adding audio effects to softsynth track

Author
jaycarlis
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2012/01/29 09:22:57 (permalink)

adding audio effects to softsynth track

In Sonar Studio X1, am using softsythn drum sounds (Roland GrooveSynth to be exact). I inserted the track and then wrote bass lines and drum lines by dropping notes on the staff. Now I want to beef up the sound of the drums with reverb and EQ.

First, I tried to convert to audio, but my Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth is not showing up as a MIDI input, so I can't record from the SoftSynth to Audio.

Is there another way to convert SoftSynth to Audio or, if not, add audio effects like reverb and EQ?

Thanks for your help! 

3 Replies Related Threads

jaycarlis
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:adding audio effects to softsynth track 2012/01/29 15:21:47 (permalink)
    I figured out how to add effects to the softsynth. Right in front of my nose as is not surprising.
    Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:adding audio effects to softsynth track 2012/01/29 20:01:54 (permalink)
    does GS have fx built in like TTS-1 (it's not one of my regulars and my memory is like a sive)... but you can add the fx in the fx bin within sonar on ANYTHING.. you can even use z3ta's fx to effect audio

mleghorn
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 380
    Re:adding audio effects to softsynth track 2012/02/28 17:28:07 (permalink)
    Hey Jay, now that you've figured that out, what I really recommend you try is putting the effects in separate busses (instead in the effects bin of your instrument track). Then add sends in your instrument track to the busses that have the effects   (left-click on the instrument track and select "insert send"). A send is like a volume control (in your instrument track, in this case)  that you can use to adjust how much of the signal you want sent to the specified bus.

Make sure the effects busses output to your audio or to a bus that outputs to your audio.

With this method you can:

1)  Easily control how much of the output of your instrument track to send to the effects

2) Have multiple instrument tracks use the same effects.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1