Blue Waltz

Author
Purple Rhapsody
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 469
2011/06/25 16:24:28 (permalink)

Blue Waltz

Hi,

I've been suffering from a bit of writer's block recently, or I guess you could say a crisis of confidence in my abilities. Many of you on here have probably been through something similar at some time.

However, I'm not telling you this because I need sympathy or support... I'm telling you because I'm through it!!!! It's a marvellous feeling and I'd just like to share with you the first piece of music I've worked on for a few weeks.

It's called Blue Waltz and here's the direct link.

http://soundcloud.com/purplerhapsody/blue-waltz

I've also blogged a little bit about my block and you can read that on my website (link in my sig).

Cheers,
Terry.

Purple Rhapsody - emotions without words http://purplerhapsody.co.uk/

8 Replies Related Threads

morenoise
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1074
    Re:Blue Waltz 2011/06/25 16:34:14 (permalink)
    Hi Terry, nice one, you can't go wrong with a nice waltz, hope you didn't mean that bit about adding synths and changing it, you'd be mad I tell you, mad 

Greetings, Rik
    Purple Rhapsody
    Re:Blue Waltz 2011/06/25 16:36:58 (permalink)
    Lol

Thanks Rik. My next album has a very synthesiser and electric guitar based sound so if this was to make it onto there it would have to be a very different piece of music. And so it will most likely stay exactly as it is and be on a much more sedate album in the future.

Thanks for listening.

Terry.

Scottytunes
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5695
    Re:Blue Waltz 2011/06/25 18:22:51 (permalink)
    Gorgeous just as it is. Don't change a thing!

String Jammer
    Janet
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:Blue Waltz 2011/06/25 19:47:26 (permalink)
    You?!  Crisis of confidence in your abilities??1!  What is this world coming to?  I NEVER woulda thunk it in a million years!  And even more than that, I can't even imagine WHY you'd ever have a lack of confidence.  Wow...I mean, where does that leave me if YOU have a lack of confidence?

Although, I've sorta been stuck myself lately and part of it is exactly that.  (But I still can't believe it coming from you!)

Anyway...the piece....is just beautiful.  I tried to imagine what it came from (the original depressing one).  I think I can sorta hear it.  This would be beautiful slowed down too, I think.  But it's wonderful just the way it is...the flute and oboe??, the piano obviously, chord progression, melody...just beautiful.  For some reason, I want to call it 6/8 instead of 3/4, but who cares anyway?  :)  Very very nice!  I love the repeating motif.

Listening again... if you get bored some day, try slowing it down.  I think if a person WANTS to be contemplative or even cry, this would be the perfect soundscape if a little slower.  :)

(see Scott... I CAN talk sometimes.  Just don't feel like it very often.)  :)
    Scottytunes
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5695
    Re:Blue Waltz 2011/06/25 20:14:34 (permalink)
    Okay Janet, I hear ya.

String Jammer
    Janet
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8094
    miguelito
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 391
    Re:Blue Waltz 2011/06/25 23:44:54 (permalink)
    Really enjoyed this piece. As other have mentioned I'd leave just like it is. It doesn't need any enhancements.

Mike

A Roseberry racer w/
    Win7 Pro (64) fully loaded
    RME UFX Fireface;
    Sonar X2;
    Guitars and amps. 
    Axon 100 MKII,
    M-Audio Keystation Pro 88,
    Komplete 
    All software latest revision

Purple Rhapsody
    Re:Blue Waltz 2011/06/26 13:15:46 (permalink)
    Thanks to all who have listened.

Scott: Thanks! I promise only to improve it, not to change it... hopefully that's not a contradiction. I'm thinking of adding a cello towards the end :-$

Janet: Thanks for the vote of confidence ;-) and thanks for the compliments on the music :-D. Where does it leave you? Exactly where you've always been...! I just had to get over the fact that a couple of failures in arranging music didn't mean I was completely useless - it just meant that I might have bitten off more than I could chew and should stop trying to take such large leaps. Goodness, that sounds like a lecture... sorry!

Mike: Thanks! I'll try to leave it alone... ;-)

Cheers,
    Terry.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1