STICK IT /LICKEM - PULLED

Author
radio
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2782
2011/06/27 16:38:43 (permalink)

STICK IT /LICKEM - PULLED

Whats in your pocket , FIVE chords Steven !
post edited by radio - 2011/06/27 22:22:11

5 Replies Related Threads

Scottytunes
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5695
    Re:STICK IT /LICKEM - FIVE CHORDS 2011/06/27 17:10:02 (permalink)
    Basically this is just a D minor chord with some note variations.

String Jammer
    vechung
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 818
    Re:STICK IT /LICKEM - FIVE CHORDS 2011/06/27 17:29:33 (permalink)
    Sounds bluesy, but the track cut off around 0:30

http://www.soundclick.com/vicentechung
    https://soundcloud.com/thefoundandthelost

Vicente 

Sonar Platinum, Live 10, Motu 828, Ozone 7
    radio
    Re:STICK IT /LICKEM - FIVE CHORDS 2011/06/27 18:34:30 (permalink)
    Scottytunes

Basically this is just a D minor chord with some note variations.

Nope DM is not in my five chord list but you did make a point about some note variation .
    One of my chords has B-A-G in there , stepping down using one basic Major G 1st inversion chord .

One other thing you can start with one chord and move one finger up or down a note , now you have a different sound and chord variation .
    The rules are simple , anything is allowed if it sounds good .
    Oh everything I was playing was on the low end of the keyboard , maybe thats where DM comes in to play .

post edited by radio - 2011/06/27 18:45:46

dlogan
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2544
    Re:STICK IT /LICKEM - FIVE CHORDS 2011/06/28 08:53:19 (permalink)
    Just my opinion - I think it's not about how many chords. It's about a sense of movement. If the music is a path, does it take you on any detours? Or is it just walking down a straight stretch of sidewalk in the suburbs, if you know what I mean.
    radio
    Re:STICK IT /LICKEM - FIVE CHORDS 2011/06/28 09:24:06 (permalink)
    dlogan

Just my opinion - I think it's not about how many chords. It's about a sense of movement. If the music is a path, does it take you on any detours? Or is it just walking down a straight stretch of sidewalk in the suburbs, if you know what I mean.

There have been hit songs where they only used THREE chords and they were hit songs , the mix between music , lyrics and vocals has a big effect on the song as a whole .
    The other day sitting at Burgerville I hear this song on the radio , it had the same repeating texture of music running through the whole song with hardly any breaks in it except for drum fills .
    The melody played a big part in making that song a radio hit plus the lyrics written for the song and the way the song was sung .
    My song has those very same music elements , now all I need to do is write a good song , the power of your voice plays a big role when making a good song .
    You can have any type of music that sounds great , if the lyrics are bad and the vocals don't work with the lyrics written for the song it doesn't matter how great the music is the song is going to sound DEAD .

Doesn't really matter I like the music I created just the way it is , doesn't matter what everyone else thinks .
    When I completely finished the song with written lyrics and vocal then you or the others can judge the song as a whole .
    There are those who were too quick to trash this music I created for my new song , they hear the song without lyrics and vocal and suddenly its a bad song .
    By the end of July I guess those who dislike me can poke more holes in something I created .

We'll see by the end of July if this new song is good or bad , see yea !

Radio

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1