Looks Like Kinetic Is Official Dead!

Author
Chrisma
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 585
2011/03/30 04:20:32 (permalink)

Looks Like Kinetic Is Official Dead!

Being that it is has now totally been removed from the Cakewalk's site and store looks like its really game over. Hopefully it makes it's into Sonar X? one day.  On to Maschine it is...I'm out.

T.

2 Replies Related Threads

kine321
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 438
    Re:Looks Like Kinetic Is Official Dead! 2011/04/03 05:35:50 (permalink)
    Interesting logic chrisma! Kinetic 2 should not have been posted for sale for the length of time it was. Version 2 was released in 2006. Many advances in computers have been made since then and k2 never kept up.

Don't forget that it was strongly based on the Roland groove boxes. Even though Roland has the mc808 and mc909, MV etc... computers have overshadowed this sort of gear to some degree especially since software is generally a lot cheaper than hardware. This may be the reason for it being abandoned by CW for so long. Even though the groove boxes are still relevant pieces of gear, they've sorta had their heyday when you consider that the MC303 groove-box was released in 1996.

When you toss the MC808 & 909 into the pot, that's like a 15 year groove-box history! Accept k2 for what it is since after all... you have been using it. Why are you throwing in the towel just because it was removed from sale? It could also mean they're about to release a K3 version or something that's along those lines!

Chrisma
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 585
    Re:Looks Like Kinetic Is Official Dead! 2011/04/06 00:06:53 (permalink)
    LOL...Yeah that was an emotional reaction to a late night discovery. I'm still using Kinetic...I can just work so fast in it. I could probably use it blind folded with the keyboard shortcuts and all. I was just disappointed. It is shame such creative and powerful tool never caught on. It was ahead of its time. It's kinda funny that Maschine just now final allows you to use VSTs with it in and Cakewalk was doing this stuff 5 years ago. Just think how evolved Kinetic could be by now. Should they decide to do a K3 I hope they market it as software synth workstation. That's what I viewed it and P5 as. I used P5 as well alot but never really got into the groove matrix. Seemed like it was more for live perform versus traditional song arrangement. If Cakewalk was to roll the pattern based sequencing aspect of Kinetic and the automatic loop creation (it determines how many bars you played and creates a loop) of P5 into Sonar Xx that would awesome and could even compete with Maschine and BPM. In the mean time I will continue to use it along with BPM and so far I don't see a need to purchase Maschine just yet.
    post edited by Chrisma - 2011/04/06 00:12:19
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1