Invisible Miracles

Author
leibldg
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2012/02/06 13:41:14 (permalink)

Invisible Miracles

Just thought I would post up a new project I'm working on. I know my vocals are 'less to be desired" but do enjoy the therapy writing has brought to me and my family. I currently play all tracks on the songs but hope to get my son involved as his confidence increases. Only been playing/producing since Christmas 2011. Thanks for listening and looking forward to any constructive advice as I start "tweaking" the tracks.

Hope the link works:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1232332&content=music

Sonic LE, UA-25 EX, Lenovo Notebook, T2500 Duo @ 2.00 GHz, 3 GB Ram, XP Pro (32 bit), Seagate 7200 RPM 500 GB HD, Integrated Soundmax Audio

9 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Invisible Miracles 2012/02/06 14:22:19 (permalink)
    If you've only been playing and producing for the last six weeks or so then you are on the right track.  Not that there's not room for improvement.  You've already pointed out your vocal, and that will come with time and practice.  There are some basic timing flaws in the performances that need to be ironed out, and your arrangement is still looking for direction.  These are not trivial, but we've all been there, and there's no reason to think that you won't get a handle on these things with experience.  My advice is to listen to other songs on this forum, and absorb as much wisdom from your fellow forum members as you can.  I will give you this; you have taken a very creative approach to Christian rock.  The fuzz guitar reminds me of a song from "Jesus Christ Superstar".  Good luck.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    radio
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2782
    Re:Invisible Miracles 2012/02/06 15:17:19 (permalink)

I agree with Lynn , you have to start somewhere we all did . Just don't get down when reviews are up to your standards , theres alot of information to gain by hanging out here on the forum .

All I can suggest is practice practice , I started six years ago and theres much more I want to learn but remember this you don't become a music star over night it takes time and the desire to move toward the top wherever that might be in your life  .

Hang in there , it gets better !

Radio

leibldg
    Re:Invisible Miracles 2012/02/06 16:13:01 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply. To be honest, I don't enjoy playing as much as writing and I enjoy singing least of all. I have realistic expectations and those expectations do not include anything professional. My goal for contributing to this forum is to provide a "newbies" starting point and watch him evolve over time (and years). My primary goal is to serve as an example to my 13 year old son that even at 43 and no prior experience... if you put your mind to something and put the time in... good things will eventually happen. Music has never been my "life", but it has become my outlet. I will embrace the comments and advice and continue to grow... hopefully I can get some volunteered vocals along the way.

Sonic LE, UA-25 EX, Lenovo Notebook, T2500 Duo @ 2.00 GHz, 3 GB Ram, XP Pro (32 bit), Seagate 7200 RPM 500 GB HD, Integrated Soundmax Audio
    LanceJ
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 331
    Re:Invisible Miracles 2012/02/09 17:59:45 (permalink)
    Todd Agnew could run with this.  It fits his style.

Keep up the hard work.  The journey is where the excitement is.

Regards,
    Lance

Keeping it simple

www.sonusproject.com
    Sonar X3d 64 bit , Exclusively using software synths & FX, D-Pro, Rapture, zt3a+2
    Komplete 9 Ultimate, GPO3, Garritan Jazz & Big Band, EastWest, Chris Hein Horns, Presonus FireStudio Project Audio Interface, Roland A80 Midi Controller, Tannoy 501A Monitors  

Win 7 Pro 64, I7-2600, 8GB DDR3, w/Firewire

RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    Re:Invisible Miracles 2012/02/12 01:49:48 (permalink)
    David, good to see you here so soon.
    I rather like the story line of your lyrics, especially in light of what you told us in your intro in the LE forum.
    Yeah, the delivery is a little rough, but you already knew that, and I respect the guts it takes just to put a song up.
    I remember sending my first song out into the world. Man, it was hard to push that button.
    One cool thing about this stuff is the more you do it, the more you want to.
    Many of us are non-professional, and as Lance wrote, the fun is in the journey.
    I share your hope that your own efforts, and possibly ours, will inspire your son to dig into this venture.
    From what you have written in the other forum, it sounds like he is getting the bug.
    I look forward to hearing some songs with his input, as well as the rest of the family.
    You're off to a good start. Enjoy the ride, all of you. There are few things in life that offer the personal satisfaction of music and the arts.

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    lhansen
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4765
    Re:Invisible Miracles 2012/02/12 12:11:33 (permalink)
    Dave,

Listening to Drivin' Blind (country remix). I have to say that for only doing this for a couple of months, you're moving forward..I do like the song! It's nice to have family sharing the same 'vision' as well and working towards a goal. I offer no crits on this, only encouragement to keep playing,singing, writing. There's a style in your music that I like! An innocent freshness...

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
    leibldg
    Re:Invisible Miracles 2012/02/13 17:25:40 (permalink)
    My son and I appreciate the feedback. We are currently working on an instrumental together and he has been running with the arrangment. Most importantly, we are once again finding that father/son time I have missed so much. So for now, my current songs although needing lots of work will be placed on hold. I am changing jobs currently to something local so hopefully my traveling will be very limited. My family needs me and I need them and when together we make our own music laughing and joking about lifes little things. Thanks again and when we post the new song I will start a new thread based on the title as I am learning this forum as well.

geeare1
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1906
    Re:Invisible Miracles 2012/02/13 18:16:45 (permalink)
    Hi,

I like your song and, if you're looking for advice, guidance and/or inspiration ( not necessarily from me, tho ), you've come to the right place

-gr

'There's two kinds of music: good and bad. I like both.' - Duke Ellington

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=943338&content=music
    bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:Invisible Miracles 2012/02/13 18:46:09 (permalink)
    Good start Dave.

Just keep listening to the stuff you like and try your best to get your songs to sound the way you want them to. It helps to listen to a song that you like on your system just before starting to mix your song. That way you have a target to shoot for.

The things I (and all of us) had/have to learn are clarity of instruments (separation) and voices, timing (especially drums and bss), EQ, compression and proper application of reverb and FX's (without overdoing it).

Hope to hear more form you as you continue to enjoy making and sharing your music with us.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1