Studio Instrument patterns

Author
Danhcross
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2011/04/06 23:33:48 (permalink)

Studio Instrument patterns

How do you insert the Studio Instrument patterns into a project? I start the pattern, hit record...and get nothing. If I tap out something with my MIDI controller, no problem. But I cannot get those patterns to record to the MIDI track. 

What am I doing wrong? 

3 Replies Related Threads

chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Studio Instrument patterns 2011/04/07 10:02:32 (permalink)
    Danhcross

How do you insert the Studio Instrument patterns into a project? I start the pattern, hit record...and get nothing. If I tap out something with my MIDI controller, no problem. But I cannot get those patterns to record to the MIDI track. 

What am I doing wrong? 

Drag and Drop the patterns to your track.  You should see a little note icon on the SI interface, just click and drag it to your track.  :)
    Danhcross
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re:Studio Instrument patterns 2011/04/07 14:03:05 (permalink)

Thank you! I figured it out last night, almost by accident. It was so easy...but then another question popped up...

There is the pattern grid. So, can you drag and drop from the pattern grid in the same way? Probably...I'll have to experiment. 

It's fun to watch the drum set play itself. I love soft synth VSTs. 

chad

Danhcross

What am I doing wrong? 

Drag and Drop the patterns to your track.  You should see a little note icon on the SI interface, just click and drag it to your track.  :)

NiagaraDreamer
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Studio Instrument patterns 2011/09/28 13:24:56 (permalink)
    Hey, Chad! Any idea of why when I grab a Studio Instrument pattern (i.e., Drums) and drag it into my session, it doesn't play all the hits? I have been trying to figure this one out for a while, to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1