Author
Echo
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 29
2012/01/20 16:39:05 (permalink)

new website

Hi to all -
I have created a new website www.innersongs.co.uk
At the moment there's only one song on it - mine !
Have a listen and more importantly, if you have some original material,
with thoughtful lyrics, add it to the site - it won't hurt and it won't cost !
All the best -
Echo

10 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:new website 2012/01/20 17:58:01 (permalink)
    I'll be happy to listen to your song, but there's no link. I'm not keen on logging into your site to hear a tune, so if you could provide a link it would be appreciated.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    Echo
    Re:new website 2012/02/07 12:53:29 (permalink)
    Hi Lynn -
    Your comment above is very interesting. My site has been live now for about three months and (though I hate to admit it) no one has logged in to it ! Could you tell me why someone like yourself would rather not log in to such a site as mine. Most of my few internet exchanges involve some sort of login so I'm slightly concerned that people wouldn't visit my site simply because it requires a login. Is there something about logging in to sites that I'm missing ?
    Hope you are still out there -
     All the best - Echo 
    Lynn
    Re:new website 2012/02/07 13:02:51 (permalink)
    Echo, I prefer to use servers that stream the audio anonymously, so it is a privacy thing and just caution.  I must not be the only one who feels this way.  If you put your songs on Soundclick or Soundcloud I'll be happy to listen to your music.  IOW, I just want to go to a site and stream the music without the login.

p.s.- I don't want to create an account on your website just so I can listen to one song.  Nothing personal.
    post edited by Lynn - 2012/02/07 13:10:37

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    whack
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1188
    Re:new website 2012/02/07 16:24:58 (permalink)
    If your starting off and want people to listen to your songs then make it as easy for them to listen to it as possible, basically spoon feed them (one click and quick play). Unless your bruce springsteen or something NO ONE will go to the hardship to log in to listen to it, and thats being brutally honest.

Your website doesnt seem finished?

Cian

www.cmcgmusic.com

Melody and Meaning
    Echo
    Re:new website 2012/02/12 18:47:38 (permalink)
    Yo Lynn and Cian -
    Hope you are well.
    Having thought about your comments, I've removed the
    visitor login requirement - I can see your point. Anyway,
    have a listen and I hope, after the conversation, you are not
    too underwhelmed by what you hear!
    Any chance any of you can add a song ? I look so lonely
    sitting there all on my own.
    PS Cian - it is finished. The problem is, no one wants to advertise
    on the site - even for free !
    All the best -
    Echo
    BenMMusTech
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2606
    Re:new website 2012/02/12 18:59:40 (permalink)
    Ok I will bite.

Firstly Cian is right the site does look unfinished, this is because the photos don't display properly on the homepage.  The site also looks a bit like a cafe from the seventies, the colour scheme does not invite the veiwer into the experience of the website.  Another thing is how you get to the tracks, I found getting to the first track really hard, so this puts off potential listeners as well.

The song I listened to was a little underwhelming, the vocals are a little muddy and it sounds a bit 80's to me.

Don't give in though, these things take time to get underway, sometimes.

Ben 

Benjamin Phillips-Bachelor of Creative Technology (Sound and Audio Production), (Hons) Sonic Arts, MMusTech (Master of Music Technology), M.Phil (Fine Art)
    http://1331.space/
    https://thedigitalartist.bandcamp.com/
    http://soundcloud.com/aaudiomystiks
    Echo
    Re:new website 2012/02/13 05:39:21 (permalink)
    Hi Ben -
    Thanks for clicking in there - you must be the first, apart from me.
    The problem with the photos is, there aren't any more photos.
     I'm the only one to add songs so I'm the only one to add a photo. 
    The solution is for other writers to add some songs and hopefully a photo
    (but to actually add a song, you have to log in - darn!........)
    Anyway, thanks for your comments about the site appearance. I will take the message on board.
    Sort of thanks for your comments about my songs!
     Yeh, I guess they do sound slightly dated and the mixing doesn't help
    but now my site is up I can get back to creating something new and maybe
    mixing it better. (Today I'm building a new computer with i7 and an Asus P8Z68 - can't say I'm not trying!)
    I'm a bit worried when you say you are not easily accessing the songs. I'm hoping it
    is not a general issue.
    Thanks Ben for your comments.
    Have a great week -
    Echo

ProjectM
    Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3941
    Re:new website 2012/02/13 05:57:37 (permalink)
    Hey Echo!

I'd like to say well done on the initiative and well done on the website! There are potential to the site and room for improvement but I think you've done well already! It'll get there. Rome Websites weren't buildt in one day and I can promise you that Facebook and MySpace and all of the above looked worse than this when they were new! I thought that the site was ok to navigate - again, there are a lot more much worse examples out there. It wasn't hard to find your music. I just wonder what it'll be like when you have more than eight contributors?

Oh, and when I click on your profile, my browser call the page "Untitled" - should have the name of the site or preferably, your name with the sites name

re the photos: You should set in a friendly little thing where there are no photos yet, like: "Your Face Here" or "Join for Free Now" or something like that.

Good thing you don't have the log in to listen. Like everyone else say, that's only annoy people. It's a hassle on the information high way and stuff should go FAST - a log in doesn't (not kidding). That other people have to log in to post music, is a neccessity! Don't ever let people do that without loging in and agreeing, by signing up and agreeing, to only post their own material, be nice to eachother and that nothing they post was sampled from other sources. And more importantly; if they do upload restricted and/or illegal material, YOU, the site owner, take NO responsibillity for it and will remove such content and ban the user upon receiving notification that such material is uploaded.

Your music - I thought it was great! Yeah, quite the 80's sound to it but isn't that popular these days? I got a bit of Phil Collins hanging out with Sting vibe from it. And I say that as a compliment

Well done Echo and good luck!
    post edited by ProjectM - 2012/02/13 05:59:30

(Sonar Platinum - Win10 x64) - iMac and 13" MacBook - Logic Pro X ++ - UA Apollo Twin DUO - NI Maschine MKII - NI Komplete Kontrol S61 - Novation Nocturne - KRK Rokit 6
    Soundcloud
    Negative Vibe Records
    Lynn
    Re:new website 2012/02/13 10:28:20 (permalink)

Alright, I finally got to listen to "One Last Chance", and it was worth the wait.  The song itself is quite good with its catchy melody and hook.  The parts are played well, and if the overall mix was louder, it would be up to standard.  I would master it so that it's a few decibels hotter, but not so much as to destroy the dynamics.  All in all, good writing and playing, but a remastering session could help.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Echo
    Re:new website 2012/02/23 17:31:36 (permalink)
    Hi to ProjectM and Lynn -

You have produced a smile and a sense of warmth.
    Thanks for your encouragement.
    Have a brilliant weekend -
    Echo
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1