No sound after starting X1 until after I click OK in Properties

Author
mleghorn
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 380
2012/02/15 11:12:20 (permalink)

No sound after starting X1 until after I click OK in Properties

Anyone else experiencing this? Whenever I load X1 (latest version -- Studio), I get no sound. To fix, I have to hit 'P' (for properties window), then click OK in the properties window. Then everything is fine. This is not the end of the world, but it's inconvenient, and adds about a minute to my startup time.

... looking forward to the sound of crickets ...

Mike

6 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:No sound after starting X1 until after I click OK in Properties 2012/02/15 11:44:42 (permalink)
    nope..... not happening to me. 

that does sound a bit odd though. 

By sound..... you mean all sound or specifically midi/synths? 

In properties, there are many options in there so which one exactly are you needing to click OK on? 

By any chance.... is it the place where you select the sound cards? 

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    AT
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:No sound after starting X1 until after I click OK in Properties 2012/02/15 12:26:49 (permalink)
    Never had that problem w/ SONAR or a synth in it.  Strange.  I would look in the midi scope to see if something got haywire before the song starts.  But definately send this into the problem reporter.  It is likely something specific to your set up and the inquiring minds at Cake would want to know.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    MoodyB
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 103
    Re:No sound after starting X1 until after I click OK in Properties 2012/02/15 15:19:51 (permalink)
    I got this on my laptop when I was using its' in-built soundchip+ASIO4all drivers.

It stopped when I changed to a dedicated usb soundcard.
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:No sound after starting X1 until after I click OK in Properties 2012/02/16 07:58:17 (permalink)
    using a dedicated USB soundcard like the ones from M-Audio and other musical interfaces is the best way to solve this....as MoodyB pointed out. 

Same thing worked well for me and continues to work on my desktop DAW as well... 4+ years and counting now. 

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    chuckebaby
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re:No sound after starting X1 until after I click OK in Properties 2012/02/16 09:00:38 (permalink)
    yes,this was happening to me at one point.
    if i can remember correctly the patches and hot fix took care of this.
    you can always try reseting your audio engine instead.not the end of the planet.
    but like you said its in inconvience

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

mleghorn
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 380
    Re:No sound after starting X1 until after I click OK in Properties 2012/02/16 17:28:47 (permalink)
    Sorry, I meant to post this in the X1 forum, not instruments. Thanks to all for you replies.

I tried resetting my audio engine, but that doesn't work. I seems like the only way is to go to preferences, and click "OK" -- I don't even need to change anything in preferences. Btw, when I hit "P" to go to preferences, it takes about 20 seconds for the preferences screen to appear.

I'm using ASIO4ALL and the USB out on my computer. The problem started when I got a new laptop about a month ago. I didn't have the problem on my previous laptop.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1