NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
evadianepug
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4477
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/17 13:39:44 (permalink)
Julianna- Well, I asked Mark to make me sound like Stephen Tyler and he didn't do it.  If I find out he made Eva sound like Karen, he's in trouble.  LOL.  Thanks for listening, J.  We appreciate you commenting!  I know Eva's watching the thread and she is probably very humbled by the comparisons! 

Robby- Thanks for listening.  I liked the blues scale there.  I thought it gave that part a bit of flavor.  I do appreciate you taking the time to comment, Robby and I see you are not the only one with that thought.  :-) 

Bill-  Thanks for listening.  What is it that surprised you?  The karen thing?  Thanks, man!

Ron(SavOp)- Thanks for listening.  We really appreciate your kind words.  After having listened to it so many times I can't imagine the lead any other way now.  :-)  Don Henley said that songwriters have to have a predisposition to doing things over and over to the point other people would get sick of it.  I guess that applies to the "sausage" making of these productions.   Thanks, man!!

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
THE PUGTONES
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=919339&content=music
SonarX3
CLEAN
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2842
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/17 14:09:24 (permalink)
I wouldn't have any idea how to fix the drums. I used BFD and the drums I use are the loops that come with BFD. I tried just about every loop possible - and this is the best I could come up with - maybe not perfect - but, I've got limited drum resources.

And, actually, I don't think the drums sound to bad.

Thanks again for taking a listen - appreciate all of the comments.

THE PUGTONES
Mark
evadianepug
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/17 16:50:23 (permalink)
Bobby - Thanks for listening and commenting.  I'm happy that you enjoyed it.

Mark- Thanks for the comments.  I'm sure Mark is taking note of the comments.  i don't hear the voice thing but I don't hear a lot of things.  That's why Mark does it!  :-)

Rich- Thanks for the compliments!  Nice to hear from you, buddy.   Como esta ju bean?  Sax parts coming up.  Stay warm.  :-)

Herb- Thanks, man!   I'm glad you could listen and comment.  I hope you're well, buddy!

Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. (GK Chesterton

Warren (Pug) Willingham
THE PUGTONES
SonarX3
evadianepug
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/17 19:37:56 (permalink)
Gramps- Thanks for listening.  I'm glad you found it.  I hadn't posted it on SC yet.  It's there now.  We'll put you and Mark together on Amazon Moon.  He'd enjoy that!

Julianna-  You sure are sweet!  Thanks.

J-YoYo-  Many thanks.  Those are very nice things for you to say.  They are greatly appreciated.  Again, thanks!

Phil- I'm sure Eva is blushing right now, as are we all!  Very kind words.  They are always so nice to hear!  Thank you!

Warren (Pug) Willingham
THE PUGTONES
SonarX3
gdugan
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1118
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/17 19:57:33 (permalink)

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments! It was a pleasure (as usual) to work with  Warren, Mark, and Eva on this piece. Eva's vocal really makes this  shine, and Warren and Mark did a great job with the writing and performances and the mix.

Frank asked about the strings: they are a combination of Sonic Implants Symphonic strings and LA Scoring Strings. I just layered them, and the Symphonic strings took a bit of the edge off the somewhat bright LASS while the LASS provided some articulation that was missing from the Symphonic strings.
thepogue
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2458
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/17 20:28:43 (permalink)
sorry its been a bazillion years guys...

great job all the way round..very very slinky...dreamy like!

A++
Serious Noize!
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 164
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/17 21:57:14 (permalink)

I got my PC working right again Warren and I don't hear no problems with the Volume. Sorry I shouldn't have mentioned that while I was having problems with my hard drive. My bad.

LOL, that freaking Mark makes me laugh, he acts like he dooesn't know nothing, but yet he doesn't remember a couple of years ago when I had an acoustic I posted a simple blues song and he sent me something he wanted me to collab on, LOL It was above and beyond my technical skills, way beyond. I don't think he every posted it that I remember. I can't remember the name and lost a lot of stuff on another crash since then. Oh well, lot's of lessons learned since then on the backup stuff.

I get it now, you Pugtones are the Clark Kent's when it comes to talking about music, but when it comes to actually posting the music you Pugtones put on the big red cape!

That's cool! Anyway, I just wanted to let you know it was a problem with my PC where the volume is concerned, and not a mix problem on my side of the listening world, something I have corrected with a few fixes I have made since then - "Newer Hard Drive, Better permanent cable connects etc....".

Great Stuff Warren!!!

Serious Noize!

Tap
Max Output Level: -30 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4536
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/17 23:15:37 (permalink)
Well, Knock me down and call me Karen (Carpenter) as well!!!! This sure is sweet as a Rainy Day or a Monday or every little shing-a-ling.  The guitar definitely did it for me, as well and just the right amount of strings. She's headed for the top!

