Desperate HELP NEEDED ASAP!!!!!

Author
martam
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/03/02 14:42:51 (permalink)

Desperate HELP NEEDED ASAP!!!!!

I use an Core i5 PC 8 GB RAM internal soundcard (realtek I think) and windows 7. I really like editing with Cakewalk 9 which I purchased years ago and know it fairly well (and has worked in the past perfectly) ....love the Sonar X1 too, just alot more to work. anyway, I use Cakewalk 9 just for editing, and just recently started having trouble. I use a USB out to A Roland XV3080 Sound module to playback...but recently the Module shows and plays weird sounds all out of sync and type etc....when using Cakewalk 9, the midi activity light on the module shows a steady light (which its supposed to blink etc....as notes are played). When I play back using cubase or Vanbasco it works fine, midi activity light and output sounds play properly. So that means the module is working properly. So I re-installed Cakewalk 9 and it still does it... anyone else know what else i could do to fix this problem???
Thanks So So So Much!!!!!

Martam
martam2003@hotmail.com

4 Replies Related Threads

martam
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Desperate HELP NEEDED ASAP!!!!! 2011/03/02 18:41:53 (permalink)
    Just a footnote to the issue as well, I restored my computer to an earlier time, and it still doesnt work. But I can immediately play the file with vanbasco with no issues. I also hooked up my old computer to the module and it works fine with cakewalk. So it appears its a full midi buffer on the module caused by the cakewalk problem.  I tried changing the midi usb cable and still nada! So I just dont know why it wouldve changed as I didnt add software etc..
    And actually the midis wont play on sonar X1 Demo but it does on cubase!
    CorpPunisher
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 57
    Re:Desperate HELP NEEDED ASAP!!!!! 2011/03/07 16:51:02 (permalink)
    I'm not well versed with MIDI and Cakewalk. I've used MIDI off and on with several of my keyboards and sequencers and drum machines so hopefully I can offer a small word of help.

From what you are describing it sounds a bit like there is a transposition of pitch or sound patch going on, or a difference in how the MIDI messages are being interpreted.

It sounds like the sending and receiving of MIDI information is being transposed into different MIDI numbers which would cause different sounds and possibly even different beats per minute.

Is there a "bit size" function that could cause the protocols to not be set properly for communication? 
    Either on the PA9 side or the Roland side? or both?  Even, Odd, or no Parity?

I would check your Roland and see how the information is being sent as well as interpreted. Some keyboards or rack mounted devices are slightly different from each other so the information may not have actually been corrupted, but rather is simply being interpreted differently.

I don't know much about how PA9 sends and receives beyond in and out ports and internal/ external clocking. Beyond that the MIDI Note and Sysex data being recorded onto tracks would have a different meaning as I described earlier, as far as I would think. But I have only really recorded Audio tracks and used MIDI from my workstation as an external clock going to Cakewalk as I also recorded an audio click track from the same workstation.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help than this. Larry here on the boards know much more about PA9.
    post edited by CorpPunisher - 2011/03/07 16:57:32
    zgraf
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 350
    Re:Desperate HELP NEEDED ASAP!!!!! 2011/03/07 19:34:04 (permalink)
    I kind of think like CorpPunisher that something is messing your MIDI stream up.
    Try creating a new project of just one MIDI track.  Assign the MIDI output to your XV-3080.
    Start playing a track clip for a couple seconds and then stop it in the middle of the clip.  If the sound is messed up, go over to your XV-3080 and turn it off and then back on [or better yet do a factory reset], if you know how.  Then continue playing from the middle of the track clip where you left off.  Does that have any effect?
    JPut
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re:Desperate HELP NEEDED ASAP!!!!! 2011/03/24 21:27:16 (permalink)
    If you are suspicious of something messing midi up I would highly recommend to get a copy of midi ox. With this program it is easy to completely trouble shoot your midi issues and it is freeware.
    http://www.midiox.com/?ht...midiox.com/moxdown.htm
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1