New Flightsim Music Video

Author
radio
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2782
2011/10/25 03:07:42 (permalink)

New Flightsim Music Video

Hi Everyone , this video project was sort stretched out because I had some computer issues and personal issue here at home but tonight I finslly finished it .
The music was posted a month ago , at that time I had started working on this PVA-X flightsim video .
The airplane was all red , I repainted it myself and that took me a week working on it alittle each night .

Anyway here it is for those who like alittle bit of fresh air in the virtual skies !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8RUD3S3xUQ
post edited by radio - 2011/10/25 03:13:30

23 Replies Related Threads

radio
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/10/28 02:11:15 (permalink)
    SeriousNoise

James, I like this, I like anything to do with flight or space travel. The music was a bit laid back though, no offense meant. I'd like to hear you go a bit crazy from time to time with your music for these videos, some surprises.  

LOL, Same could be said about my music no doubt about that. 

My only other suggestion would be that you change the title to something that reflects more so to what the music was intended to mean for the flight simulation, Or that is what you were feeling when playing the song to better reflect what it is all about with the music.

Maybe something like say "Dreaming Awake While Asleep", LOL, I know that title isn't worth a flip. What I am getting at is give your music a title then add it to the flight simulation instead of naming it a plane. 

Great work! I wish I could do video like that and the music is great also, it just needs some better highlights or moments or drama I should say. JMO. No offense meant. 

Bobby

Thanks Bobby for being the first to comment on this video , as for the music it is what it is laid back type of music .
    The title stands for Pinellas Virtual Airline ( PVA ) , the X ( XPlane ) so I titled it PVA-X  .
    I made it for a long time flightsim buddy of mine  , ten years flightsimming in his VA .

Anyway thanks for checking it out and commented on my video , cheers !

Radio 

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/10/28 09:07:14 (permalink)
    Nice job...

I've always enjoyed flying. As a private pilot (mostly Cessna 150,152, 172) that was a blast..... finances being what they are with a family, I had to give up the real birds and replace them with the sims...... 

Pretty realistic looking in a few places in the video. 

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    radio
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/10/29 14:33:10 (permalink)
    Guitarhacker

Nice job...

I've always enjoyed flying. As a private pilot (mostly Cessna 150,152, 172) that was a blast..... finances being what they are with a family, I had to give up the real birds and replace them with the sims...... 

Pretty realistic looking in a few places in the video. 

Thanks herb for your comment on my flightsim music video  , I didn't know you flew for real thats cool .
    About all the real flying I have done in the past was when I flew with my Dad back when I was young in the fifth grade .
    He flew Cessna 172's , and a few other single engine airplane like the old Piper cub .

Back then he offered to pay for my private pilot lessons but I turned it down , that was dumb because now days it cost almost $10,000.00 .
    And plus the cost of renting a plane after you get your private pilots license .
    My Dad used it for Real Estate , he sold land so he used to go up and take photos of the land his company was selling .

Thanks again for checking it out and commenting , yes some of the flightsims I have do look real . I use alot of Real scenery addons for FS2004 and XPlane 9 and the scenery looks as real as flying over land for real  .

Cheers ! Radio

post edited by radio - 2011/10/29 14:34:12

Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/10/29 16:19:38 (permalink)
    It was much cheaper at the time.... around $35 per hour wet. 

I did my PP in 42 hrs and under $1500 IIRC, still rather costly for a hobby.  After I got married....soon after getting the PP ticket, my wife & I opted to save money for a house down payment and then of course, the mortgage.....kids.... life.... so flying was relegated to the computer every now and then.

It was lots of fun but aside from doing a bit of aerial photography, there was no financial incentive in flying, and to get a CFI was almost 200 hrs of flying at $35/hr ..... so that was out too. 

I knew I was in trouble however when my daughter, who some time later decided to fly the sim and was flying it one night. I was setting there doing something else. I looked up to see my daughter take off in a Boeing passenger jet from Newark, and proceed to fly to NYC where she crashed into the twin towers.... I was like..... "Girl? What are you DOING?"  She just giggled.... 
    Kids, where do they get such ideas? 

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    radio
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/10/29 20:08:56 (permalink)

Thats funny Herb , did she get hook on flightsimming or loose interest in it .
    I spent way too much money on that hobby enought to buy an expensive drum set and now most are dust collectors and outdated .
    It doesn't have to be a expensive hobby because theres always a ton of free airplanes and scenery addons you can buy for FS9 or FSX now but for me five years ago music took over and flightsimming ended up in storage untill recently .

