Old Songs, New Songs, Remixed Songs. Just some tunes I reposted after a while.

Author
RockingChair
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 803
2011/02/22 23:15:15 (permalink)

Old Songs, New Songs, Remixed Songs. Just some tunes I reposted after a while.

I reposted a bunch of songs I've done in the past, just thought I would mention that.

You can hear them on my website link The CyberSpace Pub! in my signature under My Music, or at this link at my bandcamp account.

Here's the link : My Bandcamp Link

A few tunes I've made a few changes to.

Some of the highlights I should mention are these tunes :

Lost In Orbit - I had some fun on this one, I thought my guitar sound fit it perfectly. The Special Effects were and still are funny for me to hear today.

Epic Fail - This is the original version. The idea was to fail, I ended up with 4 versions of this tune after trying multiple idea's mentioned to me, this one just sounded right because it's what I had in mind to begin with, which is the original. It's meant to sound how it does.

It's Time To Go Home - I've mixed and mixed this one, several things are still off in it, the only way to fix it is with vocals and  I don't sing anymore so it is what it is.

Let It Rock! - This is my first tune that with the help of another user here on the forums I realized you can use more than one guitar for rythm, many thanks to that user Steve Strummer!

I Search For Holy Water - This is actually a new remix of the old original remix, but I mainly just changed the drum set.

Everything I do needs vocals, but they are what they are, just thought I'd post these incase somebody wants to have a go at them on vocals. I have words for everything I do.

Either way, thanks for taking the time in advance to listen or check it out. I know they're not perfect, Everything I do from here on out that I post will be new. There are several approaches I took in these, I'm sure some will complain and give advice, that's appreciated, but the main thing I would like to know and forget the mix, It's just if you like the songs.

Thanks again,

Bobby

post edited by RockingChair - 2011/02/22 23:18:21

5 Replies Related Threads

rockinrobby
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1265
    Re:Old Songs, New Songs, Remixed Songs. Just some tunes I reposted after a while. 2011/02/22 23:38:31 (permalink)
    I listened to epic fail since, "It's meant to sound how it does. " Interesting. But it doesn't really have a structure I can follow? Like verse/chorus/verse/chorus/break/chorus? My favorite music fits that template.

http://www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

Evil lurks here among us again... "Beware."
    RockingChair
    Re:Old Songs, New Songs, Remixed Songs. Just some tunes I reposted after a while. 2011/02/23 19:03:01 (permalink)
    rockinrobby

I listened to epic fail since, "It's meant to sound how it does. " Interesting. But it doesn't really have a structure I can follow? Like verse/chorus/verse/chorus/break/chorus? My favorite music fits that template.

Thanks Robby, your right I was stuck on this one, it was an idea going no where. Just for the heck of it I'm going to post Epic Fail Version 3 and Epic Fail Version 4.

If you get bored and wanna have a laugh check them out, if not that's cool, I know your busy.

Epic Fail (Ver.3) - This is where I more or less abandoned the idea, or project, "The funny thing is, I realized the lead I was playing sounds a whole lot like The Munsters theme meets the Adams Family or the two combined , it wasn't a rip-off, but I got stuck on that idea.

Epic Fail (Ver.4) - This was the last I done on the idea, it does sound a bit more refined, my playing was sloppy on all these versions, but that was a while back. After the lead thought from version 3 I couldn't add anything else so I left it as it is in version 4.

And Epic Fail - Hence the title. LOL, it was a learning experience, and I got some great advice when I posted this at the time, lots of idea's on what to do with it, I guess it was just too far out of my style to take it any further. Either way, I'm making version 4 available for download if anybody wants to have a go at it.

Thanks again Robby, I appreciate you taking the time to check it out. BTW: It's 7pm EST, I'm just now uploading Version3/4 so it will be a few minutes before they are up there for anyone who wants to hear them.

Both Version 3 and 4 Will be on this link list at Band Camp -  My Bandcamp Link Click Here

Bobby

groveendroad
    • Total Posts : 809
    Re:Old Songs, New Songs, Remixed Songs. Just some tunes I reposted after a while. 2011/02/23 20:17:41 (permalink)
    Every time I listen to your stuff, I hear catchy guitar playing. Rock on!!!

Terry
    RockingChair
    Re:Old Songs, New Songs, Remixed Songs. Just some tunes I reposted after a while. 2011/02/23 21:58:36 (permalink)

Thanks Terry, Epic Fail was meant to fail. That was the whole point, to try and do something so bad yet so close to being good. I know that sounds crazy, but that was the point.  I guess it's like most all of my stuff. It's fun to listen to now and realize that I actually didn't Epically Fail, I learned a lot since I done that stuff.

Thanks for taking the time, and if you wanna work on something you can contact me via my bandcamp account or website in my signature link below.

I would like to work on everything you have posted, it's all CATCHY also. We have a lot in common where music goes,  all I need is a mixdown of a .mp3 without lead in it or any cuts in time, that way I could import the track and add to it and send it back to you to import into your mix so it would match up.

Thanks again for taking the time,

Bobby

post edited by RockingChair - 2011/02/23 22:08:59

groveendroad
    • Total Posts : 809
    Re:Old Songs, New Songs, Remixed Songs. Just some tunes I reposted after a while. 2011/02/24 17:43:31 (permalink)
    My wife heard your playing, as I was listening to you last night. She said your playing is good!!!

Terry
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1