You know

Author
hellogoodbye
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1343
2011/02/26 16:12:16 (permalink)

You know

My first new song since december 2009! As 'in the old day's' all comments are welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dur8MAKv8PA

Sonar 8.5 PE, Edirol FA-66, Behringer C-1. All instruments in my songs are VSTi's. 
Check out Soundclick

10 Replies Related Threads

NORTH IDAHO
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 77
    Re:You know 2011/02/26 19:49:10 (permalink)
    I really liked the textures in this piece.  I have to say that the waveform gracefully zooming in and out added something...not sure how to say it.  I was mezmerized.  

sonar 7 producer , sweetwater creation station 250, focusrite pro 40
    Kroneborge
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1300
    Re:You know 2011/02/26 21:02:04 (permalink)
    I liked the breaky feel at the start.   Not sure if I liked it or not throughout.   Haven't made up my mind.  It's a neat concept for sure.   Much better when it has the piano to help even it out.

Overall a lot of interesting textures in here, really liked your piano and pad sound.

Mathew

Hip Hop
    http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=213418

BreakBeats
    http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=219099

i7 12 gb ram, Komplete 5, Izotope Ozone & Stutter, Symphonic Orchestra Plat.

hellogoodbye
    Re:You know 2011/02/27 08:21:56 (permalink)
    Thanks for listening!

@Mathew: It's a good thing you haven't made up your mind: I was aiming for that mixed feeling, really. I wanted to make something different, something interesting, that would give you some sort of 'good feeling' but also leave you a bit in doubt.

Sonar 8.5 PE, Edirol FA-66, Behringer C-1. All instruments in my songs are VSTi's. 
    Check out Soundclick
    twisted6s
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2001
    Re:You know 2011/02/27 10:47:51 (permalink)
    Kroneborge

I liked the breaky feel at the start.   Not sure if I liked it or not throughout.   Haven't made up my mind.  It's a neat concept for sure.   Much better when it has the piano to help even it out.

Overall a lot of interesting textures in here, really liked your piano and pad sound.

What Mathew said but I'll add I dig your vocal

Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0 ghz processor, 8 gig ram, 2.5Tb drives, Sonar Platinum, Lynx L22, FMR Audio RNP & RNC, Mackie HR824, Neumann tlm 103, Window 10 64
    https://soundcloud.com/twisted6s/sets/tony-pruden

hellogoodbye
    Re:You know 2011/02/27 14:34:21 (permalink)
    Thank you!

Check out Soundclick
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:You know 2011/02/27 19:51:35 (permalink)
    really nice use of the stereo field - love the bass melody

pretty cool

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    mcourter
    Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3442
    Re:You know 2011/02/27 20:22:17 (permalink)
    I like the mood it establishes, and all the little supporting textures that add to the atmosphere. The plaintive vocals fit the mood perfectly, but I would have liked to hear what the heck you were saying. Geez, I sound like my mom. But maybe that was intentional too, maybe it's supposed to fit as one of the instruments rather than stand out as a traditional vocal. I also like the spare arrangement. Each instrument was pretty spare. Engaging tune.
    Mark

A few guitars, a couple of basses, a MIDI controller, a mandolin, a banjo, a mic, PodFarm2
    Unbridled Enthusiasm
     My music: www.Soundclick.com/markcourter
    hellogoodbye
    Re:You know 2011/02/28 04:09:37 (permalink)
    Thanks again!

@mcourter: yes, the vocal was meant to fit into it all (even though the lyrics do have a meaning and the music and lyric work together and were created together). To tell you the truth: to me the vocal isn't as 'unclear' as I wanted it to be! But I guess that's because I knew what I was singing. So I am rather glad you said the vocal probably is one of the instruments! 

Check out Soundclick
    paulo
    Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6218
    Re:You know 2011/02/28 15:57:53 (permalink)
    Hey Jeroen

Great to see you back on here again -  I was wondering what happened to you just recently. I like the textures and kind of fragmented feel to this, but I did find myself waiting for something to happen, if you know what I mean -  didn't quite grab me the way some of your tunes do. Maybe it's a grower.

btw - now that you've gone down the video route, make one for yellow light and get that up on YT - I just love that tune  - I'm sure I  can't be the only one !

hellogoodbye
    Re:You know 2011/03/01 02:28:10 (permalink)
    Wow, someone remembered a tune of mine! How cool is that!  Thanks for listening, paulo, and remembering me. 

Yes, this song is different... It was an experiment (I created the song out of textures instead of writing a song and then recording it, like I usually do) and it was meant to be different. It may be a grower but it may also be just not good for some.  

About Yellow light: first of all I am not really going down the video route: it's just that YouTube is far better known and easier to get to for my friends etc. than other sites (I still have to explain what Soundclick is and how it works...). And since posting a song with just one photograph or only lyrics is a bit too simple imho, I added some sort of 'video' to it. But to me it's ALL about the music! 
    Secondly: I have already been thinking of beefing up Yellow light a little: it was the first song I recorded back then after not making music for quite some years and it took me a few songs (and a few Sonar upgrades) before I found out how to make my songs sound a bit more full and 'real'. So Yellow light, even though I like the song myself as it is, doesn't sound as good as it should. So I was thinking about remixing it, which probably just means adding some limiting to it and making it sound, as I said, beefier. 
    I am certainly not going to re-record it: first of all I hate re-recording songs and secondly since it was the first song I recorded back then, the song is special to me and I really dig (if I may say so myself) the atmosphere and feel and sound of the song and everything. Anyway, if I make a new mix of it, I might post it on YouTube together with a probably VERY simple 'video'. Do NOT expect to see me playbacking a song, haha!  

Check out Soundclick
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1