Note di viaggio - my latest album is published!

Author
bosone
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 167
2011/09/05 11:53:16 (permalink)

Note di viaggio - my latest album is published!

I finally published my latest album on bandcamp, actually a 5 track instrumental EP consisting, in which the electrical guitar is the main actor.

Note di Viaggio

the genre is a sort of melodic instrumental rock, i could not define myself as a guitar hero... so don't expect shredding or impossible solos like Vai or Petrucci! :)

All the songs were written, played, arranged and recorded by me using guitars, bass and my computer with:
Sonar 8.5 producer, Rayzoon Jamstix and Steven Slate for the drum parts, Garritan Personal Orchestra for the orchestral sounds (yes, there are some in the arrangements, even if very subtle...), some synths (Kontakt 3.5, sonar 8.5 true pianos, korg 01, TG77, wusikstation, Z3ta...) and Sonic Core soundcard for guitars and bass processing, Mix and Master.

here is the album release notes:

"Note di viaggio" translates in english as "Travel notes".
I began to write these pieces just before being engaged with my girlfriend Costanza and I finished to compose them almost one and half year later.
This music, for me, is a description of the emotions and the feelings that came along during this time with her.
All the songs are instrumentals, and all the italian titles (as well as the music!) represent the sensation of a particular moment we lived togehter during this marvellous journey. For this reason I decided not to translate them in english, because it would ruin my link with the music itself. I hope you will be able to enjoy the listening as I enjoyed to play and record the album!

(...and if you like it please support my music by buying it!
:wink: )

listen to my music at
www.alchemystudio.it

8 Replies Related Threads

thepogue
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2458
    Re:Note di viaggio - my latest album is published! 2011/09/05 19:40:44 (permalink)
    sorry could get it to play
    bosone
    Re:Note di viaggio - my latest album is published! 2011/09/06 02:31:19 (permalink)
    it's strange, the link works and the songs are playing here and on friend's computers.
    check your browser, maybe...

listen to my music at
    www.alchemystudio.it
    thepogue
    Re:Note di viaggio - my latest album is published! 2011/09/06 10:35:49 (permalink)
    tried again...nothing...when I click on the play arrow nothing happens....
    bosone
    Re:Note di viaggio - my latest album is published! 2011/09/08 02:49:27 (permalink)
    i don't know what to tell you beside to change your browser...

listen to my music at
    www.alchemystudio.it
    miguelito
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 391
    Re:Note di viaggio - my latest album is published! 2011/09/08 04:17:20 (permalink)
    I only listened to the first cut. Very nicely done playing wise and production wise. FWIW: using IE8

Mike

A Roseberry racer w/
    Win7 Pro (64) fully loaded
    RME UFX Fireface;
    Sonar X2;
    Guitars and amps. 
    Axon 100 MKII,
    M-Audio Keystation Pro 88,
    Komplete 
    All software latest revision

thepogue
    Re:Note di viaggio - my latest album is published! 2011/09/08 10:54:37 (permalink)
    guess Firefox doesn't work....its all good.
    cwestmont
    • Total Posts : 379
    Re:Note di viaggio - my latest album is published! 2011/09/12 15:29:10 (permalink)
    Hi Matteo,
    I am listening to it just fine through Firefox 3.6.20 -- although it would not play at first, so I had to hit reload once or twice on the page. 

I am only three tracks in, but it is very nicely done -- your description of 'melodic instrumental rock' captures it very well.  I am vaguely reminded of Camel, or maybe Steve Hackett or Steve Howe.  Dating myself, for sure. 

Congrats on getting the release done -- and not least, your engagement as well!

My music:
    Hummingbird Cinema (vocal tracks, covers and remixes)
    Mosaic Manifesto  (remixes and instrumentals)
    "If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?"- Shantideva

One can acquire everything in solitude - except character. -- Marie Henri Beyle

Windows 7
    Intel Core i7-4770 3.4 GHz
    8 GigaBytes DRAM
    Sonar X3
    Roland QuadCapture
    cwestmont
    • Total Posts : 379
    Re:Note di viaggio - my latest album is published! 2011/09/12 15:31:15 (permalink)
    Hi Matteo,
    I am listening to it just fine through Firefox 3.6.20 -- although it would not play at first, so I had to hit reload once or twice on the page. 

I am only three tracks in, but it is very nicely done -- your description of 'melodic instrumental rock' captures it very well.  I am vaguely reminded of Camel, or maybe Steve Hackett or Steve Howe.  Dating myself, for sure. 

Congrats on getting the release done -- and not least, your engagement as well!

My music:
    Hummingbird Cinema (vocal tracks, covers and remixes)
    Mosaic Manifesto  (remixes and instrumentals)
    "If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?"- Shantideva

One can acquire everything in solitude - except character. -- Marie Henri Beyle

Windows 7
    Intel Core i7-4770 3.4 GHz
    8 GigaBytes DRAM
    Sonar X3
    Roland QuadCapture
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1