Bus/Effects Problem

Author
MetalTeK
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 199
2011/10/03 19:56:29 (permalink)

Bus/Effects Problem

Okay, I'm using MC5.  I'm running my guitar direct through my soundcard.  I recorded some tracks and then use "insert send assistant" and create an effect bus to add my amp sim to.  And then send my 4 guitar tracks to that bus to save on CPU power.

If I don't change my track outputs to that bus, I can hear the original recording (which is clean) mixed in underneath the effects of the amp sim.  I've used a couple different amp sims and still get the same result.

Although when I switch my track outputs to the bus with the amp sim on it, it sounds great.  But I lose all control of track panning, volume, etc.   All 4 guitar tracks are now controlled by the one bus.  I don't remember this being a problem before.

So is there another way to get rid of the background recording besides switching  my outputs.  Or am I inserting my effects bus incorrectly? 

Thanks!

3 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Bus/Effects Problem 2011/10/04 00:46:02 (permalink)
    This is the P5 forum, not the music creator.

But you have made a send for your guitars, so unless the sends are 100% wet the tracks will pass a percentage of the dry (uneffected) sound onto the main bus.  Make it 100% or just create a "guitar" bus and route the guitars there directly.  Put your amp sim on the insert and route it back to the main.  Either way will get you full amp sim sound.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    MetalTeK
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 199
    Re:Bus/Effects Problem 2011/10/04 12:55:32 (permalink)
      When I went back in the MC forum and saw my post wasn't there I knew I misplaced it.  Just spent 10 mins looking for It.  I obviously wasn't paying attention.

Anyway....Thanks a lot for the tip.

salejerseys
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Bus/Effects Problem 2011/11/02 03:35:24 (permalink)
    Thank you for information sharing, it useful to me.

Dallas Cowboys Jerseys
    youth cowboys jersey
    Womens Cowboys Jersey
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1