Thanks for the info re wifi gear

Author
Grandpa Tunes
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 381
2011/06/20 08:45:14 (permalink)

Thanks for the info re wifi gear

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

I think the computer will stayed hard wired to the router (linksys 1000).  The other devices I want to use to access the internet are a blu ray player and a lcd tv. (both Samsung)  Their owner's manuals recommend using a samsung wiso9abgn wifi usb adapters.  Apparently, these adapters don't work very well with 3rd party devices so they got some pretty lousy reviews. 

After a more careful reading of the Samsung owner's manuals, I discovered a warning against using these adapters on 3rd party devices. Duh

Have any of you had any experience with these wiso9abgn wifi usb adapters or these kinds of network hook-ups?

Regards,

GT

If you don't know where you're going, you can't lost.

1 Reply Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Thanks for the info re wifi gear 2011/06/20 10:20:14 (permalink)
    What blows me away is that running my computer hardwired, listening to music on the various servers that people here use..... I sometimes have buffer issues, while the music stops to allow more to load.....

But I can set in the den, and watch netflix via wifi on my Wii, and it runs flawlessly.   Go figure!

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1