to record without latency.

swjtx99

swjtx99
    Re:SB X-Fi Titanium HD and Sonar 8 asio drivers issue 2011/02/27 23:14:01 (permalink)
    Ok, I decided to let creative do it's updates which forces you to update the driver...grrr

Well, I did it and what do you know, it still works! Thought I would really try my luck and upgraded to Sonar X1 and it still works! Also got a message back from creative tech support:

Thank you for writing back on Creative. 
    Yes please be assured that the latest driver for Creative Titanium HD is a 64bit ASIO Driver supported.

You can also try using ASIO for all driver by visiting this website at: www.asio4all.com/

Please retain all the previous correspondence when replying to this email.

Best Regards,

Wendell
    Creative Customer Support Services
    Creative Labs 

post edited by swjtx99 - 2011/02/27 23:16:09
    fireberd
    Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3704
    Re:SB X-Fi Titanium HD and Sonar 8 asio drivers issue 2011/02/28 06:58:01 (permalink)
    I had a problem with ASIO4ALL.  I installed it for a different sound card (not a SoundBlaster) that did not have ASIO.  The sound card worked but it knocked out my regular recording interface device and the only way to get it back was to uninstall ASIO4ALL and then do a complete reinstall of my recording devcie.

"GCSG Productions"
    Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
    ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
    Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
    Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
    ISRC Registered
    Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
    nirvanoa
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re:SB X-Fi Titanium HD and Sonar 8 asio drivers issue 2011/03/15 19:21:13 (permalink)
    swjtx99

Ok, I decided to let creative do it's updates which forces you to update the driver...grrr

Well, I did it and what do you know, it still works! Thought I would really try my luck and upgraded to Sonar X1 and it still works! Also got a message back from creative tech support:

Thank you for writing back on Creative. 
    Yes please be assured that the latest driver for Creative Titanium HD is a 64bit ASIO Driver supported.

You can also try using ASIO for all driver by visiting this website at: www.asio4all.com/

Please retain all the previous correspondence when replying to this email.

++ So does everything still work fine now ? Did you have to use the asio4all drivers at all ?
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:SB X-Fi Titanium HD and Sonar 8 asio drivers issue 2011/03/17 13:11:45 (permalink)
    technically asio4all is not a "driver" it's a WDM wrapper.  in other words it allows the host to use the ASIO driver mode but it wraps the WDM drivers of the soundcard into ASIO mode.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Law Sayer
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:SB X-Fi Titanium HD and Sonar 8 asio drivers issue 2011/04/14 14:33:42 (permalink)
    Hi,

First let me say hello all as this is my first post:)

I have read on many threads on various sites that people have trouble with X-Fi based hardware.
    Having used Win 7 x64 since it went beta i have never had any trouble with my Elite Pro.
    My latency is 7ms wich i find to be more than good enough for what i do and so far i have not had any trouble with my DAW.
    So much so i have since built 3 more DAW's based on my own.

Sonar X1 runs like a dream for me.
    Just like to add if anyone has trouble with X-Fi based kit (aslong as it has the onboard 64MB X-RAM, This has big impact on the card), please do ask for my help/advice.

Laterz

Phenom II Quad @ 3.1Ghz
    Asus M3N Deluxe HT
    8GB DDRII @ 1066Mhz
    2 x GTX 280 BFG GFX
    SandForce Solid state Drive 128Gb (OS+ Software)
    3.5TB storage  (4 HDD's)
    X-Fi Elite Pro
    24" wide LG HD Monitor
    2 x 22" wide LG Monitors
    Win7 x64
    Sonar X1
    Komplet 7
    plus some thats to long to list here
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1