MC4 - M-Audio FW410 / Behringer UCA202 - Fender Strat / Jazzmaster / DuoSonic / Washburn / Peavy Foundation M-Audio Radium 49 Roland Juno 106 / JazzChorus / Seymore Duncan Convertible - HP A1230N ( AMD Athalon 3800+ 2G Ram + 200G HD )

http://soundclick.com/cut2thechaise

dke
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 724
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/18 01:38:56 (permalink)
Great song and performance.  Vocals were really good, and the guitar solo was really nice.  The drums I thought were a little too loud especially the wood block/sidestick, other than that real nice job on the mix really warm and full.

Dan

Sonar Platinum ( x64),  Windows 10 x64, HP Envy i5 2.9GHZ, 8GB, Tascam 4x4 USB, BX5a Monitors.
dlogan
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2544
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/18 10:15:58 (permalink)
Real different feel for a Pugtones tune. Her vocals are great - I definitely see the Karen Carpenter references. Some of the drum fills are maybe not as smooth/natural as they could be, but I think the style you've gone for with them helps keep it from getting too far into "easy listening" territory. Guitar solo is fantastic. Cool!!
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/18 12:18:21 (permalink)
Must have been busy to have missed this.  My only observation is the overall mix is a bit hot, it is hitting the end stops in sound forge, plus the comments re the drums.

Having said that I still twice.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
evadianepug
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/18 14:33:42 (permalink)
RickNoHow- Thanks, buddy.  We always look forward to you listening and commenting.  We appreciate the kind appraisal of our effort. 

Robby- Ruth came home and is doing great.  She went back to work and feels fine.  A bit tired.  Thanks.

Mark -Limited?  Right.  Mr. Moswary.  :-)  T hanks. pard.

Scotty-  Ruth is doing just fine.  She's back at work and life is back to normal.  Thank God!!

Philip- Well, thank you.  I appreiate the comment on lyrics.  Very kind words, my friend. 

Bob-  Well, thank you, those are very complimentary words.  We greatly appreciate it.  I told Ruth you wished her well.  She said to tell you "THANKS"!

Guitarpima- Thanks for listening and commenting.  I told you my feeling on endings so I'll let that rest.  Your opinions are always respected and should be what you really think.  If you are honest and have listened enough to know how you feel, then let 'er rip.  That's what we do here.  I appreciate you taking the time to care and for your PM.  You're a good person. 

Warren (Pug) Willingham
THE PUGTONES
SonarX3
Psalmist35
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1471
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/18 16:49:46 (permalink)
evadianepug

Rich- . . . . . .    Como esta ju bean? 
Haven't seen a Mexican jumping bean since I was a kid.  However I prefer them refried with a side of rice and guacamole.  However, if you leave em whole and add bits of becan that's a different story!  I'm sure others here would agree.
Outside of that, I'm doing fine thanks for ax'n. 

George Foreman Grill; Ginsu knifes; Clapper; Home Grown Intel i7 -6700K 16G Ram; Sonar Platinum; MOTU 896HD; Tascam US2400; 

My Music
Serious Noize!
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 164
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/19 02:05:36 (permalink)

Warren, I'm glad to hear your wife is feeling better. That's all that matters, this music stuff doesn't in situations like that.

Glad to hear things are ok.

Bobby

evadianepug
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/19 14:27:26 (permalink)
Gary- Thanks for everything you did!

DaPogue-  Thanks, Tom.  I'm a real fan of slinky and dreamy.ESPECIALLY SLINKY!   :-D

Bobby- Thanks.  keep updating that stuff!

Tap-  Thanks for listening and the nice comments!

dke- Thanks for taking the time and the nice evaluation.

Warren (Pug) Willingham
THE PUGTONES
SonarX3
Scoobie
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 263
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/19 18:14:56 (permalink)
Love the tune............Kudo's on the performance and your "Mix",  
Sounds good !

Tim....
cryophonik
Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4724
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/20 00:13:48 (permalink)
Warren - glad to hear your wife is doing OK and I hope she continues her good health!

Wow, the song is really nice!  I'll just add that I agree with all the comments on the drum fills, but I also know how hard it can be to fill those voids.  That said, I think the rest of the drums sound pretty good to me.  The musicianship is very top-notch and Eva's voice is like butter.  It's so cool to see so many talented people come together to turn out a quality track like this - great job to all! 

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

Janet
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8094
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/21 22:52:21 (permalink)
You 4 are one talented group!  This is just beautiful and it's great to see all of your talents shine here.  :)
Beagle
  • Total Posts : 50621
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/24 15:38:14 (permalink)
Warren, my friend, I pray your wife's doing better! 

Warren, Mark, Eva and Gary.  man this is just fantastic!  absolutely beautiful!  vocals are out of this world excellent, mixing is great!  guitars are fantastic - I love the string noises in both channels!  bass, keyboards - great sound!  really great all around!  BRAAAAVO!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/24 16:57:47 (permalink)

Wow guys and gals - this is simply stunning.

