Avionik - Death Be Not Obvious (now available on iTunes and CDbaby)

Author
burkek
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1104
2012/02/11 15:48:20 (permalink)

Avionik - Death Be Not Obvious (now available on iTunes and CDbaby)

Well it's been about 1 1/2 years in the making, but it's finally out in the wild - my ninth studio album, Death Be Not Obvious.

Death Be Not Obvious is the most intelligent and consistent electronic release I’ve ever created. It manages to maintain the lighter, melodic, analog brilliance of synthpop while at the same time introducing horror fantasy in the form of the darker, pounding-fury industrial elements of EBM. This is an eclectic mix of synthesized, mostly up-beat, frequently all-instrumental tracks, but haunting vocals and virtual combat imagery await on the war-themed and inevitably sad “Soul To Keep”.

I've been a Cakewalk/Sonar user since v3 for DOS, so it should be no surprise that the entire album was recorded and mixed in Sonar 8/X1 Expanded using a host of virtual synthesizers, drum modules and FX as well as some old-fashioned hardware (a complete list of gear is on my website). I used ProChannel modules often enough, but augmented with FX from Voxengo and Waves (mostly). Mastering was done using Ozone 5 with my own custom preset (lightly tweaked for each track). Recording hardware includes my M-Audio Profire 2626, and monitoring with S/PDIF linkup to M-Audio's excellent DSM3's.

iTunes: 
http://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/death-be-not-obvious/id502227097

MP3 versions and the physical CD (in about 7 days) can be purchased from CDbaby:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/avionik2

Thanks for listening, and wishing you all the success in the world with your own projects.

KEv

www.kevinburke.ca

Macbook Pro 2017 | 4K monitor 
AKAI S5000 x 3 | Korg Prophecy/Poly-61M | Alesis S4+/DM5 | Ensoniq Mirage x 2, ASR-10 | EMU e6400 | Roland S750 | Kawai K4r/XD-5/K3m | EMU Proformance/1+ | Waldorf uQ

10 Replies Related Threads

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Avionik - Death Be Not Obvious (now available on iTunes and CDbaby) 2012/02/11 19:14:47 (permalink)
    Sorry, but it's not playing for me.  I hope that I don't have to buy it first.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    burkek
    Re:Avionik - Death Be Not Obvious (now available on iTunes and CDbaby) 2012/02/12 06:20:16 (permalink)
    Thanks for trying, Lynn, but it must be your browser. Both of the links above allow previewing the tracks, and I've verified that they both work.

KEv

www.kevinburke.ca

AKAI S5000 x 3 | Korg Prophecy/Poly-61M | Alesis S4+/DM5 | Ensoniq Mirage x 2, ASR-10 | EMU e6400 | Roland S750 | Kawai K4r/XD-5/K3m | EMU Proformance/1+ | Waldorf uQ

Lynn
    Re:Avionik - Death Be Not Obvious (now available on iTunes and CDbaby) 2012/02/14 12:51:38 (permalink)
    Ok, I tried to listen in both Firefox and Chrome. I don't have an Itunes account, so I'm only able to hear about 20 seconds from each song in either link. I've heard your songs before, and I know to expect the best. I'm sure you have a winner on your hands, but I just wish I could hear a complete song. However, just the few seconds I can hear sound very promising. Good luck with the CD.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    burkek
    Re:Avionik - Death Be Not Obvious (now available on iTunes and CDbaby) 2012/02/14 21:08:54 (permalink)
    Lynn, thanks. Yes, it's true that you can only get about a 20 second preview on the iTunes website, and CDbaby, and even Amazon, but you can actually hear 1 1/2 minutes of each song if you install iTunes (and I'm not sure if you need an account to view items in the store). Sorry, that's all they give us.

KEv

www.kevinburke.ca

Lynn
    Re:Avionik - Death Be Not Obvious (now available on iTunes and CDbaby) 2012/02/15 10:50:41 (permalink)
    KEv, I don't know how likely you are to get many hits if you don't offer your tunes on Soundclick or Soundcloud where we can have easy access with one click to hear an entire song.  Most people don't want to start an account just to hear a demo.  It's too bad because your music is very good, and I would think that you could actually advertise better if we could hear at least one entire song.  I may be wrong, but look at your hits in this posting.  Again, good luck.
    burkek

Lynn, thanks. Yes, it's true that you can only get about a 20 second preview on the iTunes website, and CDbaby, and even Amazon, but you can actually hear 1 1/2 minutes of each song if you install iTunes (and I'm not sure if you need an account to view items in the store). Sorry, that's all they give us.

KEv

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

radio
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2782
    Re:Avionik - Death Be Not Obvious (now available on iTunes and CDbaby) 2012/02/15 11:08:53 (permalink)

I have itunes on my computer for my new iPhone4 cell phone , listened to all the tracks as a sample .
    Some great songs aimed in the direction of listeners who like living on the dark side .

Good luck with your CD sales !

Radio

burkek
    Re:Avionik - Death Be Not Obvious (now available on iTunes and CDbaby) 2012/02/15 14:11:10 (permalink)
    Lynn, I had posted 3 of the songs in these forums and received zero comments over a period of weeks. So I removed them.

There seems to be ambivalence to electronic music in this particular forum. With so much rock/folk/country here, an electronic artist is less likely to find an audience here - and I understand that. Electronic artists had much better success in the old Project V forum (likely because that product maybe had a more direct slant to the production of this type of music). But, this is now the only place Cakewalk provides for us to share the results of our creativity, so as a favour to those who wonder what all can be done with Cakewalk products, this is where the product gets highlighted (ignored or not). I do also post to KVRaudio's Music Cafe.

Having said all that, I do maintain a Soundcloud account and I have 107 tracks posted there in WAV format - including every track from this new album. You can't download the tracks, but you can hear them in their entirety (mind you, they have since been remastered for the album). Soundcloud apparently converts the original files to MP3 for streaming, and many people abhore the digital artifacts, so be wary of a reduction in sound quality.

So have at it, and thanks again for your support and comments:

http://soundcloud.com/avionik

KEv

www.kevinburke.ca

Lynn
    Re:Avionik - Death Be Not Obvious (now available on iTunes and CDbaby) 2012/02/15 17:05:00 (permalink)
    KEv, thanks for the link.  I listened to a few of your songs, and they sound terrific.  Trent Reznor would be proud.  Don't despair about not getting comments here.  It happens to all of us from time to time.  As long as you keep posting songs here, I'll listen.  And, of course, we all would be interested in hearing what you have to say about our music.  You are a talented writer and musician, and you come up with some very clever song titles.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

congalocke
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 252
    Re:Avionik - Death Be Not Obvious (now available on iTunes and CDbaby) 2012/02/16 23:59:59 (permalink)
    KEv, I listened to Pleasing an Adversary and I thought it was really Kool! Very creative and unique (which may show how much I don't listen to this style much;-) Dig what you are doing! conga
    Rimshot
    Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4625
    Re:Avionik - Death Be Not Obvious (now available on iTunes and CDbaby) 2012/02/17 08:50:14 (permalink)
    KEv, best of luck on your CD.  The snippets I reviewed sounded nice.  

Rimshot

Rimshot 

Sonar Platinum 64 (Lifer), Studio One V3.5, Notion 6, Steinberg UR44, Zoom R24, Purrrfect Audio Pro Studio DAW (Case: Silent Mid Tower, Power Supply: 600w quiet, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz (8 threads), RAM: 16GB DDR3/1600 
    , OS drive: 1TB HD, Audio drive: 1TB HD), Windows 10 x64 Anniversary, Equator D5 monitors, Faderport, FP8, Akai MPK261
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1