Song for my baby boy

Author
LpMike75
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1621
2011/05/02 22:45:38 (permalink)

Song for my baby boy

My wife and I had our first child born on Friday 4/29/11, we just came home with him and I never thought I would be one of those "googoogahhgahh" baby talk kind of Dads until I held him in my arms right after he came out, I fell to pieces immedately.  After a slobbering over him like a big sappy oaf, I then began to "googoogahgah" baby talk him uncontrollably as he is the cutest thing I have ever encountered.  (coming from someone who waiting until they were 35 to have a baby)
    Anyways, a couple weeks ago my wife said I should write some music for him to listen to as he lays in his crib.  I figure I would start with a constant rhythmic type of piece so he will hopfeully learn to feel music, then will come the harmony pieces.  I turned out the lights in my studio except for 1 lamp..brought on the mood and probably ruined my original idea,,which is featured in the middle section.  So here is what I came up with after getting carried away...my problem here is controlling my sub bass.  It drives too deep and hard, I applied a multiband compressor on it but it still seems either too hard or too soft.  I am open for any mix advice.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10596059 <---This song (JD1)

- Mike
Sonar Platinum - M-Audio Profire 2626 , Pro Tools 11 HD Omni - PC I7 6850K - 64 G RAM - GeForce GTX 970
http://www.soundcloud.com/michael-lizotte 
Http://WWW.HomeRecordingWizard.Com
HTTP://WWW.Facebook.com/HomeRecordingWizard
Http://www.mjlmusic.com 

2 Replies Related Threads

Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re:Song for my baby boy 2011/05/03 13:22:15 (permalink)
    Interesting stuff, not sure the middle 8 "harp" sound paned hard right works.  Would have been better to spread the sound across the stage but biased to right.  I see you have X1 producer so Channel tools is good for this.

My experience of small children they not overly keen on thumping bass lines, which sound fine and balanced on my studio system.

Thanks for sharing.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    Janet
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:Song for my baby boy 2011/05/03 13:30:46 (permalink)
    :)  This is not at ALL what I was expecting from a new dad.  :) And probably not what I'd play for a new baby either, but hey...I ended up with one fantastic musician and one who just enjoys music, so who's to say.  (not that I played anything for them in their cribs...should have I suppose.)  Anyway, it's quite good I think.

And I personally love to see guys go 'gaga' over their babies. :) I think it's quite cool.  :)  And congrats...what a trip you're on now...the best one I ever took, that's for sure...I hope it just keeps getting better, like it has for me.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1