Beautiful (Take Three)

Author
Metaphasic
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 262
2011/09/03 16:45:51 (permalink)

Beautiful (Take Three)

Hopefully, this will be the last one of these. =)

I stayed up most of last night reworking this whole thing and I think the results are a lot better, with the obvious exception that my voice just plain sucks.

What I did was adjust the four drum tracks so that they were balanced, with the desired effects, then put slight compression on the drum buss. At this point, the drum buss peaked at just a hair over 0db with great sound.

Next, I adjusted all the synth tracks so that they were balanced as well, with the desired effects, using the bass line as the focus (most prominent). I then added slight compression to the synth buss so that, like with the drums, it too peaked at just over 0db with great sound.

Next, I set all vocal tracks to 0db, and all were just over in the meters, so that was good. I then added medium compression to the vocal buss, for more consistent volumes, dropped in an eq and a very short reverb. This buss peaked a little louder due to the compression, so I brought it down to -1db.

Finally, a very light compression was added to the master buss and I think the overall effect turned out real nice. The vocals cut through without being too loud, or drowning out the music.

Tell me what you guys think.
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11010106

3 Replies Related Threads

Janet
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:Beautiful (Take Three) 2011/09/03 17:47:02 (permalink)
    I haven't heard any of the others.  I'm just listening on my laptop, but this sounds like a really cool tune. Well done!
    Metaphasic
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 262
    Re:Beautiful (Take Three) 2011/09/04 00:57:30 (permalink)
    Thanks a bunch Janet! =D
    philz
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2462
    Re:Beautiful (Take Three) 2011/09/04 11:19:01 (permalink)
    While the song falls outside of the range of what I normally like, the instrumentation and mix sound pretty much there.  The song itself moves along nicely if somewhat repetitive, but I think that's okay for this style.  To make this shine you will need a vocalist.  It would be great if you could come up with someone local.  I enjoyed the listen nonetheless.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1