Cyclone DXi Corrupt Files OR Other Plug-in??

Author
deved.com
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 75
2012/01/24 12:15:49 (permalink)

Cyclone DXi Corrupt Files OR Other Plug-in??

I've created several Cyclone instrument profiles (.cyc files). However, when I try to re-load them I get an error that states that the file is corrupt. I have tried this on multiple systems (Sonar 8 and Sonar X1). Does anyone know if the developer is working on a fix or if there is another problem?

OR is there another plug-in that is better than Cyclone? I'm looking for a plug-in that is essentially a full-featured sampler.

7 Replies Related Threads

deved.com
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 75
    Re:Cyclone DXi Corrupt Files OR Other Plug-in?? 2012/02/03 12:46:18 (permalink)
    Bump... any ideas on this error?
    ghowe
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:Cyclone DXi Corrupt Files OR Other Plug-in?? 2013/09/08 21:51:56 (permalink)
    Does anyone have an answer for why Cyclone will save a file but will never open one saying that it is corrupt?  It has been a long time since the original post here for this and I don't see an answer on the forums.
    post edited by ghowe - 2013/09/08 23:29:46
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re:Cyclone DXi Corrupt Files OR Other Plug-in?? 2013/09/08 23:58:41 (permalink)
    It has been a while since I looked at Cyclone. The save does not work in X2 but that is not that big a problem. If I wanted to save a Cyclone instance, I would use a track template. It will not only save the Cyclone config but all of the track setup too.
    ghowe
    Re:Cyclone DXi Corrupt Files OR Other Plug-in?? 2013/09/09 12:05:02 (permalink)
    Thank you for the response.  I was hoping I could save the file and open it up in other projects.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re:Cyclone DXi Corrupt Files OR Other Plug-in?? 2013/09/09 12:54:45 (permalink)
    ghowe
    Thank you for the response.  I was hoping I could save the file and open it up in other projects.

A track template would do just that. It would open up an instance of Cyclone already configured. Not much different from creating an instance of Cyclone and reading in  a .cyc file.
    ghowe
    Re:Cyclone DXi Corrupt Files OR Other Plug-in?? 2013/09/09 18:14:37 (permalink)
    It works perfect.  Thank you again.
    Jeff Irok
    • Total Posts : 48
    Re:Cyclone DXi Corrupt Files OR Other Plug-in?? 2017/01/15 14:16:12 (permalink)
    I know this is an older post, but I think I have the solution.  I, too, was experiencing the "corrupt file" message when attempting to load a .cyc file, and I didn't want to rely on saving the Cyclone instruments that I created within a track template.  That idea could work if starting from scratch and I knew which instrument I wanted to use, but it wouldn't work if either I wanted to try different instruments with a track already made or if I wanted to use multiple instances of Cyclone.

Basically, I loaded in the .WAVs, set everything up as I wanted it, and instead of using Cyclone's "Save" feature, I saved it as a preset from the top  of the window (which all VSTi's have).  In order to load, instead of using the Open button on Cyclone, I just load the preset from the drop-down at the top of the window.  It works perfectly!

I have to admit, even after doing that, it was a little quirky.  The first time I saved the preset, the key mappings jumped up an octave.  Another time, a WAV moved itself down to a few positions, pushing all the others up one.  But I banged on it until it saved the way I wanted it, and it works!

I have to admit, Cyclone seems a bit fiddly in general.  It was difficult to align a WAV with a specific note, and trying to get the WAV to respond to anything between velocity 0-127 was also a bit frustrating, but perseverance pays off!  I wanted a sampler where I could simply trigger clips from, and Cyclone hits about 90% of what I want.

One note - None of the WAVs I was working in were acidized.  I doubt that would cause the "corrupt file" condition, but I thought I would mention it.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1