The Lightbringer

Author
Dyonight
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 529
2011/11/08 23:03:20 (permalink)

The Lightbringer

Hi all!

I just noticed this forum category and that's awesome what people here are doing!

I've produced 1 year ago a band featuring my brother, my girlfriend, 2 friends and me.

We worked very hard on this and done everything in Sonar 8 studio with a modest M-Audio 1814 interface and my knowledge at that time.

It's a metal band and this song is the fastest one. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21IfTjDf8cc&feature=related

Feel free to leave comment or listen to the other songs on Youtube.

Rock on, music is a nice thing!
post edited by Dyonight - 2011/11/08 23:04:56

8 Replies Related Threads

Guitarpima
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4125
    Re:The Lightbringer 2011/11/08 23:39:29 (permalink)
    This is cool stuff. The words in the beginning are to quiet. The vox are too quiet.

Now that I'm afraid to go to bed now, I'll listen to some more stuff here.

Well done!

Notation, the original DAW. Everything else is just rote. We are who we are and no more than another. Humans, you people are crazy.

Win 7 x64  X2  Intel DX58SO, Intel i7 920 2.66ghz 12gb DDR3  ASUS ATI EAH5750  650w PSU 4x WD HDs 320gb  DVD, DVD RW Eleven Rack, KRK Rokit 8s and 10s sub
    rhynosynth
    • Total Posts : 520
    Re:The Lightbringer 2011/11/09 00:05:21 (permalink)
    This is one hell of a tune. Loved the whole thing. The two panned guitars sound excellent. I think the vox get drowned out just a tid bit at times. All the different vocals make it really interesting. I really enjoyed this. Thanks.
    Dyonight
    Re:The Lightbringer 2011/11/09 01:21:18 (permalink)
    Thanks a lot!

We are more musicians than sound engineers and we faced a lot of challenges like those stated above (vocal calibration) but we done as well as we could and we are very happy with the result! It is not perfect but the energy is transmitted somewhat nicely.

Also, thanks to forgive the aweful prononciation... we are french speakers from Quebec, Canada so the accent is very strong... We are to France what the Texan accent is to Britsh people... So english is not inate for us. We will work harder on this aspect in the next release!

Thanks for the kind words and for the useful observations, will keep those in mind.
    mgh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:The Lightbringer 2011/11/09 10:29:21 (permalink)
    i was expecting black metal with that name and song title...and i wasn't disappointed! really enjoyed the atmospheric intro and the initial heavy vocals. not sure about the melodic vocals in this, not that i mind clean singing at all, but when you start that it sounds like power/viking metal. the subsequent technical death metal riff is cool. typical bloody Canadians, you have to be a little unusual, i love some of your bands like Unexpect, Voivod and Gorguts, and the thing they have in common is experimentation. anyhow, mix wise drums need a little more power, but it's so hard to tell on youtube. really enoyed though, nice one!

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    Dyonight
    Re:The Lightbringer 2011/11/17 00:23:51 (permalink)
    Yeah you're right about the clean parts that sound like power metal and that's the purpose of the band: mix genres togheter to fit the texts. Obviously it won't please everyone but that was a very stimulating experience!  

Check this one if you wish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShY-iCWY4tc&feature=related
    It's a concept album where the songs complete each other. The one above is the last one and the most "powermetal-ish".

In fact, the name " the Lightbringer" do not refer to Satan or Lucifier and there's absolutely no religious reference at all in the songs. The name simply mean "the one who brings the light back".

For those who like concept album, you can listen to all of our songs on youtube. They're even numbered and subtitled to help follow the "story".

On the technical side, yeah the drums and the guitars are not that powerful but that's what we had to work with but the mood the mix impose is somewhat charming even if not perfect I think!

Thanks for your comments and advices!

rhynosynth
    • Total Posts : 520
    Re:The Lightbringer 2011/11/17 00:43:38 (permalink)
    I like everything about this tune. I listened to a few after the last one you posted. Very talented. For me it's a style that I don't listen to really but it's done in a fashion that makes it interesting and a very good listen. Please keep em coming.
    Dyonight
    Re:The Lightbringer 2011/11/17 12:20:36 (permalink)
    Thanks!  This is very nice to be able to share our work!

We hope to be able to start the second album in a near future and quality should be a step up, we hope;)!

Here's my personnal favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLPrcfHa-PU

Cheers!
    Janet
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8094
    Re:The Lightbringer 2011/11/17 22:37:41 (permalink)
    Sounds very well done to me.  

But yeah, I'll have to listen to more songs, cause I'm also afraid to go to bed.  lol
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1