IT Networking question about spam

Author
Jumbicat
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 406
2011/05/25 22:03:08 (permalink)

IT Networking question about spam

How hard is it to block an IP address that hitting a website.  I've noticed over the last few months, the  "axon-technologies.net/forum" has been attacked and no one is doing anything to stop it.  Is it because it's a lot of work?  Just curious.  The site has a lot of good information on Axon gear and I'm afraid it might be shut down. I asked the same question on another midi guitar board.

Win7Pro64Bit-AMD-1090t -4 GIG OC DDR3-2k-GTX-465-C300 SATA6-SSD 64G-Sonar 8.5,X2a - Pro Tools Digi-001, a few Axon controllers
http://soundcloud.com/jumbicat

1 Reply Related Threads

tomixornot
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1674
    Re:IT Networking question about spam 2011/05/26 17:45:17 (permalink)
    From a none expert point of view ..if the IP address of an attacker is known, blocking it is easy - such as entering the IP into your router list of blocked IP address. However, most attackers' IP address will not be fixed or known - otherwise the attacker will be revealing it/themselves and can be reported easily.

So, the website server needs some sort of load balancing or some logic to guess if a particular hit is a robot / attacker and either delays or kill it. Then most attacker will probably design it's attack to look like a regular user request to make it hard for the server logic to guess if it's being attacked..

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1