looking for a simple basic recording software w virtual mixing board.

Author
eddie42503
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2011/03/31 21:47:30 (permalink)

looking for a simple basic recording software w virtual mixing board.

[<font][<font]Hello I'm new here and from the old school recording. I'm 50 and selling the old school recording. I don't know what category I'm needing so I will post this in a couple sections hoping someone will help. I'm looking for a simple basic recording software without having to use any external devises except a microphone. I'm looking for a recording software that possible have a virtual mixing board. I've seen this set up on other programs. I don't care if its an older version without alot of bells and whistles. Any ideas on this line very cheap, but to fool around with in my basement. Thank you in advance....

1 Reply Related Threads

codamedia
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1185
    Re:looking for a simple basic recording software w virtual mixing board. 2011/04/01 15:46:30 (permalink)
    Everything you are wanting comes in Sonar X1 Essential (the lowest price version of X1).
    http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/X1-Essential/Default.aspx

These programs come with a lot of bells and whistles, but you don't have to use them. Simply learn how to use the TRACK VIEW and the CONSOLE VIEW, and you will be fine.

I know a lot of people like you (that is not an insult - LOL), they just want something easy and simple. However, with competition the way it is, the company's are fighting each other with features, and with each feature comes a bigger learning curve.

The trick is to only learn what you need to learn. There are plenty of videos that can help with that.
    - Track View
    - Console View
    - Input from a Microphone
    - Output to a Soundcard

Once you get the basics, you can look at the extra features if you want to - one at a time

Don't fix it in the mix ... Fix it in the take! 

Desktop: Win 7 Pro 64 Bit , ASUS MB w/Intel Chipset, INTEL Q9300 Quad Core, 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, ATI 5450 Video
    Laptop: Windows 7 Pro, i5, 8 Gig Ram
    Hardware: Presonus FP10 (Firepod), FaderPort, M-Audio Axiom 49, Mackie 1202 VLZ, POD X3 Live, Variax 600, etc... etc...
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1