The only reason now for getting back into it is because I wanted something to go with my music .
    I have a few other simulators like Subs and a few other simulator for space .
    My next video is going to be a space video using the Mercury astronaut software I have , its almost like the real deal and very complex flying it the hard way but they have a quickie set up where it blast off into space and then a splashdown .

See what happens  , its not going to happen this month or next month maybe in Dec .

Cheers ! Radio

timidi
    Max Output Level: -21 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5449
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/10/29 20:27:03 (permalink)
    This is really great Radio. Very well crafted and executed. I don't know anything about video production but I was just listening and seeing the music within the video, which I guess, is the idea. Well done. 

ASUS P8P67, i7-2600K, CORSAIR 16GB, HIS 5450, 3 Samsung SSD 850, Win7 64, RME AIO.

https://timbowman.bandcamp.com/releases

radio
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/10/30 14:02:21 (permalink)
    timidi

This is really great Radio. Very well crafted and executed. I don't know anything about video production but I was just listening and seeing the music within the video, which I guess, is the idea. Well done. 

Hey thanks your comments on my video and music . For me its fun , its a way to add my own music to the video I enjoy making so the whole world on youtube can hopefully enjoy and here too .
    I wish I could afford some  professional video & editing software but for now what I'm working with now seems to work for me .
    Thanks Timidi ! Radio  

Purple Rhapsody
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 469
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/10/30 15:12:08 (permalink)
    Music was nice and laid back - fit the idea of smooth flying perfectly.

Sounded pretty well produced and put together too.

Cheers,
    Terry.

Purple Rhapsody - emotions without words http://purplerhapsody.co.uk/
    Janet
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/10/30 21:43:16 (permalink)
    Really nice, James.  :) 
    radio
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/10/30 23:50:49 (permalink)
    Purple Rhapsody

Music was nice and laid back - fit the idea of smooth flying perfectly.

Sounded pretty well produced and put together too.

Cheers,
    Terry.

Cool Terry thanks , my next flightsim video I think is going to be a space type video using this cool Mercury sapce rocket simulator I have  .
    Its really cool , problem is its sort complex to run and I haven't messed around with it for years so its going to take a weel or so to work with it again but its cool .
    Thanks for the comments on this music flightsim video , glad you enjoyed it !

Radio

radio
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/10/30 23:53:46 (permalink)
    Janet

Is that your son cool ! Thanks for watching , glad you enjoyed the video and music .
    Tell your son I said he has a cool talented mother , cheers !  Radio

radio
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/10/31 10:09:31 (permalink)
    SeriousNoise

radio

Janet

Is that your son cool ! Thanks for watching , glad you enjoyed the video and music .
    Tell your son I said he has a cool talented mother , cheers !  Radio

Easy Tiger, Janet is married and happy, I think that is a picture of her grand child with her. She is happily married and has a family.  I know she's a hot chick looking at the pics and such, but hold off on the testosterone, she taken! LOL, Kinda like that comment from Cable Guy where Jim Carrey say's "Keep away from Robin, She's Taken". I think you probably know what I am talking about there. 

I'm only kidding Either way I'm sure you know that. Janet is one of the kindest people you are ever going to meet anywhere.

L8r, Rock On BRO!

Bobby

Now Bobby that never entered my mind but your just kidding right !

Janet
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/10/31 20:26:09 (permalink)
    Thanks James.  Yes, that's my oldest grandson.  He just turned 4 yesterday.  

And don't let Bobby fool you...not everyone thinks I'm the kindest person anywhere. 
    Scottytunes
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5695
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/10/31 22:08:37 (permalink)
    Woo-hooo....James takes to the skies again with another cool video hit. The music works well with flight sim vids.

String Jammer
    Bob Oister
    • Total Posts : 2766
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/11/01 04:42:43 (permalink)
    Hi, James,

Wow, very nice job on this cool flightsim video, and the soundtrack is absolutely perfect for the project!  You know, when I think about it, a lot of your instrumental music projects would also be great for cool video game soundtracks.

