Rearranging Drum Set

Author
UglyTruth
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 16
2011/03/04 01:59:58 (permalink)

Rearranging Drum Set

Hello All.

Noob here. Really read and tinkered with the Sonar x1 instructions, and my akai mpk mini instruction manual, no luck.

Basically all I want to do is "rearrange" the drum set I selected. Or change the layout on my controller. For example, I selected the "SI Drum Kit- Re Pitched Kit". Great. I have 8 drum pads on my Akai controller, but there are 12 sounds this kit makes. To access the other sounds all I have to do is hit the "Bank 2" button. Cool. But I want some of the sounds, ex. bass drum, to be on "Bank 1", so I can play these and record. How can I do this? . Is that a function of the software or the controller? Im leaning toward software but I've tried both. Thanks for the help.

1 Reply Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Rearranging Drum Set 2011/03/04 10:46:48 (permalink)
    I dont' have enough info to help, since I'm unfamiliar with the Akai.  I would think the Akai would have software with it to rearrange the midi numbers of the pads.

I would guess that SI can rearrange midi numbers, too, tho I haven't messed with it too much.  Either way, the midi number assignment is a given with drums, so you will need to be able to switch back to the normal Bank 1.

Another option is to make a second pass w/ the Akai with Bank 2 engaged.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1