Helpful ReplyRelocating SD2 content

Author
dantarbill
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1820
2011/06/09 15:07:49 (permalink)

Relocating SD2 content

I'm trying to speed up VST/VSTi scanning on my system by moving files that aren't specifically VST dll's out of the VST directory trees where possible.  I've been able to make this work for Session Drummer 3, because it has registry entries that specify where the Content is located.

Does anyone (with deep intimate knowledge of Session Drummer 2) know how to get SD2 to look somewhere other than the directory where the .dll was launched from, for its content?

Dan Tarbill
AT
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re:Relocating SD2 content 2011/06/09 15:16:30 (permalink)
Dan,

you can stop SONAR from scanning on start up, you know.  But I have no idea about redirecting SD2's directory, tho I suppose there is a registry hack for it.  Hopefully someone more knowledgeble than me can help w/ that.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
dantarbill
Re:Relocating SD2 content 2011/06/09 15:23:34 (permalink)
AT

Dan,

you can stop SONAR from scanning on start up, you know.  But I have no idea about redirecting SD2's directory, tho I suppose there is a registry hack for it.  Hopefully someone more knowledgeble than me can help w/ that.

@
I'm already not scanning on startup.  I'm trying to save time when I actually have to scan.  It seems kinda pointless to have a bunch of content directories flash by that won't have dll's in them.  When the directories have lots of entries, determining that there are no dll's of interest, takes a significant amount of time.

Dan Tarbill
techead
Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4353
Re:Relocating SD2 content 2011/06/10 08:49:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
The SD2 uses the expression engine components like Rapture, Dim Pro, and many other Cakewalk instruments.  All of these ee-based instruments have a "Content Folder" parameter and a "Multisample Folder" parameter which can be manipulated in the Windows registry to modify where they look for their "stuff".
dantarbill
Re:Relocating SD2 content 2011/06/10 11:41:52 (permalink)
techead

The SD2 uses the expression engine components like Rapture, Dim Pro, and many other Cakewalk instruments.  All of these ee-based instruments have a "Content Folder" parameter and a "Multisample Folder" parameter which can be manipulated in the Windows registry to modify where they look for their "stuff".
I had already tried that and it failed...but...this time I found out why it failed.  SD3 also has registry entries for the Documentation and Resources folders.  (Note that these refer to the actual folders, not the folder that contains the folders.)  This was a herring that made me believe that SD2 worked the same way.  I had only relocated the Content folder...and SD2 failed to open.  Moving the Documentation and Resources folders to the same place was the "secret sauce" that made it work.

Dan Tarbill
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1