Anyway, really nice work, James, this is excellent!
    Bob

g_randybrown
    Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3522
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/11/02 11:13:07 (permalink)
    The second time I saw this I turned away from the screen so I wouldn't be distracted by the video...man it is silky smooth...question; how did you do the drums, are they loops (of a real drummer) or did a real drummer play them...gotta be one or the other right? Also what synths did you use?
    Thanks,
    Randy

G. Randy Brown 
    Windows 10, 64 bit, Platinum
    Intel Core i7-3770S
    Asus P8Z77-V LK mobo   
    4X8GB Corsair XMS3 memory 
    500 GB Crucial BX100 SSD (OS)
    two WD Black 1 TB HDD
    SAPPHIRE DUAL-X 100314-4L Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 
    Presonus AudioBox 22VSL
    youtube.com/crystalclearnm
    radio
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/11/03 01:39:30 (permalink)
    Scottytunes

Woo-hooo....James takes to the skies again with another cool video hit. The music works well with flight sim vids.

Hi Scotty thanks for dropping in on me  and comments on this music flightsim video .
    Been busy as heck all week with doctors and everything else so I'm just now replying here .
    Maybe I can squeeze out another one before the end of the year , hey you feel like getting together on another song project sometime down the road ? Just wondering , I know your busy with all your other music projects but I thought I would ask you anyway .
    Thanks ! Radio

post edited by radio - 2011/11/03 01:42:33

radio
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/11/03 01:44:16 (permalink)
    Bob Oister

Hi, James,

Wow, very nice job on this cool flightsim video, and the soundtrack is absolutely perfect for the project!  You know, when I think about it, a lot of your instrumental music projects would also be great for cool video game soundtracks.

Anyway, really nice work, James, this is excellent!
    Bob

Hi Bob , thanks for all the great comments on my music & video .

Thanks Buddy ! Radio

post edited by radio - 2011/11/03 01:46:48

radio
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/11/03 01:56:39 (permalink)
    g_randybrown

The second time I saw this I turned away from the screen so I wouldn't be distracted by the video...man it is silky smooth...question; how did you do the drums, are they loops (of a real drummer) or did a real drummer play them...gotta be one or the other right? Also what synths did you use?
    Thanks,
    Randy

Thanks Randy I play drums for real but not on this song for this video . I used my favorite drum software called ( Addictive Drums ) . They give you drums patterns to work with and fills to work with , if you know drums like I do working with patterns and fills is easy .
    Sometimes I will take their patterns & fills and create different drum beat patterns using two different drum patterns in my list of drums patterns in this software .
    Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't but knowing how to play drums in real life makes it easier to figure out .

Thanks for checking out my music flightsim video and your comments on my music and video .

Cheers ! Radio

radio
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/11/03 02:02:33 (permalink)
    Janet

Thanks James.  Yes, that's my oldest grandson.  He just turned 4 yesterday.  

And don't let Bobby fool you...not everyone thinks I'm the kindest person anywhere.  

Hi Janet , grandson ! I was thinking he was your son , I won't ask how old you are but you look young to me .

Nice looking grandson , are you teaching him to play piano ?  

Cheers ! Radio

radio
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/11/03 03:25:29 (permalink)
    SeriousNoise

radio

SeriousNoise

radio 

Now Bobby that never entered my mind but your just kidding right !

Ofcourse I was kidding! :-) With the exception of saying Janet is one of the kindest people you will chat with here on the forums, that's a fact!

BTW: I really do like the video, and as others have said the music fits it perfect. My suggestion for going a bit crazy at parts was just another one of my not so bright ideals you might say. 

Keep up the great work! I'd still like to see you do a space flight video, that would be awesome!

Bobby

Thanks Bobby , thats the plan a space flightsim video . Music first then the video , maybe by christmas I might be heading off into space we'll see .
    Right now I'm alittle more concerned with my heart , I have been having some chest pain issues going on in the past week or so .
    Alot of doctor appointments and other issues going on but maybe I can swing another music video sometime next month .

Cheers !
    Radio

rhynosynth
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 520
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/11/06 02:19:09 (permalink)
    Great job on both the music and the video James. Very smooth. Drums sound great and the synth work is perfect for this. Thanks.
    radio
    Re:New Flightsim Music Video 2011/11/06 07:59:38 (permalink)
    rhynosynth

Great job on both the music and the video James. Very smooth. Drums sound great and the synth work is perfect for this. Thanks.

Sorry for the slow reply I got out of the hospital the other day and didn't feel like doing much of anything .
    Thanks for watching and the comments on my music video , maybe next month I will have something alittle bit different to post in the way of flightsim video's .

Thanks Rhyosynth ! Radio

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1