Cakewalk Publisher FTP Problem

Author
gcolbert
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1176
2011/10/08 15:06:30 (permalink)

Cakewalk Publisher FTP Problem

So I've been trying to get this to work for about a month now with unacceptable results. 

I can build a play list, attach images, configure the player,  and publish the whole package to an FTP server on my home network.  Everything works fine at this level.  However, when I set up an account to upload the package to my web site (Linux server hosted at Go Daddy) things quit working.  It tries to upload each of the files.  It makes a file for each of them (The .xspf, .swf, .jpg, and ,mp3 files) on the remote server, but the FTP fails and the files on the remote server are zero bytes.

I have my Windows fire wall configured to allow Publisher to connect back and I regularly do FTP files using the computer that I am trying to publish from over the internet (so I don't think it is the router firewall).  What I think I may be up against is that Go-Daddy only allows passive FTP on my Linux host and I'm thinking that Cakewalk Publisher might not know how to do this. 

Is any one else able to use Cakewalk Publisher to FTP to a Go-Daddy account?  If so, do you have any hints, tips, or suggestions that might help me out?

Thanks
Glen

1 Reply Related Threads

gcolbert
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1176
    Re:Cakewalk Publisher FTP Problem 2011/10/24 14:33:22 (permalink)
    Is any one else able to use Cakewalk Publisher to FTP to a Go-Daddy account?

BUMP
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1