Just Tell Me That You Love Me

Author
A1MixMan
Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1706
2011/08/07 21:15:59 (permalink)

Just Tell Me That You Love Me

Recorded entirely with Sonar X1 in 64bit Win7, at 24bit 96kHz.

http://www.brentradio.com/X1/JUST%20TELL%20THAT%20YOU%20LOVE%20ME.mp3
post edited by A1MixMan - 2011/08/07 21:18:53

A1

9 Replies Related Threads

Starise
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7563
    Re:Just Tell Me That You Love Me 2011/08/08 10:49:20 (permalink)
     I'm not sure why you have had no other comments on your song. I really liked the arrangement overall. The vocals were good!

Let me start off by saying I am no expert here, only a listener, so what I say is JMO. The drums didn't  sit in the mix well to my ears, not bad really but in need of some more attention. The overall volume is low,at least listening on my setup. Actually I have that same problem on my mix right now, so let me know if you find a way to correct that issue.

Great arrangement and really nice vocals!
    whack
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1188
    Re:Just Tell Me That You Love Me 2011/08/08 11:16:17 (permalink)
    Great song,well song, well arranged and the instrumentation is excellent. Particularly love those backing vox that come in.

As Starise says, I also noticed that the overall volume level of the track was a bit low, may benefit from a little boost11 so that its limiting a db or two of the loudest part of the track.

The drums were ok, thought the patter was ok, the snare was a little bottom heavy I thought and maybe needed more "crack", maybe someone else could comment on that.

Cian

www.cmcgmusic.com

Melody and Meaning
    malcolmb
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 713
    Re:Just Tell Me That You Love Me 2011/08/08 15:04:41 (permalink)
    I very much like this piece. Is it a cover or original? The vocals are stunning and the orchestration excellent. Other than agreeing with Starise and whack, my only very minor comment is that I felt the guitar solo towards the end was a bit long and could be improved with a little more variation (and perhaps one more verse - I love her voice!).

Best Regards
    Malcolm

HS 7 XL
    XP Prof.
    4 GB memory
    GPO, VSL, Music Lab Real Guitar/LPC, EWQLSC, Vocaloid Miriam/Avanna 
    Soundcard - Marian Marc 4 Midi

www.soundclick.com/malcolmbrown
    www.soundclick.com/lylemusic
    www.youtube.com/user/LyleMusic
    A1MixMan
    Re:Just Tell Me That You Love Me 2011/08/09 21:55:45 (permalink)
    Thanks for the input. This is an original song. The singer is a professional opera singer, and we were lucky to get her on this song. Yeah, our mixing and mastering skills are still a work in progress.

A1
    stillnotbanned
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 37
    Re:Just Tell Me That You Love Me 2011/08/09 22:26:38 (permalink)
    Mixman, I haven't been around much or listened to much lately? But I wanted to listen to your tune (thanks for your comments on WTF :-)

I really like the violin? It's midi, but I like what it adds to the song. If Scotty played it... Man :-) 

I like your singer! And I "particularly enjoy your song..." Really, really good. And this girl is really a great singer. She has "deep talent..." And that's coming from a singer ;-) I visualize her as hot :-) No need to post a pic, she just sounds hot :-) 

Really a great production. How the bgv vox came in, with the acoustic in the beginning? I turned it up, and listened "carefully" on the ultrasone 650s. It's a nice "country" song? 

Now the advice... You need to mix this up louder? I couldn't hear it well enough (even cranked) to really comment on the mix? From what I can hear? It feels not unlike a 3rd date? It would be better wetter?

I do really like your song though, really a good job there.

"Rockin" Robby.
    Bub
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7196
    Re:Just Tell Me That You Love Me 2011/08/10 02:14:26 (permalink)
    Great song.

Mix wise ...

You have the high end rolled off way too much. The drums aren't sitting in the mix right and take over the song when they come in. The snare needs a lot less bottom on it and the crash sticks out too much. The lead guitar is out front too much and needs to be brighter and further back. It kind of sounds like a live recording which isn't always good if you know what I mean. The break part is a little too quick for my liking. It's a great idea, but it needs to start sooner, or go longer before it comes to a stop. In other words, from the time the strings start and come to the sudden stop is too short imo.

I opened up the EQ in WMP and boosted a peak/dip type curve at 8kHz and it really livened it up to my ears, but I can hear why you have it rolled off, especially on the vocals, when I do that.

The only other thing is, this song is begging for some steel guitar. You're almost there! These things are all simple and quick to fix.

I really like the song!

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
    vechung
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 818
    Re:Just Tell Me That You Love Me 2011/08/10 09:42:22 (permalink)
    Nicely recorded voice.  Excellent arrangement and production. 

I would put the drums in the center.  Did put one of the channel out of phase?  I would reduce the crashes and double snares during the guitar solo.

http://www.soundclick.com/vicentechung
    https://soundcloud.com/thefoundandthelost

Vicente 

Sonar Platinum, Live 10, Motu 828, Ozone 7
    A1MixMan
    Re:Just Tell Me That You Love Me 2011/08/11 18:21:32 (permalink)
    Wow guys thanks for the great tips and praise. Yes she is a great singer, and not too bad to look at either. Yes, it's a country song, and I WISH we had some steel guitar in there.

A1
    Maxprizm
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 824
    Re:Just Tell Me That You Love Me 2011/08/11 20:42:26 (permalink)
    Great vocals, I would rethink the reverb treatment. Tails are kinda distracting in the verses. Sounds like some phase issues on the vocals as well, (V-vocal?) Mix could use some more low end, feels empty down there. Definitely needs more volume as others have said, that's a simple fix though. Good stuff, great potential.

Ed Edge

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1