Calkwalk Pro Audio 9

Author
G8CAU
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
2011/05/17 13:40:11 (permalink)

Calkwalk Pro Audio 9

Hello Everyone.

Does anyone out there use CW9 as a Midi Sequencer/editor?

I am trying to edit a midi file which has both clefs on one track
Can I split the clefs?
I want to put the treble onto 1 track and the bass on another.

TIA

John

7 Replies Related Threads

CorpPunisher
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 57
    Re:Calkwalk Pro Audio 9 2011/05/18 21:12:10 (permalink)
    larrymcg could probably help you much better than I could when using PA9 and MIDI.

One suggestion I can try is if you actually have a good sequencer that you can use, whether a stand-alone or on a keyboard workstation.

If so I would suggest using PA9 to create a complete copy of that MIDI file you have and rename it "yada2" (yada being an example of the actual name you are using for the file, just add the number 2 to the name).

Then use that number 2 copy and delete the lower clef notes using the sequencer, or possibly PA9 until all you have is the upper registry and see if it is possible to save the file as a treble clef track.

Then create another full copy of the original MIDI track and call it "yada3" and do the same type of editing but deleting all of the upper clef notes and see if it is possible to save as a Bass clef track.

If this can be done then you could have two tracks, one Treble and one Bass clefs that can be imported into PA9 or were created through editing using PA9.

Hope that helps.

I do know it is much easier to merge two tracks than it is to separate one track into two.
    post edited by CorpPunisher - 2011/05/18 21:13:21
    larrymcg
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1310
    Re:Calkwalk Pro Audio 9 2011/05/19 12:31:32 (permalink)
    PA9 can give you a little help in selecting all the notes in the treble range or the bass range.  Then you can copy the selected notes and paste into another track.

The Staff layout can be of several different forms; for example, Treble only, Bass only, Treble/Bass, etc.  Yours is Treble/Bass which is what you want.  In the Staff view window, click the Layout button, or right-click in the window itself and select Layout.  The Layout dialog box will tell you what the split point is between the treble and bass clefs.  If it says, for example, C5, then all notes from C5 on up will be in the treble clef and below C5 will be in the bass clef.  You can change the split point if you want.  In any case, the split point will be used in the next step.

With the original track selected, go to menu Edit>Select>By Filter....   In the dialog box, make sure the "Note" row is selected (maybe deselect all the others - you could click the None button in the lower right first).  Then set the Min and Max note values to be C0 thru B4 to select the bass clef notes (assuming the split point is C5).  You can then copy those notes and past into a different track or delete them as appropriate.  Then with the original track selected, do Edit>Select>By Filter.... again and select the other notes (C5 thru G10).

After you get your treble only and bass only tracks, you can use the Staff Layout dialog to select the appropriate layout for each.

Well, that was probably more than you wanted to know but the select by filter facility can be useful to know about and it has lots of other selection criteria too.

--Larry

Intel Core i7-4790 @3.6GHz; 8GB; Win10 Pro 64bit; 1TB disk + 3TB ext disk; Midiman Fineline mixer; MidiSport 4x4 midi I/F; Roland JV-30 kbd/synth; Yamaha TG55 synth; Rx with 3 piece Home audio speakers; Sonar X3e Studio
    larrymcg
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1310
    Re:Calkwalk Pro Audio 9 2011/05/19 12:38:37 (permalink)
    There is an even easier way to select all the notes in a track in a certain note range.  Double click the track clip to open the piano roll view.  For a split point of C5, click on the piano note B4 and drag down to C0.  Those notes are now selected.  Copy or delete or whatever you want.  Then in the piano roll view, click on C5 and drag up to E10 or whatever the highest note is.  Now those notes are selected.

--Larry

Intel Core i7-4790 @3.6GHz; 8GB; Win10 Pro 64bit; 1TB disk + 3TB ext disk; Midiman Fineline mixer; MidiSport 4x4 midi I/F; Roland JV-30 kbd/synth; Yamaha TG55 synth; Rx with 3 piece Home audio speakers; Sonar X3e Studio
    G8CAU
    Re:Calkwalk Pro Audio 9 2011/05/20 07:27:08 (permalink)
    Thanks for that Corp . .
    For the moment, Im giving it up . .
    about to get CW9 onto my other comp. a win 7, at least I hope so!

So thanks anyway

John aka G8CAU

CorpPunisher

larrymcg could probably help you much better than I could when using PA9 and MIDI.

One suggestion I can try is if you actually have a good sequencer that you can use, whether a stand-alone or on a keyboard workstation.

If so I would suggest using PA9 to create a complete copy of that MIDI file you have and rename it "yada2" (yada being an example of the actual name you are using for the file, just add the number 2 to the name).

Then use that number 2 copy and delete the lower clef notes using the sequencer, or possibly PA9 until all you have is the upper registry and see if it is possible to save the file as a treble clef track.

Then create another full copy of the original MIDI track and call it "yada3" and do the same type of editing but deleting all of the upper clef notes and see if it is possible to save as a Bass clef track.

If this can be done then you could have two tracks, one Treble and one Bass clefs that can be imported into PA9 or were created through editing using PA9.

Hope that helps.

I do know it is much easier to merge two tracks than it is to separate one track into two.

G8CAU
    Re:Calkwalk Pro Audio 9 2011/05/20 07:30:26 (permalink)
    Thanks Larry,
    As I mentioned to corpunisher, Im waiting to get PA9 on my Win7 comp.
    If it runs ok, then I will try your advice . . .

Many thanks Larry

G8CAU aka John - UK
    chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re:Calkwalk Pro Audio 9 2011/05/20 07:31:41 (permalink)
    G8CAU

Thanks for that Corp . .
    For the moment, Im giving it up . .
    about to get CW9 onto my other comp. a win 7, at least I hope so!

So thanks anyway

John aka G8CAU

CorpPunisher

Hope that helps.

ive had no issues running pa9 on windows 7 exept the plug ins..cant get them to work.i tried real hard..i loved some of those older plug ins.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

G8CAU
    Re:Calkwalk Pro Audio 9 2011/05/20 11:47:04 (permalink)
    Thanks for that Charlie,
    Like I mentioned, Im gonna wait and see how it all goes before I clean up some more space on the WIN7 machine

Cheers
    John UK
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1