New Song - Moe Town

Author
Glennbo
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1840
2011/05/13 10:08:58 (permalink)

New Song - Moe Town

My latest project.  This one features my buddy and great bassist Chuck M.
from here in OKC, and Polymod from Connecticut  burning up the keys, along
with me on drums, guitars, a piano, and a tambourine.

It's titled "Moe Town" at:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10635237

4 Replies Related Threads

evadianepug
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4477
    Re:New Song - Moe Town 2011/05/13 12:56:05 (permalink)
    Where on earth are you.  Sorry, had to say it!  This is cool Glennbo.  I like the bass, great sound!!  It all fits together nicely.  Drums are the weak link.  JUST KIDDING!!!!  I enjoyed listening to this.

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
    THE PUGTONES
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
    SonarX3
    Glennbo
    Re:New Song - Moe Town 2011/05/13 13:09:42 (permalink)
    evadianepug

Where on earth are you.  Sorry, had to say it!  This is cool Glennbo. 

Right here on the Mid-Coast in lovely OKC!   ;)

I like the bass, great sound!! 

Normally I play the bass (and guitars) on my songs (although drums is my primary instrument), but I had gotten a text from my buddy Chuck who played in a band with me live for several years, so I hit him up to play on this one when I replied.  I'll let him know you liked his playing and tone.

It all fits together nicely.  Drums are the weak link.  JUST KIDDING!!!!  I enjoyed listening to this.

Thanks Warren!  :)

Hehe, the pad kit in my avatar is the drums I played on this song, although I used them as just a controller for Superior Drummer 2 with the Hit Factory sample set loaded up.

evadianepug
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4477
    Re:New Song - Moe Town 2011/05/13 13:17:04 (permalink)
    Our last drummer used a pad kit and he drove me tnuts.  he couldn't get sounds like you do.  he'd get close but then he couldn't keep the beat.  He told us that we got him lost.  DUUUUHHHH>  Who keeps the beat?  It was actually pretty funny because we told him that since he was lost to just stay there.  LOL!

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
    THE PUGTONES
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
    SonarX3
    Glennbo
    Re:New Song - Moe Town 2011/05/16 22:23:27 (permalink)
    evadianepug

Our last drummer used a pad kit and he drove me tnuts.  he couldn't get sounds like you do.  he'd get close but then he couldn't keep the beat.  He told us that we got him lost.  DUUUUHHHH>  Who keeps the beat?  It was actually pretty funny because we told him that since he was lost to just stay there.  LOL!

I look at digital drums the same way I look at acoustic drums.  You smack something with a stick, and it makes a noise.   <g>

I have a friend who started out as drummer, but later switched to bass, and then guitar.  Very VERY good guitarist now, but when he was a drummer, we were sort of rivals, and he would get so wrapped up in doing an impressive fill, that he'd totally lose his position in the measure.  Sounds like your guy may have had that problem.  Good new is, maybe he can play something else better.  Heck, I play drums, bass, guitar, and keyboards in sort of that order.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1