Only Instruments I can hear are Cakewalk TTS-1

Author
jmtitus
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2011/02/22 22:11:55 (permalink)

Only Instruments I can hear are Cakewalk TTS-1

I have Sonar X1Essential installed on my Toshiba Satellite Laptop.  I'm running on Windows 7 Home version.  Everything functions fine and record and play back sound surprisingly great considering the sound card(Conexant CX20671 SmartAudio HD).  Buffers are set at highest setting. 

The issue is the only set of synths that I can hear after inserting is the Cakewalk TTS-1.  All the other sets I can see a signal being processed but no sound.  I'm not using a controller.  Only trying to hear the demos when I click the play buttons.

The insert synth option settings are:
Midi Source
First Synth Audio Outputs
Recall Assignable Controls
Ask this Every Time

I've tried all the others one at a time.  Even dragged and dropped some of the loops on to the track.  Get a signal no sound. Also, if I include TTS-1 with any other synth in the same project, it won't sound either.   Anybody know what might be going on?

1 Reply Related Threads

jwintermute
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 33
    Re:Only Instruments I can hear are Cakewalk TTS-1 2011/02/23 05:29:00 (permalink)
    Hi,

I had something like this before. It turned out that the sounds were coming from the sound card's onboard synth. I can't remember how I fixed it though, sorry.

Anyway, this sounds like a general Sonar issue, not the instruments themselves. You will probably get an answer in the Sonar forum.

Good luck and I hope you get it sorted! let us know 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1