My first stab at some cinematic music

Author
hellogoodbye
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1343
2011/10/21 13:46:17 (permalink)

My first stab at some cinematic music

I bought Spitfire's Albion this week (birthday present!). I am a bit moving towards orchestral music. Here is my first tune (or should I say composition... ): nothing special, simply me fooling around and figuring what is what and how the heck it all works. Still a lot to learn (got to lose those popsong habits, haha!) but I do now already Albion is awesome!

http://soundcloud.com/jeroen-van-engelenhoven/first-albion

Sonar 8.5 PE, Edirol FA-66, Behringer C-1. All instruments in my songs are VSTi's. 
Check out Soundclick

3 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:My first stab at some cinematic music 2011/10/21 13:49:43 (permalink)
    Nice tune..... I enjoyed it a lot. 

I remember the song Glass from way back.... Good to see you're still around and composing. 

That's a good song. 
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2011/10/21 13:55:44

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    All4Him
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 37
    Re:My first stab at some cinematic music 2011/10/21 14:17:38 (permalink)
    Wow! I really like this. Sounds great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sonar Producer X3, Intel i5, 8Gb Ram,  Win 7 64bit,
    MOTU 896mk3, Event 20/20 bas, M-Audio Axiom 61
    hellogoodbye
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1343
    Re:My first stab at some cinematic music 2011/10/21 14:46:54 (permalink)
    LOL Someone who remembers a song of me! Thanks, Guitarhacker! (And also thanks All4Him.)

Yes, I've been out of the loop for quite some time, mainly because I can't come up with good lyrics and I don't like to record my voice: too much stress, haha! Little by little I started thinking about making instrumental music, but instrumental pop or rock is er... I don't know, not my cup of tea. So I started thinking about going orchestral and then a bit more cinematic than classic.
    After a LOT of reading and listening I went for Albion, mainly because it gives you a great sound and realistic results (almost) out of the box! Where the usual classical libraries need a lof of input to get realistic results (a lot of layering of instuments), Albion gives you a 'painter's palette' with which you can create nice things pretty quickly (although it takes a lot more editing than I thought, specially modulation data!).

I am not planning to actually make music for movies but I intend to have a lot of FUN while creating music that's totally different from what I've done before. I was a bit of a lazy composer when it came to pop and rock (a LOT of copied midi data all over the place: repeat and repeat again) and you can still hear that in this tune. The next step will be 'real' cinematic music, where lots of things are happening and where repetitions are almost non existing.... It's going to be great. I hope... (It's a bit daunting too... )

Sonar 8.5 PE, Edirol FA-66, Behringer C-1. All instruments in my songs are VSTi's. 
    Check out Soundclick
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1