And the mix is nigh on faultless.

Great stuff!

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

evadianepug
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/27 21:17:49 (permalink)
Well, where was I before I decided to get sick?  Gheesh.  Sorry for not acknowledging these comments sooner.  I'm a butt.  Well, my kids and grandkids say I'm a dork but I know what I am.  LOL

DaveLogan-  How the heck are you?  Thanks for listening and for your comments.  Good to hear from you, buddy!

Wook- Listening twice is a great compliment.  We sure appreciate it.  Hey, my hair is catching up with yours and might be even whiter.  Can't touch that beard, though.  LOL

Scoobie- Thanks, man.

CryoDude- Well, thank you.  I know you know something about female vocalists!  Eva is probably blushing.  We all appreciate your comments!

Janet-  Glad you took a listen.  Thank you for the nice words!

Beag-  Wow, thank you!  My wife is fine, no problesm that we can figure out.  A horrible flu that dehydrated her and hit her harder than the rest of us.  She's a hard worker and needed the rest!  Not exactly what I had planned for her, but.....  :-)   Thanks for the prayers!

Steve- Always nice to hear from you.  You probalby don't remember but you were the first commenter on the first song I posted on this forum.  You were encouraging and I appreciated that.  Thanks for listening to this one and for the kind words!

Warren (Pug) Willingham
THE PUGTONES
SonarX3
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/28 04:30:39 (permalink)
evadianepug

Steve- Always nice to hear from you.  You probalby don't remember but you were the first commenter on the first song I posted on this forum.  You were encouraging and I appreciated that.  Thanks for listening to this one and for the kind words!

I remember you 'arriving' Warren, but I didn't realise I was the first to reply to your first song!

That's cool that you remember it though, and for all the right reasons

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

marcos69
Max Output Level: -26 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4950
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/28 22:27:25 (permalink)
Wow, is this ever an incredible song.  The production is so lush.  Drums sound great to me.  I wouldn't mind if the lead break came down in volume just a tad.

Mark Wessels

At CD Baby

At Soundclick
guitartrek
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2842
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/28 22:47:45 (permalink)
Sounds really good.  Eva has a great voice, and that smooth bluesy guitar solo is perfect.  The mix and instrumentation is really well done.  In general the drums work nicely with the song.  The perdiodic drum fills stand out just a little bit.
evadianepug
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/30 16:13:21 (permalink)
Mark- Thanks for listening and commenting.  Greatly appreciated.

Geno-Thanks for the kind words.  I am fixing to listen to your new one in 19, 18,17,15,15............1 second!  :-)
post edited by evadianepug - 2011/06/02 12:31:22

Warren (Pug) Willingham
THE PUGTONES
SonarX3
vechung
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 818
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/30 16:41:45 (permalink)
So beautiful!  Great job everyone specially the singing.  Very nice guitar playing also.

http://www.soundclick.com/vicentechung
https://soundcloud.com/thefoundandthelost

Vicente 

Sonar Platinum, Live 10, Motu 828, Ozone 7
lhansen
Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4765
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/31 17:14:43 (permalink)
I liked everything about this Warren!! You just don't hear many songs written/performed like this anymore, so this was ear candy to me. Kudos to all and I hope everyone is well on the home-front.

Larry

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
markno999
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1450
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/05/31 19:50:31 (permalink)
Great song, right out of the chute it grabs your attention.  Interesting, lush, harmonies, kind of Carpenter's meets psychodelic 60's.   Had to listen a few times.. Well done.

Regards
evadianepug
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/06/02 12:35:52 (permalink)
Vicente- Thanks so much for listening and commenting!

Larry- I really appreciate the songwriting comment.  I am really into all of this to write songs.  I'm fortunate to hook up with players that make things sound better than I could alone.  Mark sends some music to me that challenges me and makes me better.  Thanks, buddy!

Markno- Well thank you!  Listening more than once is a great compliment.  We really appreciate you taking the time.  Admit it though, the bass part was what kept you coming back. (Wink).  I hope Eva's not watching!

Warren (Pug) Willingham
THE PUGTONES
SonarX3
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re:NEW PUGTONES TUNE with Eva and Gdugan 2011/06/05 12:59:11 (permalink)
Not read the reast of the comments here, so apoologies for any redundant comments.

The vocals sound so effortless - she's got a lovely voice for sure. Brings Karen Carpenter to mind - or Rumer (who also sounds kind of Karen Carpenter like)

Playing is excellent as always with you guys - love that acoustic at the beginning. My only crits would be that some of the drum fills feel a little awkward and that the toms coud do with a boost as they sound separate form the rest of the kit, but that might be just because I'm listening on laptop and not getting the full experience. Minor stuff though - it's very impresive all the same.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1