USB 3

Author
lampoonland
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 56
2011/06/22 12:55:43 (permalink)

USB 3

Sorry if this is a dumb question.I've been using usb 2 ports,but a potential upgrade in pc utilizes usb 3 ports;is the v100 compatible with usb 3?
Cheers.

3 Replies Related Threads

jre
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7
    Re:USB 3 2011/06/22 13:54:39 (permalink)
    I'm sure it'll work.  USB3 ports are compatible with USB2 devices.
    Have fun,
    Joe
    lampoonland
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 56
    Re:USB 3 2011/06/22 14:00:17 (permalink)
    I did think that,just wanted to make sure.
    Thanks man
    jbow
    Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7601
    Re:USB 3 2011/06/25 18:41:42 (permalink)
    When is 3.0 going to be implemented? It sounds like it will really be a good thing, especially with W7 64bit, and a 10,000RPM SSD.
    it seems like technology is really coming together and will bring the DAW to a level we don't comprehend and affordable for all... I truy believe that it is all about to come together on every front, from the OS, to the software, to the interface, to give us more that we ever dreamed or imagined. Performance we expected to see in 10 or 20 years is coming within a year or two... I think. Of course as usual... I reserve the right to be completely wrong but I don't think I am. I think things are going to improve exponentially in the next year or so.

These are my expectations, I don't have any inside info but I can see the trend and I can see what has happened in other, related technology in the last few tears and I can see things like USB 3.0 coming.... and I think that USB 3.0 is going to change things more we know... (when coupled with all the other advances) we are on the cusp of going from thinking about latency, drivers, hardware conflicts, etc... to things running so well and so fast that we will be hard pressed to find a problem.

The glass is not half full... it is about to overflow.

GPU, USB 3.0, Silverlight, HTML5, cloud computing, more and more coming together in a synergystic way to make something we don't yet see... but it is going to be amazing. Heck in a couple of years we may have wireless hard drives that are faster than anything ever seen. Then one day we will get a computer that will calculate our habits and tendencies and begin to anticipate what we are going to do and constantly improve until recording great sounds will be so much easier for even the dummies like me.  The cream will always rise to the top, but a rising tide still lifts all boats.

Then in a few more years we may be talking about some new development where we use some kind of biofeedback to add elements, tweak sounds, or perhaps even do a scratch track. A dreamer, perhaps.. but remember in 1865 the Civil War ended with horse cavalry, mule drawn wagons, muzzle loading rifles, and canon... (some early breech loaders but still black powder, horses, swords, and muzzle loaders mostly). Now stop and think about this. That 80 years later... just 80 years later in 1945... WW II was ended with an atom bomb dropped from a airplane... I say airplane to emphacize that the airplane was just a notion of a man with wings strapped on at the end of the CW. They had observation balloons but that was all.
    In the 1960s we went to the moon using a pocket calculator the size of a house. In the 1970s no one imagined we might have a wireless telephone small enough to fit in our pocket... or the WWW???? Really?? I can sit here and tyoe a few letters on my keyoard and be in realtime contact with almost anyone, anyplace in the world and not just words but live webcams. All with ease and really cheap. Think of all the things you can do online right now with a smart phone.. and then remember that it was only 14-15 years ago when most of us began to use the internet. Yeah, I had a Vic-20 and a Commodore-64 in the 1980s but those were NOTHING like the computers we buy today for a few hundred bucks.

Knowledge increases exponentially. We are moving toward a convergence of SO much technology and when it comes together... (and soon) it is going to be a quantum leap and digital recording of summer 2011 is going to be looked at like The BEATLES recording Sgt. Peppers on a 4 track tape machine, which I am sure you know... they did... but the word amazing falls far short of what is soon, very soon coming. 

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you dont

Julien
    post edited by jbow - 2011/06/26 10:36:07

Sonar Platinum
    Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
    HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1