Can I Get Back To You- Can I get some more mix help?

Author
rscain
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 784
2012/01/03 17:57:30 (permalink)

Can I Get Back To You- Can I get some more mix help?

Here's another of the songs on my forthcoming CD that I'm working on, you guys have been really helpful pointing out stuff in my mixes that need work so here I am again, LOL.

Just tell me what you think, don't be shy (not that you would, that's why I'm here after all)
Anywho, hope you like it...

Can I Get Back To You

Thanks!!

My Tunes On SoundClick  

AMD FX9350 @4 gHz, 16 gb ram, 240 gb SSD, 2 1Tb SS/Hybrid HDs, 1 Tb Fantom External HD, Windows 10 64 bit, Sonar Platinum 64 bit, Studio One 4 Pro, Harrison Mixbus, Izotope Neutron 2 Advanced and Ozone 8 Advanced, ARC 2, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP, Focusrite Octopre MkII, KRK Rokit 8 monitors, Sennheiser HD 280 pro headphones, MidiMan Oxygen 8, Behringer X-Touch, guitars and stuff 

6 Replies Related Threads

gcolbert
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1176
    Re:Can I Get Back To You- Can I get some more mix help? 2012/01/03 20:58:02 (permalink)
    Bob,

For my hearing (just another opinion and not a very qualified one) the Ryth guitar is too brittle and the lead is too soft and muffled. I don't know if you printed the guitars dry or wet, but I think the noise gate threshold in the Ryth  should be quite a bit lower and I don't think it would hurt to turn up the highs in the lead amplifier.

For my ears, particularly with the Ryth guitar hard to the left and the lead hard to the right it sounded like all the highs were comming from the left and not enough highs from the right.  Possibly not panned so hard might be another way to equalize this a bit?

Cool tune.  Stomping my feet here.

Glen
    Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Can I Get Back To You- Can I get some more mix help? 2012/01/04 10:55:58 (permalink)
    I, for one, like the hard panning. I've noticed that many people nowdays don't like things panned hard left or right, but there was a time when that was very popular. I like the separation, but that may be just me. Overall, a good song and a good mix.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    gcolbert
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1176
    Re:Can I Get Back To You- Can I get some more mix help? 2012/01/04 14:28:15 (permalink)
    Bob,

Just gave it another listen and things sounded spot on.  My ears must have been sick yesterday cause' I can't hear anything even a touch off today.  Please disregard my previous post.

Glen
    geeare1
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1906
    Re:Can I Get Back To You- Can I get some more mix help? 2012/01/06 21:14:14 (permalink)
    Hi,

I'm listening on a laptop but this sounds great to me.  I love how you've taken a sorta standard rock tune and added some unexpected twists to it. 

The harmonies sound great, too.

Very cool.

-gr

'There's two kinds of music: good and bad. I like both.' - Duke Ellington

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=943338&content=music
    jamesg1213
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 21760
    Re:Can I Get Back To You- Can I get some more mix help? 2012/01/07 10:52:50 (permalink)
    That's a cool rockin' song Bob! Got me head bobbing here Ooh, like those bridge harmonies, nice touch. Lovely guitar break too.

Overall the mix sounds very compressed to my ears, especially the drums. The guitars are small and brittle where (IMO) they should be bigger and have more body to them, those riffs are worth hearing!

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:Can I Get Back To You- Can I get some more mix help? 2012/01/07 11:54:13 (permalink)
    really nice, rscain

a couple of things I'd consider:  the overall volume is low, for this genre I'd slam it pretty hard on the master bus and bring the overall RMS up.  I agree that it does sound compressed, very little dynamic range, but I think that's good for this genre.  I think that's the way it should but, but the master is still low comparitively, IMO.

I like the panning , vox are good, drums are done well.  I agree with james that I'd beef up those guitars.  they're done really well - nice riffs, but they're a little thin, IMO for this song.

good job!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1