First time post: New filler track leading into full length track

Author
notthatverygood
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
2011/04/20 11:28:55 (permalink)

First time post: New filler track leading into full length track

This is my first post to this portion of the user forums.  My music is still a work in progress.

Cement Waterfall is the filler track
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10545831

which leads into Red Dreams, a full length song.
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10545832

Information about song composition:  All music created and recorded by R. Machine (me), lyrical content created by Larissa Marie and R. Machine.

Software:  Sonar 8.5.3, Dimension Pro, Rapture LE, Guitar Rig 3, TTS-1
Equipment:  ESP EC-1000 6-string guitar, Schecter 5-string Hellraiser bass guitar
post edited by notthatverygood - 2011/04/20 11:32:48

R. Machine

6 Replies Related Threads

Janet
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:First time post: New filler track leading into full length track 2011/04/23 17:16:00 (permalink)
    First post, eh?  Is notthatverygood supposed to refer to your music?  If so, I think I'd change that to 'Terrific.'  I really enjoyed Red Dreams.  I'm not sure what you mean by 'filler track' but Cement Waterfall is nice too.  Do you charge for cool song titles, cause I always struggle with those.  :) 

Welcome to the forum.  I look forward to hearing more. 
    notthatverygood
    Re:First time post: New filler track leading into full length track 2011/04/25 09:16:38 (permalink)
    Thanks for taking the time to listen Janet.  My idea for a username isn't associated with the music I make (generally), it's just something I've always used.  As for what I mean by a filler track, just a short track, usually around the 1 minute mark or so without lyrical content.  Thanks for welcoming me to the site, I plan to post more songs in the near future.

R. Machine

savageopera
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 625
    Re:First time post: New filler track leading into full length track 2011/04/25 15:37:57 (permalink)
    Cement Waterfall: This sounds like a great extended intro, ......waitng to hear the rest. I also listened to Red Dreams. Nice, moody ambient piece. The voice is very sultry/sensual but hard to hear in the mix. Punch it up so we can enjoy. Keep up the good work.........Ron 

Sonar Artist, HP Laptop, AMD A8700 , 1T+250g, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra ,Roland 88 Hammer action, Roland AX-1, M-audio 88es, Arturia minilabII......When I was young I wanted to become a mad scientist. I achieved everything except the "scientist" part....http://www.soundclick.com/savageopera
    evadianepug
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4477
    Re:First time post: New filler track leading into full length track 2011/04/25 18:43:43 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forum.  Are you Larissa or is she the vocalist or both?  Dream I would like to hear her a bit louder.  It's a very full sounding track and works well with the Cement lead in.  This is a VERY NICE TUNE.  Different.

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
    THE PUGTONES
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
    SonarX3
    notthatverygood
    Re:First time post: New filler track leading into full length track 2011/04/26 12:39:11 (permalink)
    Thanks for the feedback, I will definitely work on mastering the track more thoroughly.  As for who I am, I am R. Machine, the composer of all the music for Bloody Reverie.  Larissa is a friend of mine who helps with lyrical content and vocal tracks.  Red Dreams in particular is solely her vocals but other tracks that I will list in the future have both of our vocals.  We divvy the lyrical creation process as well.
    bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:First time post: New filler track leading into full length track 2011/04/26 18:08:17 (permalink)

I've not read others comments (never do until I post mine). Sorry if any are repeats.

The filler track sounds extremely compressed and very boomy. Seems to have the potential to be more dynamic and interesting.
    I was hoping that Red Dreams would be a little better. But the track seems to suffer from the same over compression. Thes best thing I can say about the mix is the kick and bass guitar are very close to being a sonic match. The whole mix could use some clarity (IMO).

I do like what you are doing. Kept me interested.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1