Help optimizing GA-P67A-UD5-B3 bios and Sandybridge 2600k for Sonar DAW use

Author
cecelius2
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1494
2011/05/02 21:49:32 (permalink)

Help optimizing GA-P67A-UD5-B3 bios and Sandybridge 2600k for Sonar DAW use

I really need some advice on setting up the BIOS on my new Gigabyte P67a-UD5-B3 board for DAW use.

I have read elsewhere and heard locally that some/many are turning off the Turbo Boast mode for over-clocking/gaming and for DAW use.  One local salesman told me that another studio user  has been having problems with the 2600k when Turbo Boast is “on” because when it “boosts” it causes audible pops or glitches in the audio recording.  I am not a gamer and do not need extreme overclocking.  What I do want/need is an optimized PC/ Bios set up for use on SONAR X1 64bit. 

1.        So is there some place to find a list of Gigabyte Bios settings that are optimal for our use as DAW owners?

2.       Do I need to turn on or turn off the Turbo Boast?

FY1--I use a lot of Soft Synths (Omnisphere, Kontakt, Superior Drummer, Amplitube, etc….).  I need stability and no glitches.  I am switching from AMD 955Be to Intel Sandybridge based upon feedback on this forum.  And yes I am comfortable tweaking bios and Windows settings, but just need some guidance please, please, please.

Here are my new system specs:

Sandybridge 2600k, GA-P67A-UD5-B3, three 1 TB Samsung F3 Spinpoint HDs, 2 Noctua case fans, a Noctua CPU cooler, 16gigs of 1.5v Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance Ram (4x4gigs), Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Cooler Master 700 Silent Pro M ps, Antec Full Tower Case

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Cecelius2

2 Replies Related Threads

Combo
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 187
    Re:Help optimizing GA-P67A-UD5-B3 bios and Sandybridge 2600k for Sonar DAW use 2011/05/05 04:58:47 (permalink)
    cecelius2

I really need some advice on setting up the BIOS on my new Gigabyte P67a-UD5-B3 board for DAW use.

I have read elsewhere and heard locally that some/many are turning off the Turbo Boast mode for over-clocking/gaming and for DAW use.  One local salesman told me that another studio user  has been having problems with the 2600k when Turbo Boast is “on” because when it “boosts” it causes audible pops or glitches in the audio recording.  I am not a gamer and do not need extreme overclocking.  What I do want/need is an optimized PC/ Bios set up for use on SONAR X1 64bit. 

1.        So is there some place to find a list of Gigabyte Bios settings that are optimal for our use as DAW owners?

2.       Do I need to turn on or turn off the Turbo Boast?

FY1--I use a lot of Soft Synths (Omnisphere, Kontakt, Superior Drummer, Amplitube, etc….).  I need stability and no glitches.  I am switching from AMD 955Be to Intel Sandybridge based upon feedback on this forum.  And yes I am comfortable tweaking bios and Windows settings, but just need some guidance please, please, please.

Here are my new system specs:

Sandybridge 2600k, GA-P67A-UD5-B3, three 1 TB Samsung F3 Spinpoint HDs, 2 Noctua case fans, a Noctua CPU cooler, 16gigs of 1.5v Corsair 1600mhz Vengeance Ram (4x4gigs), Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Cooler Master 700 Silent Pro M ps, Antec Full Tower Case

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Cecelius2

Sorry to be of no help whatsoever and apologies for piggy-backing your thread but I'm just setting up a PC with 2600k on a P67-UD7 board (Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit) and would be interested if you could post the answer to this if you find it elsewhere.    Thanks.
    cecelius2
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1494
    Re:Help optimizing GA-P67A-UD5-B3 bios and Sandybridge 2600k for Sonar DAW use 2011/05/05 18:37:57 (permalink)
    Combo:  Thanks for the sentiments.  I will let you know what I find out, but it may be a couple of weeks before I try much fine tuning.

C2

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1